Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 01:17 PM

3,979 posts, read 2,577,272 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I am new to CD; I joined just over a month ago. I moved to Johnson City May, 2009. Since Grad school did not go well, I am not sure what I am going to do next. I guess it is one of the great mysteries!

It is 80 degrees and sunny here. Love the warm weather!

Thanks for starting this chat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 04:16 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,352,538 times
Hello and welcome Wild Flower!!!
Tn. is a great place to call home, isn't it?
I'm loving the breezes today, windows all open.....(sorry KUB!)
Pam

Old 04-11-2011, 10:42 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,323,340 times
Haven't turned on the A/C yet, this year. Electric, water, sewer is pretty low this past month. I'd like another one like that.

Got some wild and wonderful news today. The state of TN is taking our shop as a right-of-way. Sure makes sense now, considering after we rented the building they buried us under a new road, put our driveway RIGHT AT the intersection and on a side-street, made it next to impossible for customers to get to us and we've been struggling ever since.

Now I have to do some investigative reporting and find out who knew what and when before I start leaning.

Generally, it's good news. It gives me moves when I thought the music had stopped.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
Hello and welcome Wild Flower!!!
Tn. is a great place to call home, isn't it?
I'm loving the breezes today, windows all open.....(sorry KUB!)
Pam
I do like TN but not sure if it is home. I am very confused where I want to be. I lived in WI for 17 years. There is so much I miss- but I have no family there, so why would I go back? Plus, I have no way to go anywhere right now. I guess time will tell! In the meantime, I do like TN more and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Haven't turned on the A/C yet, this year. Electric, water, sewer is pretty low this past month. I'd like another one like that.

Got some wild and wonderful news today. The state of TN is taking our shop as a right-of-way. Sure makes sense now, considering after we rented the building they buried us under a new road, put our driveway RIGHT AT the intersection and on a side-street, made it next to impossible for customers to get to us and we've been struggling ever since.

Now I have to do some investigative reporting and find out who knew what and when before I start leaning.

Generally, it's good news. It gives me moves when I thought the music had stopped.
That is good! If customers couldn't get to you, it must have been harrowing. I am glad it is looking up for you!

Old 04-13-2011, 07:28 AM

[quote=Wild Flower;18705323]I do like TN but not sure if it is home. I am very confused where I want to be. I lived in WI for 17 years. There is so much I miss- but I have no family there, so why would I go back? Plus, I have no way to go anywhere right now. I guess time will tell! In the meantime, I do like TN more and more.

Give it time, soon you'll realize the roots you planted, took off and sprouted deep into Tn. Your first year is an adventure, new foods, new culture, new sayings, embrace it all and soak it up and enjoy it. Sure there will be things you miss from where you came from, but I found there was far more I loved here then the few things I missed. Mainly I miss NY style pizza, hard rolls and ring dings. I go back to NY once a year to visit. I gorge out on Pizza and ring dings.This past month, I brought Pizza back with me as well as ring dings. I ended up sharing with a friend who is also from NY and has been here 18 years. It made him happy to have a slice of NY and I gave him my last package of Ring Dings. It's a once a year treat, but I can say that every day I am here, I am happy to be here in my home. I hope the same for you Wild flower.
Pam

Old 04-13-2011, 07:47 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,282,717 times
As they say in TN, if you don't like the weather today, it will be different tomorrow. It's a beautiful day today and tomorrow but looks like we have those storms coming again on Friday.

Have to say that after a little of 3 years of living in TN, I'm settling in more and more. I have to agree with Pam&Bill that I do miss my authentic NY pizza.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:36 PM

The Ring Ding thing is all in our heads, I think. The company that makes Ding Dongs now makes Ring Dings. They are now the same thing!

The first year is the hardest, I think. I spent the first year being pretty happy but I then sat back, took an inventory and decided I wasn't happy at all. I had just come off a job where the trainer was pretty viscous toward Yankees. But I stuck it out and the next job was oh, so much better. That's when I really, really began to love Knoxville.

No place is perfect but Knoxville has a lot going for it. No place is for everyone, though.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:31 PM

Default Thank you for your kind thoughts here

I am just a drift in my life. Family is in Missouri but it IS Missouri! Wisconsin is more or less home. But no $ and there are a couple of things I must do before I move anywhere. And no family or friends here. Life doesn't always make sense!

I do enjoy taking photographs here! I never would have had the chance to do so if I hadn't moved. Plus, getting to know a new place is always good.

AND CD is helping lately! I am having fun in this forum, the photography and the other forum! Check out my photography I have posted over there... I posted one picture here in TN, and will do more.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:59 AM

Wild Flower- Where did you land in Tn?

Old 04-14-2011, 12:48 PM

Tennessee is a big state so where you end up can really make a big difference. I know how you feel, though, Wildflower. I never really had any family of my own. I guess I could call Florida "home" since my husband's family is there, but even though they are super welcoming I guess they aren't really my family. I don't know. For right now, wherever my daughter and I are is "home" to me. She's 11 now. When she gets older I have no idea what I will do. I think I need to get out more or I could be terribly lonely down the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee