Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 01:04 AM

1 posts, read 2,002 times

Advertisements

ok, this is a first for me, I am ready to retire and leave California. I was born in San Francisco and raised in southern California and I am sick of the traffic, crime, pollution, etc. It's sad, California use to be a beatiful state but not anymore. The cost of housing here, not to mention property taxes, insurance, etc. is ridiculous!! Anyway, I want a slower life sytle and I visited the Carolinas last summer and fell in LOVE. I particularly liked the Charleston area and Asheville too! Actually, I loved all of it - so putting my house in California on the market (prices are dropping about $5,000 per month as the're so many foreclosures) but I am ready. I really like smaller towns but close to a larger city for entertainment. I would like to spend a max of $250,000 for a house or townhome. Any info. would be great! Thanks!!

Old 06-24-2008, 11:34 AM

330 posts, read 1,197,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readytoleavecalifornia View Post
Anyway, I want a slower life sytle and I visited the Carolinas last summer and fell in LOVE. I particularly liked the Charleston area and Asheville too! Actually, I loved all of it - so putting my house in California on the market (prices are dropping about $5,000 per month as the're so many foreclosures) but I am ready. I really like smaller towns but close to a larger city for entertainment. I would like to spend a max of $250,000 for a house or townhome. Any info. would be great! Thanks!!
Well, I live in the Charleston area, what is it you'd like to know?

You can find a home for that price here easily, except for the Charleston peninsula, of course.

If you're looking for a suburb with decent access to downtown Charleston, you could look into Mt Pleasant which will be a bit pricier (but still possible since prices have come down recently), or in Summerville, Goose Creek, West Ashley, etc. There are many different areas to choose from.

As for Asheville, I'm sure others can help you as I'm not familiar enough with the area.

Good luck with the sale of your home and I hope everything goes smoothly with your upcoming relocation.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:03 PM

2 posts, read 5,091 times
Wink moving from new jersey

hi i am moving down from new jersey iam looking into renting an apartment i am loking at greenville and simpsonville what are some of the nicer areas of greenville for renting and also simpsonville and what are the ones that are close to public transportation what kind of public transportation is in simpsonville thanks emily

Old 06-29-2008, 05:04 PM

4 posts, read 16,631 times
Question Thank god for natives!!

I'm not sure if you saw my post above, but I was wondering if you know of any "price friendly" longterm rentals in myrtle beach or surfside beach? My husband and I are natives to pennsylvania and boy are we ready to move south !!! We are a young couple lookin' to build our life in south carolina. He is a mason and works at Lowes...he hopes to get alot of masonry work down there, and I on the other hand are looking for a stable job where I can make some money year round in the same area. Any suggestions?? THANKS A MILLION!!! Mr and Mrs Kondrla

Old 06-29-2008, 06:35 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,782,179 times
The OP has not posted in a long time, so I'm closing the thread. Sorry about that but questions can be best answered if users start their own thread in the appropriate area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina