Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 07:35 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,565,472 times

Advertisements

Arguys post about her 6 yr old reading the bible brought back a wonderful childhood memory of mine that I shared with my children and later the grandkids when they were old enough to start asking questions about Jesus, angels and all. I have posted several times about how poor my familywas.When I was about four years old it was winter and cold. The house we lived in had no electric so we used kerosene lanterns and heated and cooked with wood stoves. My mom and dad loved to read and my older sister and brother did too. They only had a few books that were read over and over. One night I had the bible upside down pretending to read it to my younger sister. Of course I was trying to relate my own version of the baby Jesus and the angels. Mom told me that if I said my prayers every night that God would answer them sooner or later. Bingo!!Little Bev had a plan When all four of us kids crawled into the same bed to share body heat and blankets I cut loose with my very first all by myself prayerI prayed that Baby Jesus would send a couple angels to keep us warm..He didI have believed in the comfort of angels ever since.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 07:36 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,784,620 times
I like pie!!

Old 06-01-2007, 08:11 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,023,532 times
What a lovely poem Lily! That is so beautiful! I used to write poems when I was a young teenager...those days have been gone a while...lol Maybe someday I will find the inspiration to start writing again

This song I am going to put on here probably isn't really considered "uplifiting", but it is a song that really hits me in the bones everytime I hear it. The funny thing is, it isn't even a Christian song...it is secular. However, I always liked the song, but then I saw the video and WOW! I think there are A LOT of parents (especially MOTHERS) that can really relate to it...
I get goosebumps and teary eyes EVERYTIME I hear this song!

The first verse is about a son that is a drug dealer
The second verse is about a son that ends up with the wrong girl (3 letters being...sex) and gets AIDS

I'm not sure if I can post these lyrics or not (I'm sure the mods will let me know ) we'll see

A lonely mother gazing out of the window
staring at her son that she just can't touch
if at any time he's in a jam she'll be by his side
but he doesn't realize he hurts her so much
but all the praying just ain't helping at all
cuz he can't seem to keep his self out of trouble
so he goes out and he makes his money
the best way he knows how
another body layin cold in the gutter

Listen to me

Don’t go chasing waterfalls
please stick to the rivers
and the lakes that you’re used to
I know that you’re gonna have it
your way or nothing at all
but I think you're moving too fast

Little precious has a natural obsession
for temptation but he just can't see
she gives him loving that his body
can't handle but all he can say
is "baby is good to me"
one day he goes and take a glimpse in the mirror
but he doesn’t recognize his own face
his health is fading and he doesn’t know why
3 letters took him to his final resting place......

Y'all don’t you hear me

but I think your moving too fast(2x)

Come on

I seen a rainbow yesterday
but to many storms have come and gone
leaving a trace
of not one God giving ray
is it because
my life is ten shades of grey
I pray all ten fade away
seldom praise him for the seven days

and like his promise is true
only my faith can undo
the many chances I blew
to bring my life to anew
clear and blue and unconditional
skies have dried the tears from my eyes
no more lonely cries,
my only bleeding hope
is for the folk who can't cope
with such an endurin’ pain
that it keeps them in the pourin' rain
who's to blame for tootin’ caine into your own vein
what a shame you shoot and aim
for some one else’s blame
you claim the insane for
this day and time for falling
prey to crime I say the system's
got you victim to your own mind

dreams are hopeless aspirations
in hopes of coming true
believe in yourself
the rest is up to me and you

but I think your moving too fast

Old 06-02-2007, 05:55 AM

190 posts, read 688,233 times
I just got back from my praise walk. That's where I walk and talk to the Lord. I prayed for each of you this morning so I do hope you will all feel uplifted as you go about your day. God knows every detail about your lives and all of your concerns. He is moving, even now, so expect great things to happen. Be blessed everyone, for are all truly a blessing to me!

Old 06-02-2007, 06:08 AM

190 posts, read 688,233 times
Dear BLUE 62,

You and I have a lot in common. I love reading your stories about your childhood. It brings back memories to me.

Anyway, I don't know how uplifting this is, but I'll share it with you.
A few years ago, before my dad died, he wasn't feeling good. His landlord always gave my mom and dad a hard time. They hardly had any heat in the winter, and they always complained about something. Well, one day, my dad lost his temper while he was standing outside talking to the landlord.
There was a statue of Jesus in the front yard, and my dad knocked Jesus head off. The landlord called the police and two young detectives came to my parents house. My mom almost had a heart attack. The dectives had a talk with my dad for they saw he was elderly. He thought he was going to be hauled off to jail. He just had to pay for the damage to the statue of Jesus. Dad passed away, and we moved my mom into a nice christian assisted living home. We often laugh about what my dad did. I know Jesus forgave him.

Old 06-02-2007, 08:39 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,796,991 times
Default Good Morning All!

Hello, everyone. I have been away for just over a week now. I pop on every once and awhile, but I am working with dial up and also needing to try to rest alot. I wanted to give a shout out of praise and joy for my husband! He is the most wonderful, loving, husband a woman could ask for. About a week ago I travel to NC to visit my mother (with six kids and a new puppy in tow). My husband had advised me against it. He was concerned about my health, but I was sure that it would be more relaxing than being at home with the never ending supply of laundry and house work. (Not to mention that we have just bought a house across from my mother that I am jonesing to get to.) Well, I think the drive did me in. My fatigue hit an all time low. My husband came up a day later and sent me to bed. He did his best to keep the kids quiet and entertained. Well, I guess he was speaking to his sister and must have sounded very worried about me (and this is where I need to add praises for such a great SIL also). He was planning on heading home with the kids and leaving me behind to get some more rest, but since we had two vehicles here, I would need to drive home in a few days. My SIL decided that she would fly up to Charlotte and drive back with him and the kids, taking both cars and that way I would not have the 10 hour drive back home. God is Great! Family is Great!!! My husband is Awesome!! He has never had the responsibility of all the kids by himself, but he has taken this on with no reservations!!! I can't believe that I am here with nothing to do but sleep. I love my husband! Please say a prayer for his patience. My kids are 2-1/2, 4, 5, 6, and 15. He will need every ounce of patience he can muster!!!! Praise be to God!

Old 06-02-2007, 06:07 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,796,991 times
Good Evening Everyone! I would like to send out a praise report...today has been a very good day for me! My health seems to be returning to normal. I was able to take my mother shopping today and I was able to speak all day without slurring my words. (And that was after I'd had a beer) Praise be to God!!!!

Old 06-02-2007, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Arguys post about her 6 yr old reading the bible brought back a wonderful childhood memory of mine that I shared with my children and later the grandkids when they were old enough to start asking questions about Jesus, angels and all. I have posted several times about how poor my familywas.When I was about four years old it was winter and cold. The house we lived in had no electric so we used kerosene lanterns and heated and cooked with wood stoves. My mom and dad loved to read and my older sister and brother did too. They only had a few books that were read over and over. One night I had the bible upside down pretending to read it to my younger sister. Of course I was trying to relate my own version of the baby Jesus and the angels. Mom told me that if I said my prayers every night that God would answer them sooner or later. Bingo!!Little Bev had a plan When all four of us kids crawled into the same bed to share body heat and blankets I cut loose with my very first all by myself prayerI prayed that Baby Jesus would send a couple angels to keep us warm..He didI have believed in the comfort of angels ever since.
That is so sweet! I can actually picture it my mind too...awww, the innocence of little children...and now you're passing it on down the line...I'm sure He is smiling at you all!

Old 06-02-2007, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
Good Evening Everyone! I would like to send out a praise report...today has been a very good day for me! My health seems to be returning to normal. I was able to take my mother shopping today and I was able to speak all day without slurring my words. (And that was after I'd had a beer) Praise be to God!!!!
That is wonderful Weather! I am so glad to hear that you are doing so much better! Praise be to God on the highest!

Old 06-03-2007, 10:55 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,565,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittZ View Post
There is something interesting about this thread. I dont want to actually say it but I find it VERY interesting and insightful. If you see what I mean or if you are curious send me a PM.

Anyway, I am off today with the family to go see my parents in AZ and give them the bad news that we wont be moving and the GREAT news that we are pregnant. We told our small group last night after communion and it was wonderful to share with our friends.
Did any one pm britz about this? I did and it is very true I had the same thought as I am sure the rest of you did..What a blessing, thank you Lord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality