Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 04:14 PM

24 posts, read 17,343 times

Advertisements

I guess what she did to William Lewis. The poster explains the whole situation, but in the end she beat the living daylights out of him that it ruined his eye sight a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2019, 05:03 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,093,496 times
Oh okay, I didn't see that episode. But she wasn't even indicted cause the charges were dropped. Why not have her indicted and that would be the last episode cause she would be found guilty and fired and incarcerated... or maybe the last episode could be something else completely but the writers are afraid of providing any sort of irreversible consequences for the characters, and when they introduce one, they want to introduce a saved by the bell solution to the whole thing, such as her being saved in the nick of time before being raped, or her having charges against her and then someone convinces them to drop them, etc.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:33 PM

24 posts, read 17,343 times
Ugh, Philip Winchester is leaving the show at the end of the season. What a freaking shame. Can these people NOT keep a cast secured for two years? My goodness. And the guy was only on for a full year, why the heck does he want to leave so soon anyway? They better convince him to stay. He's been a good asset to the show. Perhaps he can alternate next season like they did with Cabot and Novak in Season 13. Speaking of Novak, they need to bring her back right now.

Old 04-09-2019, 10:28 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,746,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
SVU is Benson AND Stabler.

Never really enjoyed it without both of them.
Me either. I tapped out when Stabler's character left the show. The few times I watched it after that I didn't enjoy it. For a long time, SVU and L&O side by side were powerhouses of crime drama entertainment. I still watch L&O re-runs but not SVU re-runs. I just grew tired of the show. Don't even get me started on Criminal Intent.

Old 04-09-2019, 10:30 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,746,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonteHuntley View Post
Meh, this is good but I wouldn't count my blessings on this actually going through yet. Law & Order was renewed for a 21st season and given Dick Wolf's cheap ass to take a paycut to help keep the show financially stable, it was unexpectedly cancelled out of the blue. The same thing could very well happen to SVU and given how the Chicago franchise pretty much replaced the L&O franchise as Wolf's TV market, SVU should be a bleak mist in Wolf's eyes now. He wouldn't care to see this show collapse too.

NBC is at fault too with L&O's cancellation. Rather than go through with that forgettable and USELESS Los Angeles spinoff, they should have just nixed that and kept L&O going. It's like they desperately needed an LA adaption of the show like why? The L&O franchise was unique because each spinoff was DIFFERENT. It wasn't just a rehash of the original set in a different city like you get with NCIS and CSI. You sacrifice one of your long running successful dramas for some carbon copy imitation that ended up getting canned in a year after a major retooling and then episodes being out of order? The show was a mess from jump.

The original show should have been brought back that following 2011-12 season but nope. Then with all of these revivals going on, you'd think they'd bring back the show but NOPE. Instead, we get True Crime, which was a waste and now a new spinoff is in development called Hate Crimes? How about a Law & Order revival? Enough with these lame ass spinoffs that apparently has run itself dry and unsuccessful since Trial By Jury. -_-
The writer's strike was what ultimately killed L&O.

Old 04-09-2019, 11:23 PM

33,375 posts, read 12,681,850 times
Quote:
And what is the point here about the age gap? If you're trying to make a point off Mariska's character being the MOTHER to Noah when Brook's character (who is likely younger than Olivia) being the GRANDMOTHER, then you have to realize Olivia adopted Noah well past her motherly prime.
I don't know why it cracked me up, but I know that it is NOT because I have anything against 'older/older than average/however one wants to refer to it' mothers who have their lives together/have their 'ducks in a row' (like Olivia) adopting kids, either as part of a couple or on their own. There are successful examples both in my own family and within my social circle .

Old 04-09-2019, 11:35 PM

33,375 posts, read 12,681,850 times
Quote:
I guess what she did to William Lewis. The poster explains the whole situation, but in the end she beat the living daylights out of him that it ruined his eye sight a bit.
Yes, that was what I was referring to.

Lewis set his suicide up to make it look as though Olivia killed him instead...with the situation not calling for shooting and trying to set up revenge/animus as the motive. Donal Logue's character (the acting head of the unit) deflects trouble for Olivia with his testimony before the grand jury telling, as he put it later to Olivia, the 'larger truth'.

Old 04-10-2019, 06:45 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,138,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
SVU is Benson AND Stabler.

Never really enjoyed it without both of them.
I agree. Benson is not that great of a character by herself. Also, they turned her into superwoman cop.

I hope they end this series.

Maybe they can do a Law and Order: Miami. A young fresh cast in Miami. Drugs, violence, etc.

Old 04-10-2019, 08:39 AM

36,753 posts, read 14,893,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Oh okay, I didn't see that episode. But she wasn't even indicted cause the charges were dropped. Why not have her indicted and that would be the last episode cause she would be found guilty and fired and incarcerated... or maybe the last episode could be something else completely but the writers are afraid of providing any sort of irreversible consequences for the characters, and when they introduce one, they want to introduce a saved by the bell solution to the whole thing, such as her being saved in the nick of time before being raped, or her having charges against her and then someone convinces them to drop them, etc.

I would've loved to see her indicted, then off the show permanently lol--she's the most flawed, unprofessional character on that show. Aside from beating the crap out of Lewis, then lying about it AFTER she snapped out of what could have been a credible case of temporary insanity, surely they can find someone else to sit in court to shake her head, roll her eyes, and express indignation during court testimony.

In addition, when severely stressed, she looks like she's channeling a terrified Shelley Duvall holding that knife in The Shining.

I couldn't care less about Olivia Benson's character. This show still has a great cast without her. And as long as Ice T is there, I'm in!

Old 04-24-2019, 01:56 AM

270 posts, read 111,413 times
Show’s garbage. They never should have gotten rid of Christopher Meloni. And if they were going to get rid of Christopher Meloni, they never should have gotten rid of Dann Florek and Richard Belzer. Liv is just some SJW kook now. SVU is a horrible SJW show that is overly politically charged. When they went to a ripped from the headlines model it all went downhill from there. They need to go back to the way it was in the first few seasons where they investigated violent rapes, pedophilia, rape homicide, and sex trafficking and stop using their platform to make digs against President Trump, Millie Weaver, and other people in the news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV