Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2024, 12:19 PM

14,726 posts, read 14,713,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
I suspect what's happening is that Man City are trying to drag this out for as long as possible with an army of lawyers. With this hanging over them the league loses a little bit of integrity IMO.
I think it’s more that the charges against Man City are more numerous and more serious, could even involve jail time, so hopefully the league getting all their ducks in a row before dropping the hammer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2024, 12:32 PM

24,574 posts, read 18,380,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I think it’s more that the charges against Man City are more numerous and more serious, could even involve jail time, so hopefully the league getting all their ducks in a row before dropping the hammer.
What could possibly involve jail time?

And how does the UK jail an Emerati Royal who is Vice President and Deputy Prime Minister?

Old 04-14-2024, 11:34 AM

45 posts, read 18,649 times
Two massive results in the title race today as Liverpool and Arsenal lost their matches. Great weekend for Manchester City and its fans.

Old 04-22-2024, 11:38 AM

24,574 posts, read 18,380,841 times
Sunday was a bad day. Blackburn Rovers are in the relegation battle and were playing Sheffield Wednesday who had the second worst record in Championship. A draw and Blackburn was pretty much assured of being safe.

Here is a Rovers own goal by the GK.

https://youtu.be/NIyQ0t8-A68?si=To-XxxWeCIosOZ-u

The three Sheffield Wednesday goals were all from horrible Rovers defensive lapses. The first was the GK coming far out of the box, not heading the ball out of bounds, and the ball lobbed over his head as he was caught in no man’s land.

https://youtu.be/3loPouluEqU?si=BJWWjjx6BHkUnw3m

Old 04-22-2024, 12:19 PM

4,325 posts, read 1,574,686 times
Quote:
If you believe there will be any threat of jail time, I've got an oceanfront property for you right near Scottsdale AZ to show you.

The FA are looking to scrap the financial profit and sustainability rules soon, I suspect when they do that those charges will vanish like a lead held by Man Utd.

Old 04-28-2024, 11:10 AM

45 posts, read 18,649 times
Great win for Arsenal against Tottenham to keep the title race interesting.

Old 04-29-2024, 11:50 AM

2,415 posts, read 1,596,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carole2 View Post
Great win for Arsenal against Tottenham to keep the title race interesting.
nail-biting at the end but I have not seen a North London Derby that wasn't

Old 05-09-2024, 04:16 PM

Aston Villa knocked out of the Conference League. I remember being told an English team should win it every year and West Ham winning was no big deal, but so far were the only one who has

Old 05-10-2024, 09:57 AM

4,325 posts, read 1,574,686 times
Quote:
Aston Villa knocked out of the Conference League. I remember being told an English team should win it every year and West Ham winning was no big deal, but so far were the only one who has
Given their respective budgets compared to a Fiorentina or an Olympiakos, the English clubs should dominate. Thankfully we know the game is played on the field, not on the budget sheet.

Thoughts on Moyes being shown the door? Given he won you a European trophy, I think it's harsh.

Old 05-10-2024, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Given their respective budgets compared to a Fiorentina or an Olympiakos, the English clubs should dominate. Thankfully we know the game is played on the field, not on the budget sheet.

Thoughts on Moyes being shown the door? Given he won you a European trophy, I think it's harsh.
His football is painful to watch but previously it yielded results, so fans were placated. But trophy aside, they finished 16th last year and now 9th this season. 70 goals yielded and only four wins in all comp in 2024. It’s time to move on, but he’ll always be loved. The wingers will hopefully be let loose under Lopetegui.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer