Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2024, 04:29 PM

4,375 posts, read 3,184,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
They left San Francisco because of the crime. How is the Providence store doing? The Macy's at Emerald Sq. in NA isn't doing well. I was in there right before Christmas and there were no shoppers.
They didn't leave San Francisco because of crime. They are still in San Francisco but looking to sell that property as part of their nationwide downsizing, closing 150 stores over the next 2 years

https://abc7news.com/san-francisco-m...sing/14473247/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2024, 04:42 AM

17,665 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
while there is crime in the Bay Area it’s not the reason Macy’s is closing its landmark location.
Wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago3rd View Post
So two decades of decline of all Department Stores in all regions of the USA and you blame Macy's leaving SF on crime.......I blame it on lazy uninventive rich greedy company heads who did NOT stay ahead of change.
Wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsonik View Post
They didn't leave San Francisco because of crime. They are still in San Francisco but looking to sell that property
Because of the crime.

Old 03-12-2024, 05:51 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CATZKKCy9M0

Old 03-12-2024, 06:00 AM

5,126 posts, read 6,123,485 times
Macy’s has a new CEO, facing declining in store and digital sales and is in the midst of fending off a hostile takeover.

Crime has nothing to do with it’s trying to restructure and store closings, if anything Covid-19 and consumers pulling away from these iconic stores such as JC Penney and Best Buy which both are declining rapidly with brick and mortar locations.

This started out as a thread about another retail giant getting sucked into the abyss as what happened to Sears and somehow it has become focused on crime which has nothing to do with Macy’s 150 locations.

This is an election year and politicians need soap box issues. We visited the Macy’s in SF when visiting family this past summer and the only thing out of the ordinary was the lack of shoppers, you could feel the resemblance to Sears when they were on the way out.

Old 03-12-2024, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Macy’s has a new CEO, facing declining in store and digital sales and is in the midst of fending off a hostile takeover.

Crime has nothing to do with it’s trying to restructure and store closings, if anything Covid-19 and consumers pulling away from these iconic stores such as JC Penney and Best Buy which both are declining rapidly with brick and mortar locations.
It has everything to do with the San Francisco store closing.

Quote:
This started out as a thread about another retail giant getting sucked into the abyss as what happened to Sears and somehow it has become focused on crime which has nothing to do with Macy’s 150 locations.
It has everything to do with the San Francisco location.

Quote:
This is an election year and politicians need soap box issues. We visited the Macy’s in SF when visiting family this past summer and the only thing out of the ordinary was the lack of shoppers, you could feel the resemblance to Sears when they were on the way out.
If that's actually true, you didn't happen to notice all of the closed stores in Union Square??

Old 03-12-2024, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
It has everything to do with the San Francisco store closing.

It has everything to do with the San Francisco location.

If that's actually true, you didn't happen to notice all of the closed stores in Union Square??
I have Googled and I cannot find any articles where Macy’s states it is closing stores due to crime. Can you provide a link directly from Macy’s press releases where they state they are closing stores due to crime?

Everything I see concerning closings is attributed to consumers shifting their shopping habits and financial problems for the company.

Old 03-12-2024, 10:20 AM

Quote:
I have Googled and I cannot find any articles where Macy’s states it is closing stores due to crime. Can you provide a link directly from Macy’s press releases where they state they are closing stores due to crime?

Everything I see concerning closings is attributed to consumers shifting their shopping habits and financial problems for the company.
You do understand that Macy's is trying to sell the property, right?

And I didn't say "stores" (plural). I said the San Francisco location.

Old 03-12-2024, 10:38 AM

Quote:

If you could share Macy's press release stating that is the reason for them closing that location I would love to read it.

Old 03-12-2024, 10:47 AM

Quote:

Quote:
If you could share Macy's press release stating that is the reason for them closing that location I would love to read it.
If you could stop being disingenuous, I think many of us would appreciate it.

Old 03-12-2024, 11:32 AM

Quote:
If you could stop being disingenuous, I think many of us would appreciate it.
Quote;
Is calling someone disingenuous an insult?
If you call someone disingenuous, then yeah, you're being offensive. But if you call the idea disingenuous, then it's much less offensive. If you phrase it like, "isn't that a little disingenuous?" it's even less offensive yet (I think "isn't that a lie" would come off a fair bit more offensive).

I was just asking for fact not fiction in regards to the SF closing and not expecting to get slammed for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island