Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2023, 06:02 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,527,093 times

Advertisements

Well sorry for your pain but I'm skeptical. You have always posted far right claims and when asked for facts change the subject. You've made ridiculous assertions.. so whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2023, 09:43 AM

6,239 posts, read 3,415,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I’m a moderate middle of the road kinda guy.
I don’t much care for the extreme far right.
Most of their talking points bore me
That being said at least they don’t promote child castration, drug usage and your basic urban lawlessness.

There is really too much to fix at one time.
Maybe if we started with a simple thing like maintaining law and order less people would want to leave.

There is a domino effect when things change.
One thing can easily have influence on several different things.
Meaning one bad decision normally has several negative results and one good decision can have the same amount in positive results.

I think we are due for some positive changes.
This post is kind of funny... Stated....I don't care for the extreme right but points out what the extreme left wants and is allowing.....totally funny post.
But please point the positives the extreme left has accomplished. You know like open borders, inflation and crime which most people don't consider an accomplishment but an extremism..
But one thing I can say the extremism of the left doesn't bore me...not one bit.

Old 05-01-2023, 11:20 AM

7,541 posts, read 17,243,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
Hey, please leave!

-- Born 'n Bred.

lol agreed. I wasn't born here but I'd sure love to buy a house for something like $400 to $600k. If a few thousand folks wanna leave, or even across the state a few tens of thousands, go for it. And let's talk again in 20 years when the federal government has instituted massive water restrictions across the Colorado River users and the jet stream is visibly moving northward across the US.

Old 05-01-2023, 11:51 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,737,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahn View Post
If it's anything like this forum, it's a bunch of right-wingers endlessly pissing and moaning about how lefty WA is, yet staying and reaping those magnificent returns on investment for their real property.
Pretend you're me for a bit. For 18 months I had my property rights violated by the states Hurst decision, which took away my existing well water rights and therefore my ability to get a permit to start building my families home. It was later thrown out in court, but with no accountability for those 18 months of payments made, time lost, and living with relatives. Then I finally get a permit only after almost 3 years of bickering, studies, mitigation, and nearly $15,000 in fees over a seasonal depression that isn't even federally classified as a wetland. It's literally a muddy spot that breeds mosquitos and dries up 9 months of the year. Then, along comes Covid-19, my home isn't critical construction so no foundation forms inspection for me on a home I'm building myself, alone....6 more months lost. Then, I'm mandated to take the vaccine while in the hospital with a brain bleed had a severe reaction to it and now spend most of my time in a wheelchair. Sound fun? This state gov't can take a long walk off a short pier into alligator infested waters with a good luck ham tied around its neck!

Old 05-01-2023, 01:17 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,052,709 times
The press is NOT reporting on the mis-management of the state by the Democrats and Inslee.

A few weeks ago I was talking with a friend who is an architect and he mentioned the new code requirements and their impact on affordable housing. Another almost 15,000 added to cost of a home just this year thanks to Inslee and Democrats.

This is the ONLY mention of the issue in the media that I found.

https://www.columbian.com/news/2023/...-clark-county/

The Democrats are running Washington state for the Corporations and Elites.

IF it would be one thing IF Inslee and Democrats really believed in global warming due to man's activities....but they don't. They use it as an excuse to lower living standards for the middle class.

Last edited by 509; 05-01-2023 at 01:32 PM..

Old 05-02-2023, 08:59 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,081,026 times
I don’t care much for either extreme sides.
The far left and the far right are people I’d rather not have over for dinner.
Why you find humor in it is beyond me.

I find the most common sense from people that are in the middle.
Did you know that most working class union members in San Francisco are very pro 2nd amendment, closed borders, lower taxes and against child mutilation?
These are the people I can relate to.

Just how is this funny?
Never mind, I’m not going to argue with you today, it’s just to nice of a day for that.

Old 05-02-2023, 09:41 AM

2,251 posts, read 3,273,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
Hey, please leave!

-- Born 'n Bred.
Spoken just like a typical "tolerant" liberal, right?

And yes, that's my plan - to leave.

I am also born and bred in WA, and I used to say that I loved this state despite the democratic government.

But the recent slate of ridiculous laws, such as the stupid covid restrictions, useless gun bans, sharply raising gas taxes at the same time as gas prices are skyrocketing, forever increasing B&O taxes on small businesses, legalization of hard drugs, inability to control the homeless problem, etc., etc. - it's time to jump ship to a more sane state, like Idaho.

Old 05-02-2023, 09:49 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
The press is NOT reporting on the mis-management of the state by the Democrats and Inslee.

A few weeks ago I was talking with a friend who is an architect and he mentioned the new code requirements and their impact on affordable housing. Another almost 15,000 added to cost of a home just this year thanks to Inslee and Democrats.

This is the ONLY mention of the issue in the media that I found.

https://www.columbian.com/news/2023/...-clark-county/

The Democrats are running Washington state for the Corporations and Elites.

IF it would be one thing IF Inslee and Democrats really believed in global warming due to man's activities....but they don't. They use it as an excuse to lower living standards for the middle class.
Be careful what you wish for. Remember, that the Repubs are the party of business, big business. They're not going to be more inclined to think of the little guy, the people needing affordable housing, than the Dems. While they would probably be less inclined to be concerned about mitigating global warming, and protecting the environment generally speaking, they're not going to vote in or pay for affordable housing measures, rest assured.

The fact is, that affordable housing units that don't have fuel-saving measures, like insulated walls to give a common example, end up costing the residents much more on a monthly basis, because they end up using their climate control much more. Affordable housing units also use cheap fixtures that give out after 20 years, so the residents have to replace plumbing and electrical fixtures at that point, while people in homes with higher-quality fixtures don't have that inconvenience and expense suddenly hitting them.

So it becomes a matter of paying for quality up front (and spreading out the cost over the life of a mortgage), or being able to buy in to homeownership at a lower cost, but being stuck with higher expenses after the buy-in.

I can tell you, that most people buying an affordable-housing unit are unaware of the downsides I mentioned. I don't know what their response would be, if the full scenario were explained to them, and they were polled on which option they'd prefer: a cheapskate house costing them higher utility bills, and a slew of repair costs after 20 years of ownership, or the other option. Maybe "affordable housing" should come with some kind of loan assistance or subsidy or something, so that lower-income buyers could afford quality. I don't know what the solution is, 509.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 05-02-2023 at 10:01 AM..

Old 05-02-2023, 09:57 AM

2,251 posts, read 3,273,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Be careful what you wish for. Remember, that the Repubs are the party of business, big business. They're not going to be more inclined to think of the little guy, the people needing affordable housing, than the Dems. While they would probably be less inclined to be concerned about mitigating global warming, and protecting the environment, generally speaking, they're not going to vote in or pay for affordable housing measures, rest assured.
Ummm....how about the recently-debated-on-CD SB-5770?

I agree - the Dems are trying to help the "little guy" - at the expense of the middle class once again.

Old 05-02-2023, 10:07 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
Ummm....how about the recently-debated-on-CD SB-5770?

I agree - the Dems are trying to help the "little guy" - at the expense of the middle class once again.
SB 5770 is freaky. I can't get my mind around it. You'll notice I haven't participated on that thread. I was only pointing out to 509, that the issue he raises is more complex than he thinks.

How is 5770 helping "the little guys"? I don't see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington