Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2008, 03:46 PM

6 posts, read 14,820 times

Advertisements

I am wondering if any of you natives could tell me about the school system around Greeniville, I have 1 in jr. high and 2 in Elem. We may be moving from Arizona and would like to find a good family friendly town/neighborhood.

Old 01-21-2008, 04:37 PM

7 posts, read 18,740 times
Hi we are thinking of moving to SC any help would be great. ( You hear all kinds of stuff ) First of all we were looking on line at homes for sale in Anderson SC, what is Elizabeth St. area like? is it a bad area or ok/ We have two small children in school so we are looking at that too. I have heard that there are many jobs opening up right now and that's a big plus coming from Nothern Michigan. My husband is in Carpentry has a trailer filled with tools and is ready to build remodel or whatever. Hows the housing market down there? Anything you can tell me would be great. We wouldn't mind renting or buying a fixer upper

Old 01-23-2008, 07:04 AM

3 posts, read 5,659 times
Could you tell me anything about Camden or aiken. My husband and I live in upstate NY and are looking to relocate to SC. We are horse people, we don't want neighbors right next to us and will be looking for jobs as well

Old 01-24-2008, 11:41 AM

10 posts, read 34,980 times
yea this dude dont know wat he talkin bout spartanburg is really nice and growing city

Old 01-24-2008, 11:46 AM

u just look at a place and judge it you dont kno the people and their circumstances and wat they have to go thru to live they life all the cities you say is bad aint cause ive been to all of em and disagree with you

Old 01-24-2008, 11:52 AM

and yet he forgot to mention charleston which is actually the 7th most dangerous city in the u.s. according to morgan quitno study in 2007

Old 01-25-2008, 03:53 AM

3 posts, read 5,659 times
What about camden. Am looking to relocate from NY. Questions like, horses,bugs,climate(to hot?),jobs,farms. Would appreciate your opinion

Old 01-25-2008, 09:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,841 times
I am a Carolina native that shifted north for grad school and then moved to western NY to be near my ailing grandparents. It's been 15 years since I left the south and I miss it terribly! I have family in Greenville and really like the whole Greenville/Spartanburg area.

My question is about the perception of hiring someone who only has "northern" work experience?

I'm feeling doubt from employers who can't look past the location of my experience and not my wishes and upbringing. Any suggestions?

Also, any suggestions on how to build a strong network of professional contacts when your not in the area yet?

Thanks!

Old 01-25-2008, 09:25 AM

26 posts, read 75,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
As far as the crime stats are concerned, particularly when compared with other states, you have to take those with a grain of salt. SC tends to report most of its crime data, from a variety of reporting agencies, whereas other states tend to have less consistency in that regard. Of course I'm not claiming that SC is some crime-free mecca, but the situation isn't as dire as the statistics themselves would show.
I live in Anderson and I agree with you.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:28 AM

26 posts, read 75,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callooh View Post
I am a Carolina native that shifted north for grad school and then moved to western NY to be near my ailing grandparents. It's been 15 years since I left the south and I miss it terribly! I have family in Greenville and really like the whole Greenville/Spartanburg area.

My question is about the perception of hiring someone who only has "northern" work experience?

I'm feeling doubt from employers who can't look past the location of my experience and not my wishes and upbringing. Any suggestions?

Also, any suggestions on how to build a strong network of professional contacts when your not in the area yet?

Thanks!
In Anderson we have people moving from all over and the ones I meet say we are the friendlies people any where. Hard for me to judge since except for a few years I have lived here my whole life. Also the other places I lived were also in the south....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina