Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 10:49 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,825,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheadabovewater View Post
Are these wind generators supposed to generate power?
According to the promoters, they will not only generate electricity, they will re-grow the clear cut forests, cure cancer, and put a chicken in every pot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 09:46 AM

3 posts, read 9,904 times
Just joined this site and found this. Moved here 1 year ago, building a home. I LOVE it here. Hope to read and hear more from Ocean Shores fans.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:45 PM

1 posts, read 3,592 times
After reading the above posts about Ocean Shores I have to wonder why I like living here so much. Could it be the ocean, bay, jetty areas, Damon State Park, Duck Lake or the 26 miles of interconnecting waterways? Living on one of the canals lets me wake up to see herons standing in the water or on a branch, otters playing on and under nearby docks, raccoons swimming across the water while deer stroll through my yard while the resident bald eagles fly overhead. True, things are not perfect in Ocean Shores, but for a nature lover it is a place hard to beat!

Old 03-31-2009, 09:42 AM

I agree.

There are not many places that I could stand out in my yard and have the deer come and eat apples out of my hand, while the eagles sit in the trees and watch.

The only thing that would make it better would be if the IGA had reasonable prices, and the tourists went elsewhere to dig their clams.

And all those ugly condos fell into the ocean.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:58 PM

113 posts, read 876,522 times
Ocean Shores, like much of the Washington coastline, is an acquired taste. Those that head there seeking the sunny beaches of California or the five star resorts of Hawaii will be immensely disappointed. Those that appreciate ruggedness, a somewhat remote location, and the beauty of a storm coming in off the Pacific Ocean will describe it as a little slice of heaven.

I'll include myself in the latter group.

Old 06-02-2012, 02:02 PM

2 posts, read 5,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Employment in Ocean Shores is limited to support for the residents such as the IGA Grocery, the hardware store, Anchor Bank, and similar businesses, development of the area such as real estate, construction, excavating, plumbing, etc, and tourist related jobs.

Most of the construction related businesses are small and family owned and when they do hire outside workers, the wages are lower than in other parts of the state.

Most of the tourist related jobs are in the several large hotels and they are low paid service jobs such as housekeeping and maintenance.

Unless you have an independent income such as a retirement pension, or an inside track on employment, Ocean Shores is not the place to live.

Westport has an active fishing fleet of both commercial and charter boats and related support such as repair and minor boatbuilding. There is also a small tourist section, as well as resident support jobs, but like Ocean Shores, unless you have an inside track on a job, or independent income, it's not where you would want to live.

Boy are you on the money there freddy... I own a property off of duck lake. in the area but is now a RV spot.. really nice, Water Sewer etc.. Not a place for the out of job person, no work, also the Ocean shores City council is corrupt in many ways.. to many to mention but If I knew then what I know now, would have picked a more city run friendly place.. They just last april tried to sneak in a ordinance to Ban RVs altogether. When we bought it was one of the selling points to buy lot to begin with.. Nice place to visit, but if your not retired and want a more comfortable and stable city government, Ocean shores is not for you. Good luck

Old 06-02-2012, 02:06 PM

2 posts, read 5,628 times
beware of City Council Cronies.. too many rules on rules and run questionable government practices.. Rv folks, you should wait to buy because they tried to sneak in a ordinance to ban RVs altogether even us that have been here for sometime now.. do your homework and make sure this is for you.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:23 PM

2 posts, read 5,416 times
Default ocean shores---is a toilet

Corrupt nasty silly little town ..... Go further down the coast

Old 07-09-2014, 06:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,291 times
Default deserted motel

We recently stayed in the RV park next to the marina. I have to say the marina is a fixer upper and the RV park is also a fixer upper. Having said that, the beach is amazing. The water appears to be cleaner than in Ocean Shores proper and the sound of the roaring tide is unbelievable. One question, what happened to that motel that is next to the marina?

Old 07-12-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddys nana View Post
...what happened to that motel that is next to the marina?
The same thing that happens all over Ocean Shores, but the southern end of the peninsula is especially vulnerable to Acretion, Erosion, Greed, and Stupidity.

That nice little beach at the marina campground didn't exist a couple of years ago. It is the product of erosion. It makes a lovely addition to the campground, but at the same time the campground itself is being eroded away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington