Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2021, 10:54 AM

6,253 posts, read 3,423,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_crossen View Post
Naw they won't. Go Buckeyes!!

Yea..the buckeyes will be going but not any further in the NCAA tournament.

Little old Oral Roberts took them behind the wood shed and spanked them good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2021, 09:50 PM

862 posts, read 1,065,017 times
I thought NSU would give the Zags more of a game.
Impressed with the Zags. Everyone shoots...and scores. But I'd like to see them against a good zone.

PAC12 is perfect.

Old 03-20-2021, 10:45 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,902,014 times
Except Oregon. Cancelled game due to covid. Not sure how this will work in the tournament. How do you handle this in a win or go home situation?

Edit: Ducks move on as the covid situation was with opposing team. Hmm, didn’t the OR football team win the Pac 12 championship for the same reason? WA actually won it but couldn’t suit enough players. I just want this thing to go away. Get vaccinated everyone!

Last edited by pnwguy2; 03-20-2021 at 10:56 PM..

Old 03-21-2021, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Except Oregon. Cancelled game due to covid. Not sure how this will work in the tournament. How do you handle this in a win or go home situation?

Edit: Ducks move on as the covid situation was with opposing team. Hmm, didn’t the OR football team win the Pac 12 championship for the same reason? WA actually won it but couldn’t suit enough players. I just want this thing to go away. Get vaccinated everyone!
More Duck luck. They also won the PAC12 football title, by Udub's default.

Old 03-21-2021, 03:42 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,510,449 times
Opportunistic Ducks, eh? I watched the Zags destroy Norfolk State last night and that was my first look at Gonzaga this season. I'd call them well-coached, disciplined and aggressive on the boards, especially on offense. They shoot well and release their shots quickly.

Fine, fine team. Watching the Final 64's gonna be fun in '21!

Go Zags!

Old 03-21-2021, 11:04 AM

It was of no fault of the Oregon Ducks that Virginia Commonwealth couldn't control their players getting the Wuhan virus.
The NCAA tournament rules stated that any team that contacted the virus would forfeit.
I doubt even if VCU played the Ducks the outcome would have been any different. Oregon would have moved on to the second round.

Old 03-21-2021, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Opportunistic Ducks, eh? I watched the Zags destroy Norfolk State last night and that was my first look at Gonzaga this season. I'd call them well-coached, disciplined and aggressive on the boards, especially on offense. They shoot well and release their shots quickly.

Fine, fine team. Watching the Final 64's gonna be fun in '21!

Go Zags!

After watching the Zags literal destroy Norfolk State 98-55 and watching Gonzaga all season I was not surprised by this outcome.
Even with a slow start in the game which was kind of expected considering the eleven day layoff Gonzaga turned a close start into romp by half time leading by 20.

On to play #8 Oklahoma in the second round on Monday.

Old 03-21-2021, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
It was of no fault of the Oregon Ducks that Virginia Commonwealth couldn't control their players getting the Wuhan virus.
The NCAA tournament rules stated that any team that contacted the virus would forfeit.
I doubt even if VCU played the Ducks the outcome would have been any different. Oregon would have moved on to the second round.
Oh, I agree. No fault of the Ducks. Just covid-lucky...again. But they were only a 5.5 point favorite over 10-seeded VCU. Not a comfortable spread, from what we've seen so far in this tourney.
As an aside, UNC-CHeat did not once have to cancel a game this year, because of their own covid issues. There're even articles about their players attending parties, everyone un-masked. Different kind of luck.
Anyway, we'll see if this further layoff hurts OR, against an Iowa team that had a fairly easy warm-up win.

Old 03-21-2021, 12:35 PM

Just watched Loyola of Chicago beat the #1 seed Illinois.

I have never seen so many upset wins in this tournament.
Abilene Christian beating Texas, Ohio beating Virginia, Oral Roberts beating Ohio St.....A tournament of upsets for sure.
All the PAC 12 team advance and the ACC, SEC and especially BIG10 lost teams.

Old 03-21-2021, 05:18 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,902,014 times
I heard some announcers relating the upsets to covid, as in everyone basically had to adjust to a new normal, something some can do better than others. I tend to agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington