Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 06:15 PM

3,513 posts, read 9,428,585 times

Advertisements

Salina is a northern suburb of Syracuse, NY. It is a good place for a starter home due to the abundance of Post WWII homes. Interstate 81 intersects with I-90 in the Town of Salina. In addition, the Syracuse Airport is nearby. In the eastern part of Salina near the airport is the area called Mattydale. The western part of Salina is the Liverpool area, which is along the shore of Onondaga Lake. The most popular free county park in the Syracuse metropolitan area, attracting over 1 million people each year, is located in Salina- Onondaga Lake Park.

Town of Salina population is about 33,000

Photo tour starts in the village of Liverpool

homes over-looking lake

Onondaga Lake Park

Tram

Salt Museum

Heidi's

Last edited by bellafinzi; 11-20-2010 at 04:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2006, 11:39 AM

The above pictures of the Village of Liverpool are only taken from the main roads. The Village of Liverpool also has nice tree lined residential streets with sidewalks and old homes that you don't see in these photos.

One downside with the Village of Liverpool is that rush hour traffic goes through the middle of the village. The village is on a main commuter route serving the Town of Lysander and the northwest part of the Town of Clay. So traffic can be a little crazy as commuters go through Liverpool on their way to Syracuse. Other than that it's a nice place to live IMO.

Last edited by bellafinzi; 11-20-2010 at 04:53 PM..

Old 06-01-2007, 03:42 PM

15 posts, read 123,647 times
Wow, looks gorgeous there.

Me, I live in Liverpool, UK!!!! Bit different to that there!! ;-)

Old 06-01-2007, 10:50 PM

306 posts, read 1,620,421 times
NICE! Especially the village pictures. Thanks, Bellafinzi.

How is the Lake ecologically? Clean for swimming, fish safe to eat, good prognosis for the future?

Is the area developing sensibly or hectically? Is the development overwhelming the village/the small-town feel?

Old 06-02-2007, 02:32 PM

406 posts, read 1,451,180 times
The lake is a mess, ecologically. Big talk of massive clean-up. Plenty of fish, but only a fool would eat one.

Old 06-02-2007, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt l View Post
Wow, looks gorgeous there.

Me, I live in Liverpool, UK!!!! Bit different to that there!! ;-)
Thanks! My favorite TV programs are created/thought up/hosted by Brits and/or are produced by the BBC. Most Television programs created by Americans is down right garbage IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeward bound View Post
NICE! Especially the village pictures. Thanks, Bellafinzi.

How is the Lake ecologically? Clean for swimming, fish safe to eat, good prognosis for the future?

Is the area developing sensibly or hectically? Is the development overwhelming the village/the small-town feel?
SU uses the lake for rowing, people do fish there, but are warned not to eat too many fish as they contain mercury. Here's an article about the clean up project.....Honeywell Agrees to $451 Million Lake Cleanup

Honeywell Agrees to $451 Million Lake Cleanup

It's developing sensibly IMO. Salina only has two large parcels of land left to build on. It's an old suburb that mostly developed in the 1940s and 1950s. Others may disagree but the village of Liverpool is in no danger of losing it's small town charm. Yes, there is rush hour traffic that go through Liverpool, but that's only on the main road. The side roads are quite quiet.

Last edited by bellafinzi; 11-05-2010 at 01:43 PM..

Old 06-02-2007, 09:07 PM

208 posts, read 645,454 times
Hey bella, How ya doing?
Nice pictures, always enjoy your tours!

Old 06-04-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeedom View Post
Hey bella, How ya doing?
Nice pictures, always enjoy your tours!
I'm good. Thank you!

Old 06-04-2007, 07:49 PM

Some Village of Liverpool photos taken about three weeks ago...

Old 06-17-2007, 03:17 AM

15 posts, read 123,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellafinzi View Post
Thanks! My favorite TV programs are created/thought up/hosted by Brits and/or are produced by the BBC. Most Television programs created by Americans is down right garbage IMO.
That's bizarre - most of my favourite tv programs hail from t'other side of the pond!!! ER, Friends, Sopranos, Extreme Makeover Home Edition (love Paige & Tanya ) - swap yer!!!!

I need to find a nice American girl while i'm over in September, fall in love and move there - looks lovely in Liverpool and it would be easy for me to remember where I lived!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area