Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2021, 07:00 AM

10,229 posts, read 6,309,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Anyone can report to VAERS. It requires no confirmation or testing to report.

I could report that the covid vaccine caused my appendix to burst, or that it gave me acne.
Wouldn't you think that a doctor reporting their patient's reaction to VAERS would carry far more weight than some average citizen? Do you think doctors would never do this? Daughter's doctor (PCP) didn't report her reaction, but husband's doctor (Cardiologist) did because she thought it was serious enough?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2021, 07:45 AM

106,579 posts, read 108,713,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Wouldn't you think that a doctor reporting their patient's reaction to VAERS would carry far more weight than some average citizen? Do you think doctors would never do this? Daughter's doctor (PCP) didn't report her reaction, but husband's doctor (Cardiologist) did because she thought it was serious enough?
anyone can fart and report it as a side effect . but it all comes out in the wash .

are the reported cases overall more than typically seen in a year .

if no , then it carry's little weight regardless of who reports it ....

Old 10-23-2021, 09:29 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,947,351 times
Default Pfizer's booster shot

Booster shots in adults who received the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine were highly effective at preventing symptomatic Covid-19 breakthrough infections, Pfizer announced on Thursday.

The company said that out of more than 5,000 Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine recipients enrolled in its study who received a booster shot, only five later developed symptomatic disease, compared with 109 people among a similar group that received a placebo instead of a booster dose.

The results have not been peer-reviewed or published in a medical journal.

Old 10-23-2021, 09:40 AM

3,075 posts, read 1,540,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
It's not that people don't care. Honestly, I do believe there are serious side effects for some people. There are with every vaccine, medication, or any other thing you put in your body. And it heartens me to hear that Pfizer is working with those that are reporting these side effects--as it should be.

Alternatively, saying the hysteria is off the charts is pretty insulting in the other direction for folks who've lost friends and family to the virus. In all of my 57 years on this planet, I've never lost a friend or family member to the flu, which also has many deaths per year. This is different. I've lost 2 coworkers, almost lost a cousin, who is now recovering after 4 months in the hospital, my duaghter almost lost a 29 y/o friend who was on a ventilator for 15 days, I have 2 other coworkers with long-haul symptoms. For my circle, this is far worse than any other virus we've seen.
then maybe we need to meet in the middle and accept that different people have different experiences. I'm sorry for your friends who have experienced this virus, but I know of no one who has had this virus and know of a number of people with serious side effects from the vaccines. There are plenty of posters insulting those of us for whatever reason who are refusing these vaccines. I refuse to knock people around for being vaccinated or unvaccinated like many posters and threads want to do. Can't we accept that people may have reasons for refusing just as people have reasons for believing its ok to be vaccinated? And Im sure I will get criticized by people for that opinion too.

Old 10-23-2021, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
maybe it depends if the dr knows someone at one of the cos. A dr reporting adverse reactions should carry alot of weight but maybe drs are too worried about their licenses and any pressure from the AMA etc to report. Everything has to be sweetness and light. any adverse reaction must be "misinformation" says the powers that be.

Old 10-23-2021, 10:10 AM

8,333 posts, read 4,372,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
maybe it depends if the dr knows someone at one of the cos. A dr reporting adverse reactions should carry alot of weight but maybe drs are too worried about their licenses and any pressure from the AMA etc to report. Everything has to be sweetness and light. any adverse reaction must be "misinformation" says the powers that be.

The licensing authorities (who are actually predominantly not physicians) have no interest whatsoever in adverse drug reactions, they only care about phisicians' competence and professionalism (and sometimes "care" about that cluelessly and stupidly, but still unrelated to any adverse reactions to medication). While AMA had the primary function of being a political and negotiating body for physicians' interests, it doesn't have any influence on reporting adverse reactions. The only thing that would prevent a physician from reporting an adverse reaction is that he/she is extremely busy, and cannot get to yet another piece of paperwork - but that would not be the case with a serious adverse reaction to a vaccine, because such reactions are rare enough and novel enough that everyone would have an interest in reporting them. I strongly believe that every single serious adverse reaction to covid vaccines has been reported. No, people obviously do not report every case of headache and fever, but they surely do report Bell's palsy, GBS or myocarditis.

Old 10-23-2021, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
The licensing authorities (who are actually predominantly not physicians) have no interest whatsoever in adverse drug reactions, they only care about phisicians' competence and professionalism (and sometimes "care" about that cluelessly and stupidly, but still unrelated to any adverse reactions to medication). While AMA had the primary function of being a political and negotiating body for physicians' interests, it doesn't have any influence on reporting adverse reactions. The only thing that would prevent a physician from reporting an adverse reaction is that he/she is extremely busy, and cannot get to yet another piece of paperwork - but that would not be the case with a serious adverse reaction to a vaccine, because such reactions are rare enough and novel enough that everyone would have an interest in reporting them. I strongly believe that every single serious adverse reaction to covid vaccines has been reported. No, people obviously do not report every case of headache and fever, but they surely do report Bell's palsy, GBS or myocarditis.
I hope so!

Old 10-23-2021, 10:57 AM

1,499 posts, read 884,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
This info comes from Vaers and I get it weekly. I've been away for so long and don't want to tread too heavy on posting. Could be Politics has Vaers and The Defender postings. As I said I'm going lightly as I like C-D but end up leaving. Maybe you can search Vaers and 17K deaths from vaccines.
How many doses have been given worldwide…then do the math

There is always a risk benefit ratio

Non tested supplements? Hmmm..,death rate? Oh yeah..no studies

Old 10-23-2021, 11:02 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Some people die from peanuts, nothing is universally safe.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-23-2021, 11:19 AM
JRR

8,159 posts, read 5,651,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
How many doses have been given worldwide…then do the math

There is always a risk benefit ratio

Non tested supplements? Hmmm..,death rate? Oh yeah..no studies
That is what has always made me shake my head in wonder.

So many people don't want that experimental vaccine. But many of those same people will happily be pumped full of hydroxychloroquine or ivermectin because they read about it on the internet or were told about it by a friend or relative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement