Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2023, 02:16 PM

14,507 posts, read 12,148,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayfair View Post
I've not heard the term never Trumper before.
Not sure how that's possible! It's a small but well publicized group, largely represented by Liz Cheney, Mitt Romney and Chris Christie.

Old 12-22-2023, 02:26 PM

8,219 posts, read 16,714,148 times
Quote:
That's a good question. I'm by no means an expert on this, and just thought there's Trumpers (Republicans) and Democrats (who never want Trump), going by what I observe around me. I had no idea there were never-Trumpers on the other side.
It's a larger group than you might imagine and one which is likely unprecedented in prior elections. And it's not just some unknown, fringe elements of the party. Rather, it includes former president George Bush, his own vice president Mike Pence and many more. Here's a partial listing if interested. List of Republicans who oppose the Donald Trump 2024 presidential campaign

In it, there is a list of groups he can potentially join such as the Republican Accountability Project.

Derek

Old 12-22-2023, 02:32 PM

1,684 posts, read 2,712,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Not sure how that's possible! It's a small but well publicized group, largely represented by Liz Cheney, Mitt Romney and Chris Christie.
I had no idea. So I guess OPs brother needs to find some Republicans not Democrats. That sounds kind of niche and not an easy thing to find in the area he lives in. Maybe if he joins the local Republican Party they have a group.

I had the totally wrong idea reading the first post.

Old 12-22-2023, 02:35 PM

Quote:
I had no idea. So I guess OPs brother needs to find some Republicans not Democrats. That sounds kind of niche and not an easy thing to find in the area he lives in. Maybe if he joins the local Republican Party they have a group.

I had the totally wrong idea reading the first post.

Well, it wasn't real clear. It's just not a term I've seen used for democrats.

Old 12-22-2023, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Well, it wasn't real clear. It's just not a term I've seen used for democrats.
Good to know!

Old 12-23-2023, 06:54 AM

21,953 posts, read 9,528,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretBartle View Post
I just got off the phone with my brother. He seriously needs some people to talk to. He lives south of Tacoma. Maybe an old-fogies' coffee klatch or something. He asked me what he was interrupting, and I told him I was watching a movie review. It took about three minutes for him to direct the conversation into why Trump is the devil incarnate, yada yada yada. He needs to join a Never-Trump discussion group.

At least tonight on his phone call to me, he was able to hear and respond to me saying I had to leave, and he said goodby. The last time he called, I had to hang up in the middle of his harangue because he wouldn't stop talking long enough to say Goodby.

He needs some people around who will agree with him, and enjoy talking to him. I'm getting increasingly resistant to his phone calls. I've been telling him, in clear, outspoken words, that I don't like that conversation, but he seems to think I'm saying "I can't hear you. Talk louder"

I formed a discussion group of people who like to talk about the subjects I'm interested in, and I think such a group would be a help to him, and maybe make his presence at family gatherings more enjoyable. He spends hours every day reading the NY Times, Wall Street Journal, Atlantic, listening to NPR, etc and he wants to respond. We are the only people he has access to.

Do you know of any discussion groups in the south Puget Sound area? Or where might be a good place to post a notice about forming such a group?
He can't find a group of Trump haters in Tacoma, WA? lol. Seems like that's all there would be there.

Old 12-23-2023, 10:29 AM

8,219 posts, read 16,714,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
He can't find a group of Trump haters in Tacoma, WA? lol. Seems like that's all there would be there.
From the way the OP wrote, it sounds like he's only running into to those who bought the flags, bumper stickers, hats and yards signs. They're on every corner, apparently. lol

Derek

Old 12-23-2023, 11:10 AM

She looks like she's having a good time.

Perhaps the problem is everyone trying to make points against some "other" instead of listening. Same problem Margaret's brother has, apparently.

Old 12-23-2023, 11:40 AM

Religion and politics rarely go well in family conversations. Even back in the day, no one wanted to listen to that. Best bet is to find a like minded group for those things and talk about something more neutral with your family. The chances are, people have differing views and someone's going to take offense.

Old 12-23-2023, 11:42 AM

3,661 posts, read 2,956,086 times
Every Democrat should house and feed an entire family of illegals. This is what they wanted. You know fair and fair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington