Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2023, 10:40 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
You're probably white so it wouldn't happen to you.
Tell that to this kid, apparently:

https://www.unilad.com/news/boys-ban...chool-district
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2023, 06:33 PM

3,141 posts, read 2,044,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
That's rough and unfair. Honestly, I'd love to see a bill banning schools from litigating anything about hair, except as needed for safety (e.g. students working around machinery that could cause longer hairstyles to get caught up).

Schools should not be involved in students hairstyle choices, period.

Old 05-20-2023, 10:42 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,647,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
You're probably white so it wouldn't happen to you.
Thanks for being "biased" or "racist" and having no idea what my opinions are. This is why nobody can take any of this crap seriously...cause they keep adding victims to every situation.

I'm all for just treating people as people and going from there, but I guess you judged me cause hey I'm the white guy who is racist.

Old 05-21-2023, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
That's rough and unfair. Honestly, I'd love to see a bill banning schools from litigating anything about hair, except as needed for safety (e.g. students working around machinery that could cause longer hairstyles to get caught up).

Schools should not be involved in students hairstyle choices, period.
I agree.

Old 05-21-2023, 02:03 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,770,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
Thanks for being "biased" or "racist" and having no idea what my opinions are. This is why nobody can take any of this crap seriously...cause they keep adding victims to every situation.

I'm all for just treating people as people and going from there, but I guess you judged me cause hey I'm the white guy who is racist.
^^^^^

This

It's in everything and all of the time anymore. Might as well shrug and let it roll off - it's not going away - they get too much delight in playing the race card.

Old 05-21-2023, 06:52 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,647,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
^^^^^

This

It's in everything and all of the time anymore. Might as well shrug and let it roll off - it's not going away - they get too much delight in playing the race card.
Yea, I probably bought into it and responded. It is simple, don't have a discussion, just call someone a racist.

Old 05-22-2023, 04:33 AM

18,126 posts, read 25,269,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post

This is the typical attack reply from many people when somebody states the facts

The reason for this bill is not the style or length of hair
Black kids have been told for years to cut their hair because it’s curly
Even though white kids go around with hair that is much longer.

I went to high school in a town that was 99% white and nothing like this ever happened there.

Old 05-22-2023, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I went to high school in a town that was 99% white and nothing like this ever happened there.
I went to a high school that was 55 percent black and nothing like this ever happened there to my knowledge either.

Old 05-22-2023, 06:54 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,262,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
I was forced to cut my hair back in High School in 1997...twice. Boys were not allowed to have hair down to their shoulders.

Not sure if this new law would have protected me then, my hair wasn't for religious or racial purposes, I just thought it rocked.

We also weren't allowed to have any facial hair EXCEPT for a mustache.
This became an issue in Texas & received Nationwide coverage over the Barber Hill Independent School District suspended 36 students on the 1st day of school for violating the School dress code. Boys were not allowed to have hair past their ear lobes. The policy had been in place for years — my white Grandson would have also been suspended as his hair is a good 18 inches. My granddaughters would been suspended for pink & purple hair.

It had nothing to do with discrimination, it was about control. The Crown Act is a welcomed Law and if it took cries of Discrimination to pass it - that’s the world we live in now.

Old 05-22-2023, 07:34 AM

4,433 posts, read 5,344,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
It always has to be about about race today.

Frankly, at work most of our problem employees do not have natural hair styles white, black, Hispanic, etc.. it is the people with blue and purple hair.

FYI - Schools are out of control. I had to shave with a random one blade razor and cut my face on graduation day in 2006 because they said I had facial hair. (35 now and still cannot grow a beard so I have no idea WTH they were talking about)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: