Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 10:58 AM

2,852 posts, read 6,482,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
Not that I know of. There is, of course, the Santa Clara Cemetery, near H and Vineyard. It has some pretty old graves at the east entrance, old ornate grave markers with dates into the 1800s.
That one sounds worth a visit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 12:36 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,333,368 times
I get my flowers there at Santa Clara Cemetary. No I don't steal them from the deceased. They have a florist on site and they sell the lowest price flowers in the area. $5 and my wife is happy. LOL. A couple years ago they completed a new chappel area. The place looks very well for as old as the cemetary is. Since I live near by I can tell you that the people that live there are very nice. Mostly quiet as far as I can tell.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Thank you, I really appreciate it
I drove by on Thursday (September 16th) It has been sometime since I was in that part of Oxnard. From what I saw it looked very safe. Several streets all kind of end at that point with Pleasant Valley Road the connecting point for the other roads. Pleasant Valley Road runs in a East West direction past the Cemetary. Oxnard College is near by at the point that Bard Road ends at Pleasant Valley. Just past that across the street from the entrance to Etting Road you will see Olds Road on the North Side of Pleasant Valley. In the area their is a 7-11 store just West of the Cemetary on Pleasant Valley. To the North of the Cemetary is a Mobil home park with mostly retired couples. Etting and Pleasant Valley create a triangle block as they both head in a easterly direction. At the first part of the triangle you will find the Japanese Cemetary. A little further down you will find the Masonic Cemetary. South of Etting road is a neighborhood of modest homes. I parked near the side of the road and walked around the Cemetary taking some pictures, that I will post tonight. They are from my phone so the quality is debateable. I can't post from work though.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:41 PM

C:\Documents and Settings\Ron\My Documents\My Pictures\Photo0387[1].JPG

Old 09-17-2010, 08:47 PM

Anyone know how to post pictures? I can't figure it out.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:50 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,734,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Anyone know how to post pictures? I can't figure it out.
You can attach them or you can upload them to a photo sharing website like photobucket and insert a link to the image.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:59 PM

Oxnard Masonic Cemetary
Attached Thumbnails
Ventura County Pics-photo0387-1-.jpg   Ventura County Pics-photo0388-1-.jpg   Ventura County Pics-photo0389-1-.jpg   Ventura County Pics-photo0390-1-.jpg   Ventura County Pics-photo0391-1-.jpg  

Ventura County Pics-photo0392-1-.jpg   Ventura County Pics-photo0393-1-.jpg  

Old 09-17-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
You can attach them or you can upload them to a photo sharing website like photobucket and insert a link to the image.
Thanks Charles.

Old 09-18-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I drove by on Thursday (September 16th) It has been sometime since I was in that part of Oxnard. From what I saw it looked very safe. Several streets all kind of end at that point with Pleasant Valley Road the connecting point for the other roads. Pleasant Valley Road runs in a East West direction past the Cemetary. Oxnard College is near by at the point that Bard Road ends at Pleasant Valley. Just past that across the street from the entrance to Etting Road you will see Olds Road on the North Side of Pleasant Valley. In the area their is a 7-11 store just West of the Cemetary on Pleasant Valley. To the North of the Cemetary is a Mobil home park with mostly retired couples. Etting and Pleasant Valley create a triangle block as they both head in a easterly direction. At the first part of the triangle you will find the Japanese Cemetary. A little further down you will find the Masonic Cemetary. South of Etting road is a neighborhood of modest homes. I parked near the side of the road and walked around the Cemetary taking some pictures, that I will post tonight. They are from my phone so the quality is debateable. I can't post from work though.
Fantastic! Thank you

Old 09-18-2010, 02:07 PM

Thank you for the photos. These give me a good idea of the quality of the lettering still existing. Can't wait to head out there with my nephew and photograph all the stones
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County