Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Subaru
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2023, 11:08 AM

7,487 posts, read 7,156,393 times

Advertisements

https://www.torquenews.com/1084/all-...ee-it-now-here

Subaru of America took a long time to uncover the 2024 Subaru Crosstrek, but it's finally here. In Subaru's live reveal of the next-generation Crosstrek subcompact SUV from the 2023 Chicago Auto Show floor, they announced what the U.S. specification would offer customers in North America.

Crosstrek enthusiasts had waited since September 2022 when Subaru Corporation first announced the next-generation Japanese-specification Crosstrek. Subaru of America chose to wait and uncover the new U.S.-specification Crosstrek until this year at the Chicago Auto Show. Here are the details. The new Crosstrek gets upgraded power on its re-tuned engine, newly designed exterior styling, and upgraded safety and entertainment technology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2023, 04:26 PM

Demand will only get stronger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fgbbOMx4z0&t=42s

Old 02-11-2023, 08:11 AM

12,365 posts, read 9,473,336 times
Styling has been updated and there are a number of improvements. While I can see that I'd definitely prefer the 2024 over the 2023, I'd also say that given that this is a clean sheet redesign - what, 6 years after the last all-new model? - the magnitude of the changes is surprisingly small. I see some moderate structural improvements, next generation Eyesight and a larger infotainment screen option, a smidge more torque, some aero improvements said to reduce front end lift, improvements in sound dampening, a seat redesign said to offer greater comfort - all good stuff of course, but, for the most part, lots of small, evolutionary changes...

Planet Subaru (largest New England Subaru dealer) has pretty good coverage of the changes,
https://www.planetsubaru.com/2024-su...ek-changes.htm

The manual transmission has been dropped - I am sure there will be howling from the manual loyalists, but this is being done because few people bought them. The other retirement announced not long ago was the hybrid version - again, not a shock, they didn't sell many of these. It's reported that Subaru plans to develop another hybrid version in coming years.

Production of US Sport & Limited trims with the 2.5 liter engine is being moved to their Indiana manufacturing plant.

Last edited by OutdoorLover; 02-11-2023 at 08:53 AM..

Old 02-11-2023, 08:46 AM

The changes may seem small, but all of them together from the design, drive, safety, etc. Are a huge improvement.

Will definitely have me trading in my 2023 on a new 2024 limited.

Old 02-11-2023, 02:54 PM

12,365 posts, read 9,473,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
The changes may seem small, but all of them together from the design, drive, safety, etc. Are a huge improvement.

Will definitely have me trading in my 2023 on a new 2024 limited.
I have a 2019 Forester Touring and almost got the Crosstrek Limited the first time I bought a Subaru - if they had had the 2.5 liter engine at that time, I would have. I've only got 43K miles now, due to the introduction of routine remote work with the pandemic, but whenever I get my next car, I'll look at the Crosstrek again as an option. It's definitely a nice car, and though smaller than the Forester, I still felt it was big enough for my needs, to be honest.

Old 02-11-2023, 06:53 PM

537 posts, read 443,275 times
Subaru had a chance to come up with a truly earthshattering new design for the Crosstrek. Unfortunately they delivered a very average, conservative styled medium size SUV.

I'm sure they're a fine vehicle, however the market is full of great vehicles led by the RAV-4 in sales. Subaru remains a second tier automobile company and they just don't have the financial or engineering resources to put out a truly beautiful and superior quality vehicle.

Toyota and Honda are the class leaders in quality and technology. I'm on my second Toyota Hybrid, and it's an incredible quality and dependable vehicle--getting incredible fuel mileage.

Old 02-11-2023, 07:20 PM

3,180 posts, read 1,654,323 times
Wow, now the Prius is actually faster than the Crosstrek and Subaru hasn't upped the HP to 200HP.

Old 02-11-2023, 07:36 PM

It's not how fast you get there, it's the journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
Wow, now the Prius is actually faster than the Crosstrek and Subaru hasn't upped the HP to 200HP.

Old 02-11-2023, 07:38 PM

And yet they still cannot keep up with demand.

Crosstrek does not compete against RAV4.

Sorry but you might want to check that quality level when it comes to Hondas, especially your Toyota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJunior View Post
Subaru had a chance to come up with a truly earthshattering new design for the Crosstrek. Unfortunately they delivered a very average, conservative styled medium size SUV.

I'm sure they're a fine vehicle, however the market is full of great vehicles led by the RAV-4 in sales. Subaru remains a second tier automobile company and they just don't have the financial or engineering resources to put out a truly beautiful and superior quality vehicle.

Toyota and Honda are the class leaders in quality and technology. I'm on my second Toyota Hybrid, and it's an incredible quality and dependable vehicle--getting incredible fuel mileage.

Old 02-11-2023, 07:49 PM

8,478 posts, read 4,724,709 times
For being all-new, it kinda looks…the same. I wish they’d differentiated it more.

Had that same complaint when the C6 came out looking an awful like the C5.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Subaru