Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM

7,139 posts, read 4,546,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
Not for me. It is not a particularly meaningful thing for me even now.
I think that you are very rare. The older I get the more important my kids, friends and dogs are. I value them over everything else. Driving home from my son’s on Wednesday I was thinking how lucky I am to have my kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:31 PM

7,602 posts, read 3,260,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
I think that you are very rare. The older I get the more important my kids, friends and dogs are. I value them over everything else. Driving home from my son’s on Wednesday I was thinking how lucky I am to have my kids.
From all of her references it seems like Elnrgby must have been a surgeon. The level of objectivity and detachment you must have to do that is likely enormously high. It is hard to be two opposing things, isn't it? It may take Elnrgby a lot more time off to come back from all that. Add to that the personal losses... In a way that may have been what made her good at what she did for a living. I am just guessing and I may be way off.

Old Today, 12:52 PM

8,382 posts, read 4,398,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Oh I still think how lucky I am to not have kids :-).

Old Today, 12:53 PM

8,382 posts, read 4,398,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wile e. Coyote View Post
from all of her references it seems like elnrgby must have been a surgeon. The level of objectivity and detachment you must have to do that is likely enormously high. It is hard to be two opposing things, isn't it? It may take elnrgby a lot more time off to come back from all that. Add to that the personal losses... In a way that may have been what made her good at what she did for a living. I am just guessing and i may be way off.

Old Today, 03:23 PM

7,139 posts, read 4,546,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
Oh I still think how lucky I am to not have kids :-).
Kids are definitely not for everyone. My sister never wanted kids but she was a wonderful and fun aunt to mine).

Old Today, 04:08 PM

18,732 posts, read 33,402,036 times
^^
There are those of us who just dislike being around any kids. If I must be, I'm respectful towards their vulnerability but would rather avoid them completely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement