Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 06:00 PM

268 posts, read 366,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
I don't know why it's so fascinating, but it would be amazing to step foot on that island and spend an hour or two there!
As I mentioned, the drive to Cape Flattery itself is interesting and there are places to pull over and take photos:

After around a 3/4 mile walk / hike on boardwalks like this:

you can see something for example like this:

Tatoosh island can be viewed without the walk / hike via a gravel road as well:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
There are no road signs on the beach.

The tides and the weather determine how and where to drive.

Those who don't understand that get stuck in the sand.

If you call the Ocean Shores police for help getting out, they will give you the phone number to the towing company.

The charge is around a hundred bucks.
I was referring to the "Don't drive past here" signs which I assume are still there.

Yes, I know someone who was once a tow truck driver in Ocean Shores,
and I have heard stories about his business.

Old 07-03-2014, 06:21 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
I was referring to the "Don't drive past here" signs which I assume are still there.
Those are still here, but they are not highway signs, they are environmental markers.

They prohibit driving on bird nesting areas on the beach during certain times of the year.

The only other signs I can think of on the beach are the Poop Clam warning signs near the Damon approach.

Old 07-03-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisplacesucks View Post
The OP is time-limited, did not wish to hike & wanted easy accessibility from his/her car.
The OP has been given good advice. Other readers might be interested in the`"best" place to see washington coast', which is at least why I am offering alternatives.

Also, the "no hiking" specification is somewhat vague. Ruby Beach is beautiful, but it does involve a short walk down to the beach, and then a somewhat steep walk back to the parking lot. It's not handicap accessible, but I wouldn't consider that a hike.

Now personally, I am fond of visiting Geoduck Beach as there are often such interesting forest and beach creatures around. But that does involve a hike, and it's not really on the Washington coast.

Old 07-21-2014, 01:34 PM

41 posts, read 140,414 times
Thanks everyone for your opinions! I am back now from my trip and stopped at several places along my way from Chehalis to Port Angeles, starting with Ocean Shores. It was fairly early when we got there-it was cloudy and cool, in the 50s. We also pulled into Kalaloch Campground and went onto the beach there. I was hoping all day to see a seal, and I did-a dead one. Despite the cloudiness, it was still a wonderful experience!
Attached Thumbnails
"best" place to see washington coast-img_1796_2.jpg   "best" place to see washington coast-img_1798_2.jpg   "best" place to see washington coast-img_4224_2.jpg   "best" place to see washington coast-img_4241_5.jpg   "best" place to see washington coast-img_4243_2.jpg  

"best" place to see washington coast-img_4248_2.jpg   "best" place to see washington coast-img_1806_2.jpg  

Old 07-21-2014, 05:35 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,529,245 times
Default Good pics, OP

Yay, thanks for writing back, it will help others who want to do this. Hope you had fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington