Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2023, 04:08 PM

134 posts, read 139,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Watch a couple episodes of Yellowstone and you'll figure it out.
yep and my family that lives in MT are sick of the transplants not just from TX but everwhere, yellowstone is not a documentaryand does not represent actually livinging/driving in MT. winters, dealing with bears/wildlife/etc my brother inlaw is adeputy and deals with a lot of transplants that have gotten themselves in trouble with the environment or animalsthe way texans feel about Californians the people of Montana feel the same about the trasnsplants they are getting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2023, 02:14 AM

34 posts, read 22,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Texans trashed Colorado last century.
On to greater (and few) remaining places.

It's very Texan. And very common to current generation.

Rape pillage, destroy... Move on.
Centuries of history will repeat, while opportunities to exploit still exist.

One only needs to look around Europe or Asia (and South America and Africa) to see the history and where we're headed.

Many previously plush and rich environments are barren and eroded land. (And PRIVATE, if Texas has anything to do with it).
Cali transplants trashed Colorado. I have a kid there in college and I can tell you without a doubt that Colorado has been destroyed by CA west coast transplants, NOT Texans. Boulder, where my son lives is ridiculously “white, elite, west coast + east coast 1%ers, Hampton residents, the I’m “so so” progressive but I’m essentially supported financially by my robber-baron father, just watch my tik-tok…”. Texans may have moved there but they are huddled down on their ranches no where near Denver or Boulder just hoping their MRE’s will hold out long enough to when we try and rebuild our nation. I have family in west CO with ranches, provisions, gold, and of course the means to protect themselves and their family

Old 02-28-2023, 07:58 AM

573 posts, read 335,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submom85 View Post
Cali transplants trashed Colorado. I have a kid there in college and I can tell you without a doubt that Colorado has been destroyed by CA west coast transplants, NOT Texans. Boulder, where my son lives is ridiculously “white, elite, west coast + east coast 1%ers, Hampton residents, the I’m “so so” progressive but I’m essentially supported financially by my robber-baron father, just watch my tik-tok…”. Texans may have moved there but they are huddled down on their ranches no where near Denver or Boulder just hoping their MRE’s will hold out long enough to when we try and rebuild our nation. I have family in west CO with ranches, provisions, gold, and of course the means to protect themselves and their family
Those crazy Texans!!

Old 02-28-2023, 08:04 AM

1,658 posts, read 1,241,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyLebeau View Post
yep and my family that lives in MT are sick of the transplants not just from TX but everwhere, yellowstone is not a documentaryand does not represent actually livinging/driving in MT. winters, dealing with bears/wildlife/etc my brother inlaw is adeputy and deals with a lot of transplants that have gotten themselves in trouble with the environment or animalsthe way texans feel about Californians the people of Montana feel the same about the trasnsplants they are getting
I’ll let you in on a little secret.

Those transplants are not seeking your approval.

Old 02-28-2023, 09:06 AM

537 posts, read 443,957 times
We used to offer Texans job promotions in MegaCorp, and we had a 100% turndown rate if the job was outside Texas.

Only reason I would think a Texan would leave would be because he's sick of sky high property taxes.

My best friend lived in North Dallas, and he sold his house when the property taxes hit $50K. Moved into a luxury apartment.

Old 02-28-2023, 10:15 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,700 posts, read 58,012,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJunior View Post
We used to offer Texans job promotions in MegaCorp, and we had a 100% turndown rate if the job was outside Texas.

Our fortune 50 bought out a TX high tech, and had to offer significant bonuses to get anyone to move to TX. Then the hurricane Harvey arrived..

No thanks, I'll stick with a place to live with No Air-conditioning needed in car or home or workplace. Simple. Spending August picking fresh berries and pulling salmon and steelhead out of the river, rather than sheltering and sweltering.

Glad everyone has different desires, helps hold down the crowds.

Old 02-28-2023, 10:36 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,700 posts, read 58,012,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submom85 View Post
Cali transplants trashed Colorado....
Depends how you used and viewed Colorado. We were ranchers, so accessible countryside and forest service lands was important to us. We went to Denver / Boulder / CoS maybe 2x / yr (if we had to). Texans overwhelmed the rural areas, and made it just like Texas (fenced and private). CA people brought metro and urban sprawl to CO, ID, MT, OR, WA, AZ, NV, UT. Miles and miles of rooftops, pavement, and privacy fenced 6,000sf building lots. Then... Massive population changes = dramatic change in politics.

Old 03-25-2023, 01:09 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,453,412 times
Not a Texan, but I lived there for a while and my husband and his mother are born and raised. I moved up north because thats where I wanted to live since I was 15 anyway. My husband followed suit and last year his mother did as well. She grew up in Texas, lived in Colorado, and then came back to Texas... but the Texas she came back to was not the one she grew up in. The abortion ban was her final straw.

Many Texans that I know back there, are fed up with how far right the state has gone. And I'm not talking about hippie dippy liberal folks, I mean just politically moderate folks or moderate liberal at most. Politics isn't the sole reason people move, and not everyone leaving to go north or wherever is doing so because of politics, but its one of many factors. Especially when said politics legislate what you can do with your body.

I grew up in Florida. I don't even recognise the state anymore. It has become so close minded.

Old 03-26-2023, 11:31 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,212,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Texan here, how many of these movers are building second homes and condos vs. moving out? FE my brother and I are building a place in Whitefish with no intentions of moving per se.

There is a long history of West Texas ranchers and oil types buying land in Montana and Colorado in particular.
We considered buying a vacation home in a vacation home development but decided not to because getting there was a big pain in the neck. Now that our kids are older and one is going to college in a few years we're considering buying a flat in London instead.

Old 03-27-2023, 10:54 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,707,766 times
Probably for a more laid back lifestyle with better nature. Texas is probably one of the worst states for nature and outdoor activities. I know a lot of people that have left for Colorado.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas