Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2022, 01:27 PM

154 posts, read 231,254 times

Advertisements

https://twitter.com/CoreyGibson/stat...ljVnxMXjTp8JiA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2022, 04:00 PM

14,576 posts, read 12,258,977 times
Truth is many thousands of migrants come in to Yakima and other Ag towns in Eastern Washington every year for harvest... Often returning to the same farms every year, without government help to get there.

They probably have a lot more prospects there, than in Tacoma, if that's where the buses are taking them.

Old 08-20-2022, 05:02 PM

8,079 posts, read 8,405,555 times
How do they think their fruit and vegetables are getting picked? If "guest workers", they're not illegal, despite what the linked tweet claims.

Old 08-20-2022, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
How do they think their fruit and vegetables are getting picked? If "guest workers", they're not illegal, despite what the linked tweet claims.
I don’t doubt for a minute at these are illegals because I I don’t think they fly in in chartered planes unless they’ve been brought here by our leader. It’s just that they’d have better prospects in Yakima than if they get on those buses and go to Tacoma.

Nothing about any of this makes any sense.

Old 08-20-2022, 10:25 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,108,982 times
Farm labor usually comes in on pickup trucks not chartered jets.

Old 08-21-2022, 11:44 PM

1,066 posts, read 897,078 times
Be nice to see some proof, not that I don't trust uhm, Corey Gibson with his 3k followers.

Old 08-22-2022, 01:46 AM

1,369 posts, read 718,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjazz View Post
No, the citizens of Yakima cannot afford a person describing human beings as being ‘released into society’ as if they are somehow evil and a threat. They can, however, afford to ignore those who choose to incite anger and fear and instead get more involved in their government, learn about the issues from different points of view and work constructively to solve problems in a bipartisan manner, while strengthening their state and nation.

As our President has shown, bipartisanship is the way forward.

Old 08-22-2022, 12:15 PM

I agree that these are human beings, and they have a right to expect more than virtue signalling in the form of open borders providing no order, or buses and planes delivering them to places that are not prepared to receive them. They deserve better than being dumped somewhere in a strange place with no resources to help them succeed.

Our president hasn't shown us any bipartisanship on this, or anything else I can think of. He hasn't done ONE thing or made one attempt to help with the border situation. He is failing to do ANYTHING on the border, and the illegals are suffering for it at the hands of cartels and human traffickers, and we are suffering for it in the form of criminals trafficking fentanyl. No.... I don't like what he's "showing" us.

Last edited by Diana Holbrook; 08-22-2022 at 01:40 PM..

Old 08-22-2022, 02:13 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,683,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I agree that these are human beings, and they have a right to expect more than virtue signalling in the form of open borders providing no order, or buses and planes delivering them to places that are not prepared to receive them. They deserve better than being dumped somewhere in a strange place with no resources to help them succeed.
I can't tell if you are talking about the Texan treatment of them or not, bussing them off to NY and DC for political points. Point of order though: we clearly don't have "open borders" or they wouldn't have to be smuggled in. I don't know why people keep using that phrase, the restrictions on border crossings have not changed for years except for covid.

I don't think that a video of buses at an airport is proof of anything other than that there were once some buses at an airport.

Old 08-22-2022, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
we clearly don't have "open borders" or they wouldn't have to be smuggled in. I don't know why people keep using that phrase, the restrictions on border crossings have not changed for years except for covid.

Policy certainly has changed! Biden canceled Remain in Mexico, which has encouraged the surge of traffic and smuggling to get here that is continuing. Almost anyone who gets across the line gets to stay.

I see Texas bussing people up to bigger cities as a survival tactic. It's not good policy but neither is Texas bearing all the responsibility for this federal policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington