Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2023, 04:39 PM

102,293 posts, read 108,372,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
So it's a colossal waste of money to stop drugs and illegals alien flowing across our southern border? Got it..
You hit the nail on the head first try.
So I ask you what is the solution beside let it happen because Biden and democrat don't care.
Still harping on the Dems, eh? I thought your topic was about the fentanyl problem and other illegal drugs coming into the US. Now it's about illegal aliens? Why are you changing the topic? You do realize, don't you, that cheap labor entering the country without proper documents has nothing to do with the drug flow across the border, right? Oh, and btw, it was Reagan who supported that cheap labor as a boon to business, and declared the first "amnesty" for undocumented workers.

Tsk, tsk. Those Repubs! They'll do anything to support big business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2023, 04:49 PM

6,797 posts, read 5,110,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffydelusions View Post
Don't forget the drones they use to drop packages over the border as well. It's so ridiculously easy to get stuff over.
Or use a trebuchet (the video talks about marijuana smuggling, but most anything that can survive the landing could be launched into the U.S.)...

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news...rder/97936316/

Old 08-22-2023, 04:50 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,111,329 times
I think we should just settle for less on this.
I mean “come on man” it ain’t that hard to do.
After we get used to this we can then settle for less on other topics.
Come on man we shouldn’t complain.
Those of you that disagree are just being selfish.

Old 08-22-2023, 05:13 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,809,213 times
Quote:
So it's a colossal waste of money to stop drugs and illegals alien flowing across our southern border? Got it..
So I ask you what is the solution beside let it happen because Biden and democrat don't care.
Of course you still patrol and secure the borders for a hundred different reasons.

You just don't naively assume that border patrols are going to solve the fentanyl epidemic. They won't.

This is what 5,500 doses of fentanyl look like (street value about $350,000). You can't possibly control something this small and concentrated from leaking into the country or getting manufactured here

Old 08-23-2023, 09:57 AM

2,122 posts, read 1,752,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yes, I was thinking that would be one way to go, but I haven't heard/read about it, so I didn't mention it. Thx for posting!
I was quite literally watching a video on the subject 2 days ago. Since fentanyl is so lightweight and the drones they use can carry a couple pounds they just attach it and fly the drones right over the border. And while we are on the subject the "border wall/fence" is such a joke and a waste of money. The video shows points where they just either cut right through the fence with an angle grinder and or use ladders to get over it. But I think anyone with a brain knew the wall would never work...just another way to line politicians pockets and a waste of tax money.

Old 08-23-2023, 10:08 AM

6,300 posts, read 3,448,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Still harping on the Dems, eh? I thought your topic was about the fentanyl problem and other illegal drugs coming into the US. Now it's about illegal aliens? Why are you changing the topic? You do realize, don't you, that cheap labor entering the country without proper documents has nothing to do with the drug flow across the border, right? Oh, and btw, it was Reagan who supported that cheap labor as a boon to business, and declared the first "amnesty" for undocumented workers.

Tsk, tsk. Those Repubs! They'll do anything to support big business.
FYI the cartels are using illegal aliens to carry drugs across the southern border.
Quote:
Mexican drug cartels are taking advantage of the chaotic influx of migrants at the US southern border to smuggle thousands of pounds of deadly fentanyl into the country, experts say. “Border patrol agents are too busy dealing with the influx of migrants, and are not really focused on looking for fentanyl,” Robert Almonte, a Texas-based security consultant and former deputy chief of the El Paso Police Department, told The Post. “Border agents are not getting the support they need from the federal government to stop the flow of fentanyl, which is killing thousands of Americans.”
More than 90 percent of the 10,000 pounds of fentanyl seized in fiscal 2021 occurred at legal border entry points in California and Arizona –—areas where roughly 30 percent of migrants are entering the US, according to CBP statistics.
Meanwhile, In areas like New Mexico and Texas, where border agents are overwhelmed with nearly 70 percent of migrant entries, there have been fewer seizures — less than 5 percent — of the deadly synthetic opioid, experts told The Post.
And democrats will do anything to increase the vote, drugs and demography using illegals to continue their power over the American people.

Old 08-23-2023, 10:11 AM

6,300 posts, read 3,448,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdiver View Post
Of course you still patrol and secure the borders for a hundred different reasons.

You just don't naively assume that border patrols are going to solve the fentanyl epidemic. They won't.

This is what 5,500 doses of fentanyl look like (street value about $350,000). You can't possibly control something this small and concentrated from leaking into the country or getting manufactured here
And maybe if the border patrol had more time to deal with illegal drugs and less with illegal aliens some of the problem could be solved.

Old 08-23-2023, 10:15 AM

2,122 posts, read 1,752,820 times
Quote:
It's a waste of tax payer money, yes, because the majority of that money doesn't actually go to where they say it goes. It goes to corrupt politicians and to answer your question, no I don't have a solution. This country is too politically divided and corrupt to get anything worthwhile done.

Old 08-23-2023, 11:11 AM

9,209 posts, read 6,316,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
US Alcohol deaths 2023 at 140,000.

US Fentanyl deaths 2023 at 107,000.

They are different ways of dying.

I find that actual numbers are inconsistent from source to source and that the time lag between incidence and reporting tends to distort impact.

Old 08-23-2023, 11:35 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,696,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffydelusions View Post
, no I don't have a solution. This country is too politically divided and corrupt to get anything worthwhile done.
Wow that's a pretty gloomy view, but I'm afraid it may be true. We have so many people who seem to think this drug problem will simply go away with the aid of law enforcement at the border, even after fifty years of failed drug interdiction efforts on the border, in our cities, prisons, and schools. Most people understand the theoretical construct of supply and demand, with the exception of this drug problem, and as long as we in America are on the demand side of things, drugs will continue to flow despite our best efforts to stop them.

On a side note:
There is a huge amount of money being spent on these interdiction efforts, and that means gainful employment, DEA, Border Patrol, the courts, the Lawyers, Prisons, not to mention the illegal side of things wherein drugs sales themselves have become a very large part of US, and foreign nations, economic expectations.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/front...cial/math.html

https://reason.com/2019/06/23/why-dr...ed-to-failure/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington