Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2022, 01:04 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,180,238 times

Advertisements

is season 2 coming? Ep 11 seemed so different from 1-10.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2023, 03:11 PM

7,275 posts, read 7,154,720 times
There is going to be a season two. Who knows when with the strike and all...

Episode six in my favorite. I keep rewatching that one. Both stories, Death and Hob, have great dialogue with Dream.

Old 09-11-2023, 08:53 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,180,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
There is going to be a season two. Who knows when with the strike and all...

Episode six in my favorite. I keep rewatching that one. Both stories, Death and Hob, have great dialogue with Dream.

Can't wait for season 2!!

Old 09-11-2023, 09:52 AM

3,002 posts, read 1,775,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I'm liking the episodes, but it's obvious as can be that the Netflix's LGBTQIA+ unit has a heavy influence. At least 3/4 of the supporting human characters are gay. Even the female waitress Bette, who started out being heterosexual, ends up becoming a lesbian. It's gotten to the point where it's absurd now. It detracts from immersion into the show. "Oh, so she's a lesbian now too?"

There did not seem to be any benefit to the story by making Roderick’s son, Alex Burgess and the grounds keeper, both gay lovers. In fact, so far as I have seen, there is no story arc or plot point that needed to moved forward, by making the majority of supporting actors gay. I don't remember the Sandman comics doing this. Add to this, mostly all of the male characters who aren't gay seem to be selfish, and unnecessarily cruel and abusive characters.

For a split second I tried to reason this out, with the possibility that maybe Netflix was inserting so many gay and lesbian and abusive male characters, was to try and explain away, why Dream had such a low opinion of humans. But then I realized that was silly. Netflix's diversity and inclusion department would not have viewed their plethora of gay characters as contributing to Dream's low opinion of humans, it would have improved it. Inserting such a ridiculous number of gay characters serves no other purpose than Netflix just inserting gay characters whenever and wherever they can.
Thank you for saving me the time sink of this program. I won't be watching.

Old 12-15-2023, 12:54 PM

3,659 posts, read 3,466,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
is season 2 coming? Ep 11 seemed so different from 1-10.
As I understand things, there is going to be a Season 2. When, though, is still uncertain; because the strike delayed everything.

I've read the books more than once, and I quite enjoyed Season 1, which I found to be pretty faithful to the books.

Episode 11 is different because the corresponding stories in the books are different. Every now and then, Gaiman would run three or four self-contained short stories that at first, seemed to have little to do with the main plot. But like a Twilight Zone episode, there would be a "gotcha!" near the end that would provide more insight into Dream's character. For example, in "Dream of a Thousand Cats," we learn that he doesn't only deal with the dreams of humans; he deals with the dreams of animals too. And the whole point of "Calliope" is to show that while Dream can be very cold and emotionless at times, he is also capable of emotion--he loved Calliope enough that he married her, and they had a child. (Actually, according to the books, he was married a few times, took lovers, etc.) To me, these short stories served to more fully flesh out Dream's character, which (I found) was necessary to understand the events that come later.

As for those who feel that Netflix is pushing some sort of LGBT agenda; well, Netflix is not to blame for that. That's all Gaiman; those characters and events come straight from the books. Maybe one or two slight variations, but only slight variations. Alex Burgess was gay in the books, there were some strange goings-on in the diner (actually, the TV diner show wasn't nearly as violent and sexual as the diner story in the books, believe it or not), and Hal, who runs the boarding house, really is a drag performer.

I don't know what Season 2 will cover, but if it follows the pattern of Season 1, it will deal with the next 20 or so individual comic books. And if you don't like the LGBT stuff so far, you'll hate the latter part of Season 2, which will likely be a storyline starring a couple of lesbians and a wannabe transsexual (collected as A Game of You).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV