Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Subaru
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2023, 12:06 PM

7,487 posts, read 7,156,393 times

Advertisements

Thank goodness since that market is drying up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Navigate View Post
No matter how much black plastic Subaru slaps on, it will never be a Forerunner, Sequoia, Land cruiser etc. that are true off-road capable vehicles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2023, 01:11 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
if they can keep them on the dealer lots, this segment will be taken over by the corolla cross hybrid. more powerful and 40-45mpg for the win. the crosstrek is dated, and very generic. in its defense, this entire segment could not possibly be more generic. the crosstrek was once the value proposition in this segment, but that has been taken by the mazda cx30. very affordable in its base form.

Old 04-16-2023, 06:27 PM

1,579 posts, read 947,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Styling has been updated and there are a number of improvements. While I can see that I'd definitely prefer the 2024 over the 2023, I'd also say that given that this is a clean sheet redesign - what, 6 years after the last all-new model? - the magnitude of the changes is surprisingly small. I see some moderate structural improvements, next generation Eyesight and a larger infotainment screen option, a smidge more torque, some aero improvements said to reduce front end lift, improvements in sound dampening, a seat redesign said to offer greater comfort - all good stuff of course, but, for the most part, lots of small, evolutionary changes...

Planet Subaru (largest New England Subaru dealer) has pretty good coverage of the changes,
https://www.planetsubaru.com/2024-su...ek-changes.htm

The manual transmission has been dropped - I am sure there will be howling from the manual loyalists, but this is being done because few people bought them. The other retirement announced not long ago was the hybrid version - again, not a shock, they didn't sell many of these. It's reported that Subaru plans to develop another hybrid version in coming years.

Production of US Sport & Limited trims with the 2.5 liter engine is being moved to their Indiana manufacturing plant.

I really wanted a manual when I bought my Crosstrek, but I wanted the premium package more and I couldn't get both (manual only came with the base model). But I guess there just isn't demand. Funny thing, I also wanted the hybrid, but it wasn't available in my area. I like the car I got though, so no complaints.

I don't know how long my Crosstrek will last, but I am hoping to keep it for a total of at least 10-15 years and I am only 2 years into that now. So maybe, in 8-13 years the new hybrid will be available.

Old 04-16-2023, 07:19 PM

The base and premium only had the manual option available.

Makes sense they discontinued it since only 5% accounted for sales the first half of 2022.

Now eyesight is standard across the line.

Amazing value for the 2024 Crosstrek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apRg-qQ-iD0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sxNIx2PGDA

Old 04-16-2023, 07:43 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhUI5BGwCKA

Old 04-16-2023, 07:57 PM

1,579 posts, read 947,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
The base and premium only had the manual option available.

Makes sense they discontinued it since only 5% accounted for sales the first half of 2022.

Now eyesight is standard across the line.

Amazing value for the 2024 Crosstrek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apRg-qQ-iD0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sxNIx2PGDA

I absolutely couldn't find a premium with a manual transmission. I only found two Crosstreks within a reasonable distance of where I live (I think I went as far as 50 miles out and that covered nearly a dozen dealerships). Both were base models. They must have been hiding the manuals where ever they were hiding the hybrids haha. Oh well, I ended up with a limited and have no regrets.

Old 04-16-2023, 09:04 PM

333 posts, read 170,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
I disagree. For the vast majority of "off road" travel, these Subarus will handle the terrain just fine with greater comfort and better fuel economy.
But that was my point. So will CRVs and RAV4s because they are in the same category. The minimal differences in the AWD system shouldn't be a deciding factor, and the sales figures show that. They are all just CUVs, not all terrain vehicles.

Basically, there is a very narrow band of situations where someone got stuck in a CRV/RAV4 thought: "I wish I had a Subaru now". They would wish for something completely different.
If Subaru went back to making AWD station wagons with some clearance, like the Outback and Legacy used to be, that would be perfect.

Old 04-17-2023, 03:21 AM

24,556 posts, read 18,230,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Navigate View Post
If Subaru went back to making AWD station wagons with some clearance, like the Outback and Legacy used to be, that would be perfect.
An Outback is still just a lifted Legacy with some plastic body cladding. From the front doors-forward, an Outback is identical to a Legacy sedan. Subaru stopped making the Legacy wagon because it wasn’t selling so they only make the lifted/body cladding model. Personally, I’d rather have the lower Legacy wagon. It would handle better and get better highway fuel economy.

Old 04-17-2023, 07:07 PM

https://www.subaru.com/vehicles/2024/crosstrek.html

Old 04-17-2023, 07:40 PM

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Subaru