Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 11:38 AM

508 posts, read 1,676,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
congrats BrittZ, God will use strange stuff to keep you where He wants you. What an exciting year it's gonna be for you. Just had my third last July!

So true. Amen to that! How old are your kids, if you dont mind? I have two girls, one turned 9 this past weekend and then 3 1/2 (i have to remember the 1/2 as it is VERY important )

Last edited by brittZ; 05-31-2007 at 11:40 AM.. Reason: DOH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 11:43 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,912,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittZ View Post
So true. Amen to that! How old are your kids, if you dont mind? I have two girls, one turned 9 this past weekend and then 3 1/2 (i have to remember the 1/2 as it is VERY important )
I've got two boys, 11 and 9, and a 10 month old little girl. Hope you get your boy this time!! I know I know, we men tell people 'We don't care as long as it's healthy." Yeah, right, you know you'd love a little BrittZ boy!! I know you will be more than happy with a girl, but I'd imagine you'd like to have a boy. They are very very different and, IMHO, boys are MUCH easier.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:52 AM

508 posts, read 1,676,186 times
Yes you are correct. I am really hoping for a boy, but will be extatic either way. I am the only male under the age of 60 on both of my sides of the family so a boy to carry on the family would be such an amazing gift. Plus I'd love to balance the scales a little more in my favor

Old 05-31-2007, 11:52 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,763,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
They are very very different and, IMHO, boys are MUCH easier.
Very funny,Alpha. I've just spent my morning chasing my 1 1/2 yr. old son all over the house.

True as far as emotions go, though. Girls are ALL drama.
Sorry, didn't mean to get off topic.

Old 05-31-2007, 12:06 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,760,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Charlotte View Post
Very funny,Alpha. I've just spent my morning chasing my 1 1/2 yr. old son all over the house.

True as far as emotions go, though. Girls are ALL drama.
Sorry, didn't mean to get off topic.
Drama and girls tell me about it-lol between my wife and two daughters, no wonder some men disappear into the woods for weeks-haha jk I love em, drama and all

Old 05-31-2007, 12:11 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,800,785 times
Talking Praise the Lord and pass some pie!!!

Praise Reports:

Congrats to brittZ!! May everything go well for your family

Wife's back surgery successful and resulting blood clots in legs resolved -- well on road to full recovery...mother-in-law had 2nd eye surgery in 2 wks to correct pressure problems and avoid glaucoma -- another success! My two kids (boy 12 and girl 11) are finishing school year with flying colors! Job is going well, family getting along.. I could keep going, but think I'll stop here.

Thanks for this thread. I was sooo in need of being reminded to count blessings instead of getting frustrated. Thanks again -- great upbeat posts from all

Old 05-31-2007, 12:40 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,104,147 times
God is answering prayers all around me! Family situations in particular, some that I've been praying about for a long time...how good He is when I give up trying to fix everything myself and trust Him! HE LIVES!

Old 05-31-2007, 01:52 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,023,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
thefer was talking about her granddaughter saying the blessing at mealtime. It does my soul good that my grand kids sometimes argue over who gets to give the thanks So while the mashed potatoes get cold, we sometimes have to listen to four different blessings each one longer and more powerful than the last. One time the youngest one said "Amen" then promptly turned to her sister, stuck out her tongue, rolled her eyes and said,"How's That!!!"
Ohhh, I would love to get my kids more excited about prayer 'll keep working on it though
That is so cute that your grandkids like to pray so much! That's wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Britz..Now that is upbeat!!No happier news in my opinion?? I assume this is the first little britz? I am so happy Hey, Ya'll some of us are gonna be "cyber grannies"
Cyber Grannies...hey that's good! hey Brittz, let your wife know that you have a great big extended family out here praying for you and the new little one!

Old 05-31-2007, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittZ View Post
OK, I HAVE TO TELL YOU GUYS. My wife and I found out last night that we are pregnant!!! WOOHOOO!!!!!!!! I am so excited. Please keep our new little one in your prayers that he/she be safe and healthy. We are waiting to tell my parents until we see them this weekend, but I had to tell someone.
That is wonderful Brittz! I can't think of anything more exciting than having a baby!

Old 05-31-2007, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
Praise Reports:

Congrats to brittZ!! May everything go well for your family

Wife's back surgery successful and resulting blood clots in legs resolved -- well on road to full recovery...mother-in-law had 2nd eye surgery in 2 wks to correct pressure problems and avoid glaucoma -- another success! My two kids (boy 12 and girl 11) are finishing school year with flying colors! Job is going well, family getting along.. I could keep going, but think I'll stop here.

Thanks for this thread. I was sooo in need of being reminded to count blessings instead of getting frustrated. Thanks again -- great upbeat posts from all
This is wonderful news Mams! I am so glad to hear your blessings from God!

I do have a request for everyone! I don't want to go off topic here and post anything negative, so will you all please go to the prayer requests at the top of the forum and read the request I just posted?
Thank you all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality