Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Subaru
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2023, 09:56 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Sirius XM is satellite radio. It has a bunch of channels that each play one kind of music. If you like 50's music, there's a channel for that. Classic rock? There's a channel for that. And, the signal doesn't disappear when you drive far from home.

I have to believe that the touch screens are cheaper than having dedicated controls for many features. As for radios, they are all pretty much one chip these days that covers all the bases, radio, satellite, GPS, etc, etc.

Your best bet is to go to the nearest Subaru dealer and ask these questions.
Well, given my meeting with them last weekend, I am not too impressed with asking them questions. When I say it is a 6 month at least research project and he says, "Is there anything we can do to sell you a car today?"........I have my doubts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2023, 10:02 PM

15,398 posts, read 7,464,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, given my meeting with them last weekend, I am not too impressed with asking them questions. When I say it is a 6 month at least research project and he says, "Is there anything we can do to sell you a car today?"........I have my doubts.
Typical sales person. Make it clear that you are not buying today, that you always research any purchase thoroughly, and that you are also looking at 4Runners, Jeeps, etc. Complaining to the sales manager might help as well. A good sales manager will not want to annoy a potential buyer.

Old 12-16-2023, 10:26 PM

7,477 posts, read 3,219,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Typical sales person. Make it clear that you are not buying today, that you always research any purchase thoroughly, and that you are also looking at 4Runners, Jeeps, etc. Complaining to the sales manager might help as well. A good sales manager will not want to annoy a potential buyer.

But, we cannot seem to get her to look at alternatives. She's used the word "sexy" to describe Subaru. I have lost hope...

Old 12-16-2023, 10:34 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
But, we cannot seem to get her to look at alternatives. She's used the word "sexy" to describe Subaru. I have lost hope...
Well, I will remind you what thread we are in. We are in a Subaru thread in the Subaru forum. It is really inappropriate to talk about any other brand in this section.

Please, address non Subaru alternatives in the open research thread.

Old 12-16-2023, 10:38 PM

7,477 posts, read 3,219,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, I will remind you what thread we are in. We are in a Subaru thread in the Subaru forum. It is really inappropriate to talk about any other brand in this section.

Please, address non Subaru alternatives in the open research thread.
OMG how did I land in a Subaru thread?

Old 12-20-2023, 03:09 PM

4,831 posts, read 3,259,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightsider View Post
2024 Foresters now on sale but this is the last of standard design. Vids of 2025 or now online and while it retains some of the look, it's quite different. It will also receive the much larger computer which was already integrated into Crosstrek & Outback. 2024 still has large tactile knobs and buttons but most of those will disappear. High interest from folks buying 2023 or '24 before change. Hybrid also in works.

Thanks for the heads-up. I have a '23 Crosstrek and don't like the changes they made to the '24 model. Been thinking of swapping for a Forester, but I'll sure want to do it quick if they're changing that one as well in the 2025 model.

Old 12-20-2023, 04:55 PM

2,450 posts, read 1,676,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
My Acura sedan does just fine in Portland rain with winter tires and FWD. AWD is nice, but not a "need." I have run either Blizzaks or Nokians usually November 15 through April 15 and I also have an easier time in snow than a 4WD without snow tires. I can go flying up Burnside road watching the 4WD's spinning out on the side of the road.

My next vehicle might be AWD, but, I would still do the winter tires.
Blizzaks are amazing. I used to run them on a couple 944s I had. They will make a 2wd handle better than most 4x4s until the snow gets deep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Subaru