Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 12:12 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,085,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
thanks dave

when/if you find that church, let me know, please. Unfortunately that's about all I've been able to find--unless I go to an ultra-conservative calvinist church.

Of course, if you're a calvinist, I'm sorry, don't mean to insult you--but I just don't believe that.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:12 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,563,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
when/if you find that church, let me know, please. Unfortunately that's about all I've been able to find--unless I go to an ultra-conservative calvinist church.

Of course, if you're a calvinist, I'm sorry, don't mean to insult you--but I just don't believe that.
I will.

Finding a good church in Omaha area

that isnt influenced by Bill Hybels and Rick Warren and Brian McLaren and his cult's deceptive beliefs or isnt a Word of Faith church is tough to find here.

I am not a calvinist but I am a fan of John MacArthur's.

A Little Leaven

Rapture Ready - Powered by vBulletin

Last edited by billiefan2000; 03-11-2008 at 04:54 PM..

Old 03-11-2008, 05:02 PM

I hear ya. I do like him, too. My wife and I went to a large area church that hired a pastor from Willow Creek. Since then the preaching has really gotten squishy.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:11 AM

2,589 posts, read 10,576,595 times
Quote:
I will.

Finding a good church in Omaha area

that isnt influenced by Bill Hybels and Rick Warren and Brian McLaren and his cult's deceptive beliefs or isnt a Word of Faith church is tough to find here.

I am not a calvinist but I am a fan of John MacArthur's.

A Little Leaven

Rapture Ready - Powered by vBulletin
If you are in Northwestern area of Omaha (which I think you said you were) I would really recommend you try Harvey Oaks - if memory serves me right probably about 150 people and I think it would meet your criteria.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:15 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,563,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
If you are in Northwestern area of Omaha (which I think you said you were) I would really recommend you try Harvey Oaks - if memory serves me right probably about 150 people and I think it would meet your criteria.
thanks dave

say is Harvey Oaks near Oakview Mall

I am not sure.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:25 AM

Quote:
thanks dave

say is Harvey Oaks near Oakview Mall

I am not sure.
Its around 144th and Center - I think on the Northwest corner behind a strip mall.

Its part of the Baptist General Conference

If memory is right they also have Our Savior's in Elkhorn, Center Baptist around 42nd & Center, Overland Hills in Papillion, and another one (forget the name) in South Omaha... None are huge churches (150-250?)

Since these are governed locally some BGC churches may have the influences you indicate you don't want and others will be real conservative and avoid those influense... Of the ones in Omaha Center and Harvey Oaks I would guess are the most conservative...

Old 04-06-2008, 02:29 PM

We visited Evangelical Bible Church today. I went a few weeks ago on Palm Sunday to check it out. Today I took the whole family. Our kids don't like visiting new churches, and then leaving a couple of weeks later, so I went by myself, then to our "regular" church together afterward.

As we were walking in, we saw a couple we used to go to church with at another church. They helped us find a Sunday School class, and then we sat by them in the regular service.

From what I've seen of the church, it's what you'd expect from a smaller-to-medium sized church. The pastor spoke from the Bible. He seems direct, not too slick, and just....real. Afterward, we went out to lunch with our old friends. We think we've found a new church home.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:28 PM

709 posts, read 2,185,637 times
Quote:
Does anybody know any good church's to go to on Sunday Mornings around the Omaha Nebraska area

LaVista Church of Christ

Old 04-08-2008, 10:42 AM

What denomination is that part of? Is it a stand-alone church, or does it affiliate itself with a larger organization? I didn't find a statement of faith on the site...I found a large amount of articles about different topics, but nothing concise enough to really get a feel for what they believe.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
What denomination is that part of? Is it a stand-alone church, or does it affiliate itself with a larger organization? I didn't find a statement of faith on the site...I found a large amount of articles about different topics, but nothing concise enough to really get a feel for what they believe.
I live in the area and am not familiar with it. Looked at the address and can't place it - based on the initial page didn't seem real strong in any firm statements of faith. I may real close to that address later today - my curiosity is up so might have to drive by and see what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality