Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2022, 08:59 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
So you are blaming the developers? Why not blame the farmers who sell the land?
I dont think I said anything about blame. I was expressing an observation.
From what I have seen as far as farms, when the older generation dies the kids or grands who inherit the property sell it. Of course most often it is bought by developers because they can make a fat stack. Not too many private families can afford large tracts nor want to farm. What I have also seen is shady developers who buy up property in undeveloped rural areas, build an office or club house a couple model homes make promises to buyers who often buy sight unseen. Much of this property is in BFE where there is no city water, sewer, fire department, little police presence, few roads, many of the lots wont perk, etc. There are reasons these areas were not developed.
I'm not blaming anyone for anything. It is what it is.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee