Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2023, 03:26 PM

43,290 posts, read 18,428,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BijouBaby View Post
If it were legal here, I would definitely partake. Actually I don't really care about the legal part, but I wouldn't know where to go to get it, and wouldn't trust it if I did. Great thing about legalizing pot, it's regulated and safe.
See if Delta 8 can be sold in your state.
Delta 8 is a THC extract from hemp...legal in almost all states.
And there are reputable companies that will mail it to you.

Here's where I buy from:

https://www.3chi.com

What is Delta 8:

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/what-is-delta-8/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2023, 03:59 PM

3,068 posts, read 2,058,351 times
Delta 8 is legal and available in 32 states including mine. I bought some Delta 8 gummies to keep on hand when I really need restful sleep because a very small amount puts me to sleep. I don't get any psychoactive effects, it makes me sleepy.

I smoked pot ages 16-18 but my body chemistry is not good with pot (tried pot as an adult couple times-same effect), makes me feel worried and nervous, not relaxed and calm. But several family and friends use pot and they seem fine, no evidence of mental defects or law-breaking, the problem is it's not legal and I just saw someone a mile away was arrested for possession of pot. What the heck was that person doing to get arrested at home? Mom or Dad call the police?

I think pot should be legal because it would be regulated and you'd know it wouldn't have crap in it.
I still won't use it but don't object to those who do in moderation.
I would grow it (if legal) would make nice Christmas presents.

Old 06-14-2023, 04:31 PM

14,995 posts, read 12,204,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
I am the only person in the US born in 1954 who has never smoked pot.

I think that makes two of us, I never did either. My young life was precarious, and I felt as though I needed to be in control of my faculties at all times. Otherwise I might have tried it.

Old 06-14-2023, 04:46 PM

1,238 posts, read 553,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I hate recreational drugs with a passion. I wish they didn't exist. Drugs are a scourge on this nation, and the basis for half of our critical problems, from violent crime to homelessness to mental illness to poverty.

Legalized pot was going to energize and fund California, but the Mexican cartels are more active and more brutal than ever before in California.

I hate recreational drugs. If I had a magic wand, they wouldn't exist. It is a sin that so many drug users/abusers can't find a safe and harmless means of temporary escape from life without resorting to damaging drugs. A pox on them. I hate them pasisonately.

Some people say it is for medicinal value, as if there isn't a legal, prescribed medicine available to you. I know Millenials who take pot "medicinally". They begin every couple of weeks or as needed, and end up "needing" it every single day. Just bloody wonderful.
Curious why you think that "prescribed medicine" is morally superior to a medicinal plant that has no harmful side effects (talking about edibles, not smoking, as smoking anything is not good for your lungs).

Old 06-14-2023, 04:47 PM

88,693 posts, read 85,065,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
It does, sleep is a wonderful "drug" if you get proper deep sleep. And it does feel good to doze away after a stressful day.

But yeah the drug and alcohol users who do it to escape reality, probably not the best method of dealing with life issues.
Not everyone uses drugs and alcohol, itself a drug, to escape reality. Yes, some people do. Many of those types don't live long enough to post in this forum.

Some use drugs to enhance reality. Sitting comfortably outside watching birds or critters and the light change over water with a glass of wine or a couple puffs from a pipe can be a very pleasant way to live in the moment.

Old 06-14-2023, 04:49 PM

2,111 posts, read 1,940,642 times
In my visit last month, I learned from my brother who is an emergency physician that he had quite a few cases of cannabis-induced psychosis ever since Michigan legalized pots. He personally know one of the young patients! I also heard from a friend that his nephew was committed to a psychiatric ward.

My brother told me that many of the new cannabis strains are extremely potent. What we learned about the effect of pots years ago no longer valid! The medical community still has not known all the effects of cannabis intoxication for both short term and long term usage.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...tudy-rcna40096

https://nida.nih.gov/publications/re...tric-disorders

Old 06-14-2023, 04:50 PM

1,238 posts, read 553,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I only use indica in brownies for sleep, otherwise, as an ex-hippie, I never really enjoyed smoking pot.

Now that San Francisco has legalized Psychedelic mushrooms, and Psylocibin is now legal in Denver, I'm awaiting the next city or state to legalize it. Just nibbling on the psychedelic mushrooms, whom are depressed, helps lift their depressions. You don't have to eat the whole mushroom and hallucinate.

This will be the next push, watch and see, legalized psychedelic mushrooms. I can hardly wait!
Psychedelic mushrooms are not "legal" in SF, they are decriminalized. Big difference.

Old 06-14-2023, 05:24 PM

17,635 posts, read 13,430,214 times
Just remember, if you have a Concealed Carry Permit, if you get a medical mj card, you lose your carry permit. You also lose the ability to legally purchase another gun,

Mj is still a Class l controlled substance. It is federally ILLEGAL. Until Congress and the DEA change the classification, whatever a state legalizes is meaningless in some instances

Old 06-14-2023, 05:58 PM

1,436 posts, read 769,090 times
I think I say it in every pot thread.

If you'd told me in 1974 that in 2023 we would have had our first black president and gay marriage would be legal nationwide, but marijuana would still be a Schedule 1 drug federally, I'd have called you crazy.

Always so close, yet so far away...

Old 06-14-2023, 07:32 PM

24,699 posts, read 11,044,214 times
Whatever makes OP happy. I do not understand the need to brag. OK, he/she can smoke/chew whatever makes him/her happy and there as a previous thread.
To each his/her own. Please do not make the rest of us pay for your medical needs which apparently surface.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement