Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2024, 11:55 AM

4,231 posts, read 1,687,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
The more actual news outlets, the better. Unfortunately, the Russian government and others have figured out how to bombard our low information population with cleverly packaged disinformation disguised as news with no basis in fact.
After this post, you're deciding others as low information. Seriously, the Russians are after Brett and Gina? This is tin foil hat stuff.

Last edited by PureBoston; 04-19-2024 at 12:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2024, 12:31 PM

8,029 posts, read 4,720,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
After this post, you're deciding others as low information. Seriously, the Russians are after Brett and Gina? This is tin foil hat stuff.
Jewish space lasers?

Old 04-19-2024, 05:05 PM

17,844 posts, read 9,277,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
Gina will be featured on "60 Minutes" on Sunday.

VIDEO: Raimondo’s “60 Minutes” Feature to Air Sunday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8Irsv_uFU8

Old 04-19-2024, 05:10 PM

4,433 posts, read 3,215,201 times
I didn't think Gina had anything to do with RIFC. Isn't it just Pawtucket?

Old 04-19-2024, 05:21 PM

17,844 posts, read 9,277,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
I didn't think Gina had anything to do with RIFC. Isn't it just Pawtucket?
https://www.ri.gov/press/view/37239

Old 04-19-2024, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
With the Russians out to get her, I hope she brings security.

Old 04-19-2024, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Who but Joe Biden puts a failed banker and ex-governor of a state with the lowest ranking in the country for business climate in charge of.......commerce? Biden, Harris and Raimondo. What can possibly go wrong?

Old 05-01-2024, 08:01 PM

3,853 posts, read 2,719,735 times
I was curious to learn if the RIFC had yet won a game. I did a basic search and came up with this site:

https://us.soccerway.com/teams/unite...-island/64211/

Looks like no wins so far for the Rhode Island “Football Club”. Then I noticed that the dates are all messed up. Instead of the American MM/DD/YY format we’re all familiar with, they use DD/MM/YY, as if we’re in the UK/Europe. This after they insist on calling it football, instead of soccer. Why do they hate America?

Old 05-01-2024, 08:38 PM

4,433 posts, read 3,215,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ormari View Post
I was curious to learn if the RIFC had yet won a game. I did a basic search and came up with this site:

https://us.soccerway.com/teams/unite...-island/64211/

Looks like no wins so far for the Rhode Island “Football Club”. Then I noticed that the dates are all messed up. Instead of the American MM/DD/YY format we’re all familiar with, they use DD/MM/YY, as if we’re in the UK/Europe. This after they insist on calling it football, instead of soccer. Why do they hate America?
You're on an international site, where American soccer represents a very small fraction of the world's leagues and you're upset that terrible rest of the world doesn't use American conventions? Odd hill to die on.

RIFC (an American team calling itself football tsk tsk) has won a game. They beat Las Vegas Lights 2-1. They also drew their Open Cup game in full time but lost in penalty shots.

I'd give their record but that site goes European style W-D-L and I wouldn't want your head to explode.. They've had a lot of draws this season, more than losses anyway.

Did you hear they signed Isaac Angking? Not the RI lad I was hoping for - Damien Rivera - but I'm still hopeful. He had some brief but good outings for the Revs, but I'm afraid he hasn't come close at all to achieving the potential people saw in him early on.

Old 05-02-2024, 07:20 AM

3,853 posts, read 2,719,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
You're on an international site, where American soccer represents a very small fraction of the world's leagues and you're upset that terrible rest of the world doesn't use American conventions? Odd hill to die on.

RIFC (an American team calling itself football tsk tsk) has won a game. They beat Las Vegas Lights 2-1. They also drew their Open Cup game in full time but lost in penalty shots.

I'd give their record but that site goes European style W-D-L and I wouldn't want your head to explode.. They've had a lot of draws this season, more than losses anyway.

Did you hear they signed Isaac Angking? Not the RI lad I was hoping for - Damien Rivera - but I'm still hopeful. He had some brief but good outings for the Revs, but I'm afraid he hasn't come close at all to achieving the potential people saw in him early on.
Ah, they do have a win. I stand corrected. Still, I would expect a site that has the good sense to name itself “ soccerway.com”, and which had the forethought to don a Star Spangled Banner badge for US users, would have the good sense to display dates as American audiences expect.

I just don’t know why a sport that wants to make a header into America doesn’t speak the local tongue. In fact, I think many of the few American fans thrive on that quirk. It’s all a little too precious for the general American public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island