Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2024, 12:59 PM

48 posts, read 19,872 times

Advertisements

Arsenal kept themselves in the title race after beating Manchester United 1-0.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2024, 06:32 AM

2,420 posts, read 1,613,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carole2 View Post
Arsenal kept themselves in the title race after beating Manchester United 1-0.
a nervy affair to be expected but i do see more mental toughness from Arsenal compared to this time last year, also if I were a Utd fam i would take something away from this performance it was the age and lack of speed of their center backs that gave up the goal, once Ten Hag has a fully fit squad, they can be much more competitive

Old 05-13-2024, 07:29 AM

4,339 posts, read 1,586,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
a nervy affair to be expected but i do see more mental toughness from Arsenal compared to this time last year, also if I were a Utd fam i would take something away from this performance it was the age and lack of speed of their center backs that gave up the goal, once Ten Hag has a fully fit squad, they can be much more competitive
Man Utd played like prime Barcelona in comparison to that atrocious display against Crystal Palace last week. No club can cope with the amount of defenders out that Utd have had, it's been insane. No fit LB pretty much all season, 30-something different back four lineups over a season is a recipe for disaster.

Arsenal didn't really need to get out of 2nd gear. Unfortunately, Man City aren't going to drop any more points.

Old 05-13-2024, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Man City aren't going to drop any more points.
I honestly think Tottenham might draw with them, I gather city have not much luck in their previous visits to the new home of London's perennial underachievers

Old 05-13-2024, 11:55 AM

2,221 posts, read 2,190,111 times
Quote:
I honestly think Tottenham might draw with them, I gather city have not much luck in their previous visits to the new home of London's perennial underachievers
As a huge Spurs supporter, I would love to see Spurs draw or take 3 from City, but I highly doubt it.

Old 05-13-2024, 12:11 PM

Quote:
I've also got Arsenal drawing with Everton at the weekend.

Old 05-14-2024, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
I've also got Arsenal drawing with Everton at the weekend.
hush

Old 05-14-2024, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
As a huge Spurs supporter, I would love to see Spurs draw or take 3 from City, but I highly doubt it.
I was listening to the Villa Liverpool game yesterday and for as long as Liverpool were winning, I was thinking this give Totts something to play for, but alas Villa got a point, still its all down to the last day - a much more exciting finish to an EPL season than I can remember for some time

Old 05-17-2024, 10:57 PM

24,574 posts, read 18,442,522 times
Quote:
I was listening to the Villa Liverpool game yesterday and for as long as Liverpool were winning, I was thinking this give Totts something to play for, but alas Villa got a point, still its all down to the last day - a much more exciting finish to an EPL season than I can remember for some time

I was scratching my head at the substitutions. Szoboszlai is in really poor form. Same for Darwin Nunez. Harvey Elliott is really high energy and Liverpool lost energy when he came off the pitch.

Like usual, I'm "anyone but Manchester City".

My awful year of Championship League is thankfully over. Unless a miracle happens, Rovers look to be relegated next year. 3rd lowest payroll in the league. Anyone any good gets sold. Sammie Szmodics is bound to be sold after scoring 27 goals as the top scorer in the league.

Old 05-20-2024, 08:54 AM

Sad that the league is so predictable, but 4 in a row is impressive. Would be more impressive were 115 charges not hanging over the club. Looking at the social media replies on the Premier League's pages, I think this inaction is starting to hurt their brand. I predict that the case will be heard, and the verdict will be in just as Pep's contract expires, conveniently.

Also, Arsenal almost did draw with Everton. Difficult to get the crowd on board when Man City score within two minutes.

Lots of good local derbies in the Championship next season, Sheffield derby, Burnley/Blackburn, possible Southampton/Portsmouth if Southampton don't go up in the playoffs, Luton/Watford. Good stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer