Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2021, 05:30 AM

16,162 posts, read 7,134,658 times

Advertisements

Start up. I am on the 3 rd season. It is quite amazing and great acting. Dacey’s character and storyline is so relentlessly depressing i have to speed up those scenes. He does not get a break.
Binging is a bad because it gets too repetitive but i can’t help myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2021, 08:26 AM

2,417 posts, read 1,601,877 times
Predestination - Time travelling law enforcement agent looking to catch an arsonist that has eluded him for years and a woman born with both sets of sex organs who eventually becomes a man as a result of a surgery she was not asked about before it happened, and who, as a man travels back to the sixties to meet her former self, and possibly father her won child.

Confused? me too I am only half way through and will probably finish and watch again. Fascinating story with superb acting from Sarah Snook

Old 06-10-2021, 08:42 AM

5,118 posts, read 3,444,377 times
The French series Call My Agent. We're enjoying it.

Old 06-11-2021, 03:56 PM

19,468 posts, read 15,326,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
2nd season of Dirty John - the Betty Broderick story. For the most part, it was very engaging, but Amanda Peet was miscast in this role. Her acting is fine, she just doesn't capture the essence of Betty. Christian Slater's acting was a bit wooden in this, but overall it was a good watch.
I had seen the previews for this, and then read your post, so I was expecting the whole series to be about the Betty Broderick story. I couldn't figure out what was going on. Where is Betty? Who is this woman?
Spoiler
Is this the "other woman"?
We were at least a couple of episodes in before I realized there were two different storylines. Der.

Old 06-11-2021, 04:00 PM

29,535 posts, read 22,805,676 times
Starting watching the documentary on the Chris Watts murders and stopped about a quarter of the way in, just got bored since I've seen all that stuff before and not interested in the dramatic filler. The YouTube channel JCS criminal psychology has a series of videos all on police interviews of Chris Watts and how they meticulously tore Chris down and all his pathetic lies, way more fascinating than this documentary.

Just started The Vanishing.

Old 06-11-2021, 11:36 PM

5,592 posts, read 8,434,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I had seen the previews for this, and then read your post, so I was expecting the whole series to be about the Betty Broderick story. I couldn't figure out what was going on. Where is Betty? Who is this woman?
Spoiler
Is this the "other woman"?
We were at least a couple of episodes in before I realized there were two different storylines. Der.
I don't understand why they titled this "Dirty John" when it has nothing to do with Dirty John. I've seen Betty Broderick on numerous Datelines and such, I don't remember her looking anything like Amanda Peet.

So I stopped watching it. Couldn't get into the Kominsky Method either -- the prostate jokes were too much. To me, it's just a male Grace & Frankie. I watched Selena -- just OK. Halston, Studio 54, meh. Watched a sweet tear-jerker movie called Two Hearts that was based on a true story and was pretty good.

Wish Dead to Me would come back soon.

Old 06-12-2021, 06:39 AM

9,931 posts, read 7,293,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I don't understand why they titled this "Dirty John" when it has nothing to do with Dirty John. I've seen Betty Broderick on numerous Datelines and such, I don't remember her looking anything like Amanda Peet.

So I stopped watching it. Couldn't get into the Kominsky Method either -- the prostate jokes were too much. To me, it's just a male Grace & Frankie. I watched Selena -- just OK. Halston, Studio 54, meh. Watched a sweet tear-jerker movie called Two Hearts that was based on a true story and was pretty good.

Wish Dead to Me would come back soon.
Dirty John is now an anthology series using the premise of love gone wrong. The success of American Horror Story and Fargo and their format of a new, unrelated story every year is probably the inspiration for Dirty John to continue.

Old 06-12-2021, 08:16 AM

1,462 posts, read 981,029 times
I watched season 1 and 2 of Ragnarok. I enjoyed it, while sometimes predictable, it was entertaining to watch.

Old 06-13-2021, 06:16 PM

2,417 posts, read 1,601,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teqp View Post
I watched season 1 and 2 of Ragnarok. I enjoyed it, while sometimes predictable, it was entertaining to watch.
They are making a third

Old 06-13-2021, 10:52 PM

25,589 posts, read 56,597,334 times
The quintessential Betty Broderick was done by Meredith Baxter in two made for TV movies - A Woman Scorned and Her Final Fury - both are on Netflix now - one just as good as the other.

The real Dirty John was a ne'er-do-well con man who bilked rich women. I thought the first - and presumably - last season of Dirty John was great - very engrossing. He was, indeed, a scoundrel.

Dan Broderick was a successful attorney who took up with his secretary. Betty had a fit and killed them both.

They aren't remotely the same stories. Misleading marketing by Netflix, imo. If they must do a cover of the original Betty Broderick story, let the new series stand on its own - and not piggyback on a totally unrelated and dissimilar, albeit popular, series.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 06-13-2021 at 11:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV