Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2023, 09:40 AM

27,219 posts, read 46,799,974 times

Advertisements

How many couples will make the finish line. Two down already.

How fair is it for Lauren to have sex after signing up for the show and within 2 months of going on the show?
I would ask the same if she was man. How serious are you about this process if you do that.

Lauren admitted to be bi-sexual but it seems the show didn’t disclose that to her new husband. He didn’t seem to be the type into bi-sexual sex or acceptable to that.

It seems the matches are not great and if this is the best that professionals can do, then the dating sides may be better in their percentage of positive results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2023, 10:27 AM

209 posts, read 150,346 times
I think the professionals really missed the mark on this one. My wife and I watch this show quite a bit, and we were very excited that it's in the Denver area like us this season. But oof, these couples are spiraling in a big way. My two cents on each:

Tired of anything with Lauren and Orion. You're done-zo, stop showing them.

We feel terribly for Emily; she's trying to make this work, but Brennan is a giant douche nozzle. We really enjoyed watching her friends call him out last night.

We feel kind of badly for Cameron, because we find Clare to be exhausting. We thought she would be one of our favorites early on, but we now refer to her as the Ice Queen. She is so cold and calculating about everything. The common response to the comment about his dad being on his death bed should have been "I'm so sorry to hear that" and providing some kind of comfort. Instead, she got pissy that he hadn't shared that with her yet, and even started crying about it in the After Party episode. Gee, I wonder why he hasn't been sharing as much, he must feel like he's being psycho-analyzed with everything he does or says.

Right now Austin and Becca are our only hopes for success. They seem to be good friends, but the seeming lack of physical chemistry might start to become an issue. She seems to be okay medically now, so what's the hold up?

Old 12-14-2023, 11:19 AM

3,305 posts, read 3,037,155 times
Austin sometimes has an odd, checked-out look on his face that would make me wary of him. It's like something switches on and off inside his brain.

Being from a matriarchal society, Orion was tired of having women tell him what to do. I don't think he was counting on getting someone as fierce and independent (not to mention experienced in the intimate sense) as Lauren. I think it intimidated him and he had to find a way to get out fast, even if it meant gaslighting her in such an obvious way as he did.

Old 12-14-2023, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZtoCO1 View Post
I think the professionals really missed the mark on this one. My wife and I watch this show quite a bit, and we were very excited that it's in the Denver area like us this season. But oof, these couples are spiraling in a big way. My two cents on each:

Tired of anything with Lauren and Orion. You're done-zo, stop showing them.

We feel terribly for Emily; she's trying to make this work, but Brennan is a giant douche nozzle. We really enjoyed watching her friends call him out last night.

We feel kind of badly for Cameron, because we find Clare to be exhausting. We thought she would be one of our favorites early on, but we now refer to her as the Ice Queen. She is so cold and calculating about everything. The common response to the comment about his dad being on his death bed should have been "I'm so sorry to hear that" and providing some kind of comfort. Instead, she got pissy that he hadn't shared that with her yet, and even started crying about it in the After Party episode. Gee, I wonder why he hasn't been sharing as much, he must feel like he's being psycho-analyzed with everything he does or says.

Right now Austin and Becca are our only hopes for success. They seem to be good friends, but the seeming lack of physical chemistry might start to become an issue. She seems to be okay medically now, so what's the hold up?
Couldn’t agree more with everything you’ve said.

Old 12-17-2023, 01:05 AM

3,258 posts, read 2,347,307 times
I'm betting none of these couples will last.

Orion is insufferable. I hope we never have to see, or worse, hear him again.

Old 12-24-2023, 05:26 AM

50,398 posts, read 64,106,567 times
I’m watching the Houston one now. I confess that I make it about halfway through the series when I get bored and look up the outcome online.

Bottom line of this series is, whoever picks the couples, is totally incompetent.

Old 12-24-2023, 08:46 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,421,397 times
What is MAFS -guessing: my absolute favorite show?

Old 12-24-2023, 10:23 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,608,399 times
Yiksies! Just took a look at the cast and backgrounds. Looking forward to when this makes it to Netflix. I’ve had fun watching the few seasons already on Netflix.

Miss Hepburn, MAFS is the acronym for the show’s title - Married at First Sight.
Posting Guide

Old 12-24-2023, 11:19 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,421,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Miss Hepburn, MAFS is the acronym for the show’s title - Married at First Sight.
Oh like saying SIT or GWTW or BG...ok, thank you.

Old 12-24-2023, 01:12 PM

What is mind boggling to me is that these couples want to give up so fast. Within 3 weeks they talk to each other like they have tried for years.

The concept of this show is sight unseen and to get to know each other but it seems their ego’s are too big for this experiment.

Remember the couple on the first show. She didn’t dare to look at him for days, weeks and now they have kids as they discovered that they had so much in common.

But, having said that I feel the so called pros have not checked on political, religious and other things like cultural backgrounds.

That is a huge mistake and in my opinion they play with these peoples chances of being married one time in their life.

Why they try to force the respectful guy to say she is not his type at all and to have him marry a girl that never had one relationship per her own statement and is clearly not his type when he discusses how she like to drink to no end and go out all the time. He was ready for a serious relationship.

Clare is too high on her horse and has little to no respect for him and also isn’t ready for a relationship even though she thinks she is. It has to be her way or the highway.

Mainly the women disappoint me.

Orion, is different and kind of a strange guy but to match him with a bi-sexual woman who had sex 2 months before after she already signed up for the show is somewhat understandable for me how he reacted.

Unless you have someone with the same mindset that is ok, but clearly Orion is not that guy. Weird or not the matchmakers are getting it more wrong each season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV