Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 09:21 AM

194 posts, read 565,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small and solar View Post
Dizzy- I can ask my Realtor up their, she has a shot of her and her partner holding a massive fish on their web site. Where in PHX are you?
That would be great. We are in the East Valley of Phoenix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 09:42 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,059,923 times
Northeast Washington, North Idaho and North West Montana are all very similar in geography, climate, flora and fauna except, Montana has a lot more wolves and some grizzly bears and a lot less rules. You can still have an open container of alcohol in a vehicle here as long as it's in the hand of a passenger ! We just recently got a state speed limit and you don't have to wear a helmet on a motorcycle. I had 40 acres just east of colville about about 37 years ago and saw a timber wolf on my property.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Northeast Washington, North Idaho and North West Montana are all very similar in geography, climate, flora and fauna except, Montana has a lot more wolves and some grizzly bears and a lot less rules. You can still have an open container of alcohol in a vehicle here as long as it's in the hand of a passenger ! We just recently got a state speed limit and you don't have to wear a helmet on a motorcycle. I had 40 acres just east of colville about about 37 years ago and saw a timber wolf on my property.
So I take it thats a vote for Montana!?!

I hear the winters in Montana are MUCH worse however, is that true?

Old 06-23-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzydog View Post
I hear the winters in Montana are MUCH worse however, is that true?
Sometimes yes and sometimes no. Here near the high-line you can have 30 below one week and 60 above the next during the winter. Right off the Rocky Mountain Front we get Chinooks (down-sloping warming air) that brings wonderful blue sky and heats things up to springtime temps while areas west of the divide are stuck in inversions, overcast and 15 or 20 degrees. It's a wild and wacky climate that is always dishing out surprises.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Sometimes yes and sometimes no. Here near the high-line you can have 30 below one week and 60 above the next during the winter. Right off the Rocky Mountain Front we get Chinooks (down-sloping warming air) that brings wonderful blue sky and heats things up to springtime temps while areas west of the divide are stuck in inversions, overcast and 15 or 20 degrees. It's a wild and wacky climate that is always dishing out surprises.
Where exactly are you at?

Old 06-23-2009, 04:02 PM

I'm in Conrad a little bit north of great falls and not all that far from David Letterman's ranch. This is an area in the Golden Triangle, (the most agriculturally productive part of Montana) We have small grain farming, oil wells, missile silos and Hutterite colonies.
Here are a few pics of places very close to us.
I don't want to turn this thread into a Montana picture thread but I will say that the photos above of the Colville Area could just have been taken in northern Idaho or North Western Montana. Our new area off the R.M.F. is another world in many ways.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:25 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,147,997 times
Default Colville beautiful little city..

All I can say is this.. I drove from Spokane to Colville on highway 395 to see my son play football at the High School last fall. It was a nice hour and a half drive through small country-like towns, very rural and quiet. As I approached the city at almost sunset, the view was breathtaking and the scenery along with the pink sky and clouds truly amazing... Very nice area.. I wish I could have spent more time there because I liked the atmosphere and the "feel" of Colville very much. Enjoy your retirement and may you be blessed...

Old 06-29-2009, 04:01 PM

77 posts, read 406,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzydog View Post
How is the Fishing in the Columbia River right around Kettle Falls? Anyone happen to know?
My Realtor up there says: " I think the fishing is good in the Columbia river. We just had the Governor's Walleye tournament this weekend. I am going to go out this weekend fishing. My favorite thing about fishing the Columbia is that the fish are big and a typical size is 16"+."

Old 10-17-2009, 09:15 PM

4 posts, read 13,305 times
Outback Annie,
Thanks for all the information and beautiful pics.
I really enjoyed them.
Kingoboo2

Old 11-02-2009, 05:04 PM

2 posts, read 5,421 times
Default possible move to Colville

i am interviewing for a position with a company that i might have to relocate to the Colville area. can anyone give me info on a good site for finding rentals and also what companies service the area the best. (cellular, internet, cable, electric, other utilities that might be needed)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington