Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2020, 08:54 AM
JRR

8,159 posts, read 5,653,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
See if you can find Tiny Rubies Dianthus. It's a small, picky plant, but it is beautiful and smells great!

https://www.google.com/search?ei=I-m...sclient=psy-ab
Bluestone is sold out of the Tiny Rubies. So they will go on my list for next year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2020, 09:02 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,864,280 times
Dusting of snow overnight, air is so fresh and clean. Cool rain now. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Old 04-19-2020, 10:21 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,679,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funisart View Post
We never had a game system until we retired. We bought a ps4 and a few games about two years ago. My favorite was Witcher 3. We’ve played some of the ones you mentioned. Really like the building games like Skylines. My husband does the controller, I look up the play throughs, and spot loot, guide him through caves, watch the life line etc. We limit the time, because time passes too fast while gaming, and we have lots of other things to do.

Be careful having others in your home. We do a lot of FaceTime and Zoom with friends and family and have had a few meetings of our various groups that way.
We started gaming with Atari 400 way back. Then the Atari 2600. We now have two PS3's and two PS4's since we play different games at the same time. My wife really likes Witcher 3. Eagerly awaiting the PS5.

We are very careful about company. Only one couple and we know they are being careful. Between them heart and breathing problems and Parkinson's.

Old 04-19-2020, 07:38 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,378,039 times
We saw my step-son "in the flesh" today from a safe distance.

Old 04-20-2020, 09:15 AM

4,536 posts, read 3,753,269 times
82 degrees, heavy-duty humidity, windy and a cold front coming through this afternoon will bring thunderstorms this afternoon.

I took the dog out for a 2.5 mile walk while the sun is shining. We saw two people getting into their cars, a Mom playing with her three toddlers in her garage and four trucks (lawn, pool, roofing and contruction) went by us along with two cars. That was it, social distancing is easy here in our suburban neighborhood.

DH called and found that the Quest satellite office in the local Walmart is closed from the pandemic and he had to go to their main site this morning. They text when you can come in the office. He saw no one other than the tech taking his urine for his drug screening. She looked at his photo ID and didn’t have him pull his mask down. So much better than going to a Walmart.

Old 04-20-2020, 09:15 AM

5,451 posts, read 4,045,402 times
Got my state income tax refund today (had to pay to feds). That was fairly quick.

Old 04-21-2020, 07:51 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,190,266 times
Today Hubby and I were doing some tree trimming (from the ground or the step stool); we are finishing up Spring yard work and getting those branches out for our monthly bulk pick-up. We are trying to get things finished up as our temps will be climbing into the 90's toward the end of the week, and even 100's by the weekend. It was windy today as the warmer air blew in. The heat is almost here in the Phoenix area.

I am thankful we have had a pleasant spring so far.

Old 04-22-2020, 04:40 AM

5,451 posts, read 4,045,402 times
more snow here today (just a dusting). Going in to donate blood this morning. Food shelf this afternoon. If I feel really brave, I may do some grocery shopping, but there is nothing crucial on the list.

Old 04-22-2020, 11:37 AM

4,536 posts, read 3,753,269 times
We has signed up for Medicare part A when we turned 65. I thought part B would be the same, signing up online. Nope, a form needs to be faxed or mailed in and of course SS offices aren’t open to the public with Covid-19. I spoke with a man at SS, who gave me the local office’s fax number and told me to call too, letting them know a fax is being sent, so it’s not sitting on the fax machine and gets processed.

We are trying to choose a MediGap plan and can’t until we are enrolled in Medicare Part B. I have been doing a mixture of research and avoidance. I intensely dislike choosing health insurance plans, even DH’s annual company provided insurance enrollment every November felt like a roll of the dice. We would look at each other and ask “how healthy and lucky do you feel and how much do you want to spend”? Same with the Medicare supplement plan’s alphabet soup.

Last edited by jean_ji; 04-22-2020 at 12:00 PM..

Old 04-22-2020, 01:58 PM
JRR

8,159 posts, read 5,653,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
We has signed up for Medicare part A when we turned 65. I thought part B would be the same, signing up online. Nope, a form needs to be faxed or mailed in and of course SS offices aren’t open to the public with Covid-19. I spoke with a man at SS, who gave me the local office’s fax number and told me to call too, letting them know a fax is being sent, so it’s not sitting on the fax machine and gets processed.

We are trying to choose a MediGap plan and can’t until we are enrolled in Medicare Part B. I have been doing a mixture of research and avoidance. I intensely dislike choosing health insurance plans, even DH’s annual company provided insurance enrollment every November felt like a roll of the dice. We would look at each other and ask “how healthy and lucky do you feel and how much do you want to spend”? Same with the Medicare supplement plan’s alphabet soup.
With all the medicare supplement choices, it sure can be hassle trying to figure out which one would be best.

For us, we wound up going with the High deductible F, which I look at as a sort of catastrophic supplement. It doesn't pay anything until I pay out $2340 but it only costs me $42 a month. And once I hit the $2340 it pays anything that medicare approves. I have hit the deductible twice in 5 years; once for my hip replacement and once for my knee replacement.

For my wife, we went with the plan N which costs us $135 per month and she has to pay up to $20 per each doctor office visit. But it has been great in picking up the bills for her cancer treatment/surgeries and her bout with pneumonia last year. I would hate to think about what the hit would have been to our finances without it. Just for her immunotherapy alone, they paid $1364 each month for a year
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement