Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2023, 12:20 PM

7,541 posts, read 17,246,239 times

Advertisements

My folks tell me the Pal's in the Greeneville Commons is closing in lieu of a newly developed drive-through location elsewhere in town. This will be the second drive-through location in Greeneville.

Sadly, the Greeneville Commons location is hugely sentimental as it's one of only two dine-in locations (as far as I know) and it has a very cool 90s-style huge menu board and other signs and decor.

Old 02-08-2023, 03:11 PM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times
I'd be willing to drive to Nashville just to try In-N-Out. Gotta wait til 2026 though!

Old 02-08-2023, 03:13 PM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y8tiger View Post
Got me thinking about how Jack's has recently begun to cross over from AL into both TN and N GA.
Jack's is very good. It used to be a North Alabama thing (it started in Birmingham), but they've expanded pretty aggressively over the past few years; even going outside Alabama, as you said.

Another Alabama chain I'd like to see come down here to South Alabama is Milo's.

Old 02-12-2023, 11:56 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,883,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinestx View Post
I think Nashville is the only city in the South that has White Castle too.

They're all over Kentucky (I ate at one in Lexington), and there's one in Orlando.

Old 02-16-2023, 04:59 PM

11,510 posts, read 6,021,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I'd be willing to drive to Nashville just to try In-N-Out. Gotta wait til 2026 though!
It is really not worth the gas money. In-n-Out is good for it's price. You can find way better burgers than In-n-Out. Now add up how many of those great local burgers you could eat for the cost of a tank of gas.

In-in-Out is good "for what it is" for MacDonald's price. It is not "road trip good".

If you ever find yourself in Nashville before 2026, you don't have to wait to try In-n-Out. Just try the double patty cheese burger at Gabby's Burgers. It tastes just like In-n-Out. IMHO, he copied it.

Old 02-18-2023, 08:37 AM

537 posts, read 446,943 times
The daughter of the IN-N-OUT's owner is now running the show. She went on vacation to the Smokey Mountains. And she visited Nashville and fell in love with Franklin and Williamson County. Nashville's central location and a great quality of life is why she picked Nashville/Franklin as the place to put their Eastern U.S. headquarters.

Tennessee is also a very business friendly place to be.

Whataburger is in the process of branching out of Texas--again. I ate in their brand new Madison, Alabama location last month. It took 5 minutes to order and another 15 minutes to receive my food. The burger was essentially tasteless except that the lettuce was soaked in mustard. And I've never seen such cheap, poor quality french fries--averaging 1" long. I won't return.

Old 02-18-2023, 08:43 AM

537 posts, read 446,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Jack's is very good. It used to be a North Alabama thing (it started in Birmingham), but they've expanded pretty aggressively over the past few years; even going outside Alabama, as you said.

Another Alabama chain I'd like to see come down here to South Alabama is Milo's.
Jacks continues to expand their "Taste of the South" hamburger/fried chicken restauarants out of their original Alabama market area. They seem to be doing very well.

Jacks has a more expanded menu, and their fried chicken is up there with Popeyes in quality. I eat there most of the time when going for fast foods. They use crinkle cut fries of the highest quality.

My uncle was a CPA in Birmingham, and Jack's was his client when they went into business in the mid 60's.

Old 02-21-2023, 09:30 AM

11,510 posts, read 6,021,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y8tiger View Post
I missed In-n-Out's Double Double Animal Style with Fries Well Done until my work sent me on a trip to SOCAL a couple years ago. I excitedly went straight to the nearest In-n-Out only to discover it had been better in my memory than in reality. So disappointing.

Culver's, Jack's, and Whataburger are so much better.

I just tried Culver's, on your recommendation. Delicious. Very unique, sweet flavor.

Better than In-n-Out? No. A Deluxe tastes very different than a Double-Double animal style but both delicious IMHO and good value. I would call it a push.

I need to try Pal's, Jacks, and Whataburger.

Mooyah Burger is still my favorite in Knoxville but it is $3 more expensive for a meal, so not a direct competitor. There are only 3 stores - Knoxville, Nashville, Franklin. Covid killed their expansion plans.

Old 02-27-2023, 01:09 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,511,189 times
ok, this thread is veering off topic of In N out Burger coming to TN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee