Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 02:44 PM

23,624 posts, read 18,749,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnrboy View Post
So say ye, but you are clearly ignorant on this subject. Let's drop you off in Central Falls one day, and the hood in Orlando the next. Then you can discuss your findings and maybe you'll learn something.
How about not dropping me off in either one? There is a reason I went out and acquired an education and job skills.

Quote:
Gee, and here I was thinking that it was because the crime rates all over the South are epidemic compared to little ole' Rhode Island! But you're right, I guess that answer about "more progressive police Departments" and being more "open" is the reality of it.

The most dangerous states in America 2013: http://247wallst.com/special-report/2013/10/04/the-most-dangerous-states-in-america/2/

What a joke!

For the record, Providence has been on COPS! One of the tamest episodes I ever saw, fortunately for the ratings - they followed it up with Jacksonville Florida so we got back to one of the highest murder rates in the Nation!

You seriously pulled that one right out of you rear end. That was bad even for you.

No I have to say I am correct. It was even documented in some study of the show way back (wish I could remember when/where that was).

Quote:
And for the third time, I really have no idea what you are alluding to when it comes to AlfieBoy, but no doubt this thread could use some of his wisdom right about now...
If you really don't (which I sincerely doubt), you need to ask HIM that question. I am not going to answer for another poster, he needs to explain that to you himself (why he isn't posting here anymore).

"Wisdom" indeed. LMAO!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 07:32 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,999,185 times
OK, so to summarize:

a) You're educated so you don't have to, like, know stuff

b) You insist you know what you're talking about based on an ancient study which you don't remember

c) You will not answer for another poster, who is not actually a poster any longer.

What can I say. Your logic is airtight!

Old 04-20-2014, 05:55 AM

Quote:
a) You're educated so you don't have to, like, know stuff
You guessed wrong my friend.

Quote:
b) You insist you know what you're talking about based on an ancient study which you don't remember
Of course it's an "ancient" study because it's mostly an "ancient" show (genius)! And of course I remember it and what it said, just don't remember who conducted it.

Quote:
c) You will not answer for another poster, who is not actually a poster any longer.
Oh he is not a poster any longer? Really? So apparently you do know more than me.

It is you who continues to bring him up, like you can't get over his disappearance or something. I am not his agent, I am just another poster here. You obviously have some sort of contact with him outside the forum. Have a question about him, ask him yourself (although I strongly discourage you from associating with him).

Happy Easter!

Old 04-20-2014, 07:54 AM

Yeah, I tried to PM him and it said he is no longer a member.

Wow, the vicissitudes of life are abound with mystery!

P.S. I don't celebrate Easter - Happy 4/20

Old 04-20-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Wow, the vicissitudes of life are abound with mystery!
Except that it's not really a mystery.

Old 04-20-2014, 11:27 AM

50 posts, read 62,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvdjames View Post
Another ranking putting providence as one of the top cities to live!

#2 - Providence , RI - Top 10 Best Downtowns 2014 | Livability
Great article, and Providence is only topped by fort worth, tx. Love my hometown. If you guys could pick between Providence and Fort Worth, which would you personally put at number one?

Old 04-20-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Except that it's not really a mystery.
That was exactly my point.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:06 PM

4,420 posts, read 3,201,746 times
Quote:
You know what I mean.

But I think I have a very reasonable definition for "urban". That would be all areas that the USPS covers with city carriers (on foot) as opposed to rural carriers (drive from home to home).
Congratulations. I'm pretty sure you're the only person who's ever come up with a definition that would classify Coventry, RI as "urban".

Most surburban places in RI (not rural, but town) are serviced by mailmen who walk from house to house.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:

Going by official stats, I was a little off. RI is the #7 most urban. CA is #1.

http://www2.census.gov/prod2/decenni...0598v2ch02.pdf
This link goes to the 1930 Census, but I can't figure out the relevant page?

Old 04-20-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
A ghetto is a ghetto, North, south, east or west. C.F. is a ghetto. South Providence is a ghetto. Gansett Ave is ghetto.
Gansett Ave? What's the matter with Gansett Ave. It's the same as it's always been. Do you mean Cranston St?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island