Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 08:31 AM

1 posts, read 14,872 times

Advertisements

I am a 28 yr old male considering moving to Reno. I am a huge skier who loves the outdoors thus Reno seems like a perfect spot. I was wondering if anyone who lives in Reno may be able to help me in regards what area's I may want to look for an apartment in. I am currently live in Birmingham, MI, a suburb of Rochester, MI. I will most likely be working in Reno so I need a town that is a short drive to Reno but at the same time not to far from Mt Rose so I can ski during the week. I prefer a suburbian type area that is safe and has local shopping / restuarants / bars close by. Any information or help you can provide would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Last edited by faust1rf; 09-18-2008 at 08:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 10:21 AM

13 posts, read 65,952 times
I've mentioned this before, but NW Reno (89523 zip code) was ranked as one of the top places to raise a family in the United States by the authors of "Cities Ranked and Rated". You would also be closer to all the Tahoe ski areas, while still being within a half-hour drive or so to Mt. Rose.

There's plenty of places to shop, eat, or drink within a few minutes drive. It's kind of "Yuppieville".

Old 09-21-2008, 03:26 PM

60 posts, read 234,491 times
If I were you I would look in South Reno near the new mall. It is located on Mt. Rose Highway and a quick trip (maybe 20 min.) to the ski slopes from there. There are condos nearby but the only apartment complexes that come to mind are located off of So. Meadows Parkway - still in So. Reno and close to Mt. Rose hwy.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:50 PM

171 posts, read 765,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs2fish View Post
If I were you I would look in South Reno near the new mall. It is located on Mt. Rose Highway and a quick trip (maybe 20 min.) to the ski slopes from there. There are condos nearby but the only apartment complexes that come to mind are located off of So. Meadows Parkway - still in So. Reno and close to Mt. Rose hwy.
I will say it now and mark my words; 10 years from now, the south meadows will be ghetto central.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:19 PM

34 posts, read 350,099 times
Oh please.

Maybe if there was a huge seismic event in Sun Valley.

South Meadows is a great place. People walk around after dinner and know their neighbors. Lots of hardworking people and young families who didn't spend half a million for their house, 20m drive to Mt. Rose for awesome skiing.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southreno View Post
Oh please.

Maybe if there was a huge seismic event in Sun Valley.

South Meadows is a great place. People walk around after dinner and know their neighbors. Lots of hardworking people and young families who didn't spend half a million for their house, 20m drive to Mt. Rose for awesome skiing.
Just wait.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:15 AM

34 posts, read 350,099 times
I've seen bad areas evolve over time before in cities much larger than Reno.

Trust me, there are a lot of other areas in Reno/Sparks that have the makings for turning bad. South Meadows doesn't even have the density required.

Old 09-27-2008, 03:43 PM

13 posts, read 113,383 times
Default "gloom and doom!" "gloom and doom!" blah blah blah

So negative, ghetto this, ghetto that.
You don't REALLY don't know what living in a ghetto is like anyway.
Lighten up, life is too short. lol

Old 09-27-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osp14318583 View Post
So negative, ghetto this, ghetto that.
You don't REALLY don't know what living in a ghetto is like anyway.
Lighten up, life is too short. lol
Since you know all about me right?

Old 09-28-2008, 03:22 PM

13 posts, read 113,383 times
White male, 35-45, redneck who has NEVER lived in a ghetto in his life, yeah,think I got it.
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area