Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 06:45 PM

265 posts, read 723,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicBear View Post
Right. I've been considering Alaska to get away from you freakin' carpetbaggers who are ruining this area.
Dude I am not the one who doesn't have enough money to move with only my dog and my truck and is pinning my hopes on buying a trailer when I get there... anyway good luck to you.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:51 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,629 posts, read 81,333,263 times
I wonder about people who don't want others to move to their area. When people die or move away there need to be replacements, or there will be no business for the stores and restaurants and they will close up. Eventually there will no place for those complainers to shop, and their property values will go down. There should be some good planning by cities and counties, but a certain amount of growth is needed for any area to survive economically. If you don't want to be in a California-like suburban housing development, there are plenty of areas in Sequim/Port Angeles with minimum lot size restrictions, and older neighborhoods with
cool old houses.

I admit the newer homes on the western slopes as you come into Sequim (replacing the elk) do appear to have been pretty hastily thrown together in response to the recent popularity for retirees, but hopefully that won't continue and more thought will be given to future development.

I'll be up for Mother's Day weekend in May. Usually I go to some of the logging show but it seems to be a week later this year.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:58 PM

879 posts, read 1,733,911 times
You mention "property values will go down" as if it's a bad thing. If you understood economics, you would realize that the massive spike in property prices has been HORRIBLE for our area. Affordable housing, and a lower cost of doing business, is what will help us heal. Growth for the sake of growth is bad, not only for our area, but the entire country. We have a finite amount of natural resources, which are disappearing at an alarming rate. Just look at the mountains around you. It's sickening, absolutely sickening, what's happening.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Don't know where you dreamed up that nonsense, but you know nothing about my finances. I have a well-paying job that allows me to save a lot of money. You're a clueless troll. God help this state with people like you showing up.
you don't want people to know what you can or cannot afford don't post it and you are the one calling us... carpetbeggars was it?

Old 04-02-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslovettstailor View Post
you don't want people to know what you can or cannot afford don't post it and you are the one calling us... carpetbeggars was it?
Show me where I ever mentioned my net worth. I never did. I talked about staying in my travel trailer in Alaska while I found a place to live, but nowhere did I EVER share my finances. If you are so well read when it comes to my posts, you would have found that I am actually going to buy acreage and build a house. Last I checked, penniless people didn't do that. Alas, continue on with your lies and nonsense. You must love playing the fool.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Show me where I ever mentioned my net worth. I never did. I talked about staying in my travel trailer in Alaska while I found a place to live, but nowhere did I EVER share my finances. If you are so well read when it comes to my posts, you would have found that I am actually going to buy acreage and build a house. Last I checked, penniless people didn't do that. Alas, continue on with your lies and nonsense. You must love playing the fool.
I am not going to waste anymore of my time on your nonsense it has taken up too much as it is. but i know what i read and you know what you wrote either way its YOUR LIFE do what you want with it and I would NEVER discourage you from that, it would be nice to receive the same. I wish you good luck.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslovettstailor View Post
I am not going to waste anymore of my time on your nonsense it has taken up too much as it is. but i know what i read and you know what you wrote either way its YOUR LIFE do what you want with it and I would NEVER discourage you from that, it would be nice to receive the same. I wish you good luck.
I know exactly what I wrote, and it's on this forum for everyone to see. You lied, and put words in my mouth which I never used. Goodbye and good riddance.

Moderator interpose: Thread temporarily closed. Too much bickering between two members. OP, contact me if you have questions.

Last edited by scirocco22; 04-02-2011 at 11:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington