Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 12:16 AM

260 posts, read 926,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslovettstailor View Post
Yes it is! I watch the webcams out there I have to say most days I do see some sun there. Is is all day always? No, but there is alot of times when I look and I bring up the site several times a day.
No, I do have to be honest... it's not every day, but sometimes it's all day, usually in the spring, summer and early fall. In fact, September can be the nicest month of the year. And you can expect rain on 4th of July, it's become a local joke. But I like rain on that day, keeps the trees and yards wet in spite of the fireworks. We do have rain some of the days, even if it rains just in the morning or at night.

We have something called "sun breaks" which I just learned is a northwest term. I thought everyone said it.

I lived in Lynnwood for 20 years which is right in the middle of the convergence zone, which is where the wind currents go around the Olympics both north and south and meet up right over Lynnwood. Sequim is in the rainshadow of the Olympic Mountains which is one of the reasons why it gets less rain than other places in the state.

I personally don't care for the sun all that much. It hurts my eyes. But I didn't move to Sequim for the weather. We moved here because it's a small town, and because we like the views, and the peace and quiet. And most days it's because there is very little traffic.

Now it may not be the place for a lot of people, and that's fine. But I think everyone should have the right to decide if it's for them or not.

mrslovettstailor, I'm so glad that you've decided that Sequim or PA is the place for you. I love getting new neighbors.

Cindi

Old 03-27-2011, 10:47 AM

879 posts, read 1,732,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eponabri
We moved here because it's a small town, and because we like the views, and the peace and quiet. And most days it's because there is very little traffic...mrslovettstailor, I'm so glad that you've decided that Sequim or PA is the place for you. I love getting new neighbors.
This made me chuckle. All those new neighbors mean more traffic and more noise, which are antithetical to the reasons you moved to Sequim in the first place.

Last edited by NomadicBear; 03-27-2011 at 11:22 AM..

Old 03-27-2011, 01:43 PM

265 posts, read 722,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicBear View Post
This made me chuckle. All those new neighbors mean more traffic and more noise, which are antithetical to the reasons you moved to Sequim in the first place.
Seriously???

When we visited PNW we were struck by how nice people were, warm and welcoming and helpful. Especially when they found out we wanted to move there, they gave us information and suggestions and even standing invitations to dinner when we get located out there. I can only assume that those people just must not have internet because the only people I have found on this forum to be that way are Eponabri, Dendrite, and Bsjoe.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Seriously???

When we visited PNW we were struck by how nice people were, warm and welcoming and helpful. Especially when they found out we wanted to move there, they gave us information and suggestions and even standing invitations to dinner when we get located out there. I can only assume that those people just must not have internet because the only people I have found on this forum to be that way are Eponabri, Dendrite, and Bsjoe.
You may, then, be shocked to find that many of us natives are not so pleased with the massive population growth we have been experiencing. Growth is not so great, in many people's eyes.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:50 PM

Natives...hmm bet the guys down in La Push and Neah Bay thought the same thing

Old 03-29-2011, 12:36 AM

Angry Sequim and Port Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicBear View Post
I glad I made you "chuckle" and I realize that you are laughing at me. Have you fun.

But I came from Seattle, it's going to 30-50 years before traffic ever gets as bad as it is in Seattle.

I live in Diamond Point and have been here for 11 years. We have heard a fire truck only once in that entire time and that was for a parade.

This site was intended to be a place for people who want to move from one place to another, and to get valid information to help make their choice.

I don't understand why so many of you think it's just a time to make fun of people, criticize their choices, and all of the other negative comments.

You are wasting people's time and energy, and creating frustration and confusion.

Everyone already knows that there is no such place as Utopia. They just want learn about the places were YOU [[LIVE]] and what you like about them. If there is truly a concern, you can still deliver that in a positive way, can't you?

It's not necessary to list everything you hate about where you live, because that's just your opinion and it doesn't mean the entire world agrees with you.

And it's especially not necessary to do the above if you don't live in that town and even haven't been there!!

Let's try to be adults, okay? Yes, I know you will get a giggle out of that on too, so to make it less frustrating to me, I won't be answering the trolls of this forum. You do know what a troll is right? Some one who comments just to cause for others.

Oh, and by the way... it was sunny here all day. Again.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:43 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,553,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eponabri View Post
I glad I made you "chuckle" and I realize that you are laughing at me. Have you fun.

But I came from Seattle, it's going to 30-50 years before traffic ever gets as bad as it is in Seattle.

I live in Diamond Point and have been here for 11 years. We have heard a fire truck only once in that entire time and that was for a parade.

This site was intended to be a place for people who want to move from one place to another, and to get valid information to help make their choice.

I don't understand why so many of you think it's just a time to make fun of people, criticize their choices, and all of the other negative comments.

You are wasting people's time and energy, and creating frustration and confusion.

Everyone already knows that there is no such place as Utopia. They just want learn about the places were YOU [[LIVE]] and what you like about them. If there is truly a concern, you can still deliver that in a positive way, can't you?

It's not necessary to list everything you hate about where you live, because that's just your opinion and it doesn't mean the entire world agrees with you.

And it's especially not necessary to do the above if you don't live in that town and even haven't been there!!

Let's try to be adults, okay? Yes, I know you will get a giggle out of that on too, so to make it less frustrating to me, I won't be answering the trolls of this forum. You do know what a troll is right? Some one who comments just to cause for others.

Oh, and by the way... it was sunny here all day. Again.
I used to be offended by such posters, but now realize it's just the nature of anonymous forums. Discussing anything on an anonymous forum is much like discussing something in a room half full of drunks. Both drunks and anonymous posters have no inhibitions. Nothing stops them from writing the first wild thought that crosses their mind. And then you have no idea how credible the person is. I mean really, just think back to your real life. How many people have you encountered at work and other places that you wouldn't take advice on where to find a good cup of coffee from? Yeah, some of them people write posts.

Fortunately, they are not the majority though.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:22 PM

Its kind of funny though, the person who complained about the natives not being pleased with newcomers moving in post in another forum that they are moving to Alaska I wonder if the people up there feel the same way

Old 03-31-2011, 08:49 PM

Thank you for that reminder. I guess that's why these people are often called trolls.

Cindi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
I used to be offended by such posters, but now realize it's just the nature of anonymous forums. Discussing anything on an anonymous forum is much like discussing something in a room half full of drunks. Both drunks and anonymous posters have no inhibitions. Nothing stops them from writing the first wild thought that crosses their mind. And then you have no idea how credible the person is. I mean really, just think back to your real life. How many people have you encountered at work and other places that you wouldn't take advice on where to find a good cup of coffee from? Yeah, some of them people write posts.

Fortunately, they are not the majority though.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Its kind of funny though, the person who complained about the natives not being pleased with newcomers moving in post in another forum that they are moving to Alaska I wonder if the people up there feel the same way
Right. I've been considering Alaska to get away from you freakin' carpetbaggers who are ruining this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington