Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2009, 04:14 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,458,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
None of the above.

The best is, of course, from the Maya themselves who say in their legends that the tomb lid represents Pacal's descent into the underworld. Who better to believe?
I am glad that you quoted Childress, as I read his works myself and use some of his own information on artifacts, but I do not agree with his interpretation of them, as I have a biblical world view and he does not.
Quote:
http://www.antiquescopes.com/Tiroch/Part%20A.htm (http://www.antiquescopes.com/Tiroch/Part%20A.htmthis - broken link)
This explanation is too conventional and does not explain the apparent machine from a culture supposedly without wheels or machinery. Some have suggested that this is a capsule, as in space capsule, with the orientation of the craft to be vertical rather than horizontal, as shown. Others believe it is some type of earthbound vehicle (perhaps built to negotiate the miles of tunnels found under the earth. ... we have an ancient man operating the dials of a machine, supported by a head rest, leaning forward, with evidence of some form of propulsion from the back.

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 09-21-2009 at 04:26 PM..

Old 09-21-2009, 04:25 PM

The Tri-Lobed Disc of Sabu
SCIENCE & ENVIRONMENT
March 12 - 18, 2009
The Epoch Times http://epoch-archive.com/a1/en/ca/yt...-Mar/12/B6.pdf

The s8intcom Blogger » Arsip blog » The Mysterious Egyptian Tri-Lobed Disc The mysterious tri-lobed disc of Sabu.
-"impeller blades"?
[

Old 09-21-2009, 05:35 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,630,095 times
yeshuasavedme,
Ok, I have to give you credit for the link to this unusual object. At least it's interesting and sparks the imagination. However, I understand that it's made out of rock and is very fragile which would rule out any use in anything mechanical which would require much more strength. I've read that some people believe that it's actually an oil lamp which was used in various rituals. In any case it's clearly not an example of advanced technology but rather a product of some excellent stone carving skills.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
yeshuasavedme,
Ok, I have to give you credit for the link to this unusual object. At least it's interesting and sparks the imagination. However, I understand that it's made out of rock and is very fragile which would rule out any use in anything mechanical which would require much more strength. I've read that some people believe that it's actually an oil lamp which was used in various rituals. In any case it's clearly not an example of advanced technology but rather a product of some excellent stone carving skills.
Thank you...
The item in question cannot even be made from the material it is made of, with the precision it is made using current technology of modern man. There are many more items displayed in an Egyptian museum from that same place, of which none can be made as they are, from the material they are, with the precision they are, today.
Ancient Egyptian Stone Technology - Lathe Turning - Spirit & Stone
[ancient] Lathe Turned Stone Housewares Cairo museum

Ancient Egyptian Stone Technology - Spirit & Stone

As to the function of the item, it is always a cop-out to claim "ceremonial ritualistic object". Barry fell showed the folly of that by the Smithsonian always claiming petrogyphs in the US west were "ceremonial magical rock art drawings" for the ancient "religious practices" of the inhabitants of the west; but many of those same petroglyphs have been translated [some are even in writing which Berber Africans can read -and did read, when shown them] and many say things like: "Watch out for snakes!", and "crush the head of all scorpions!"
Some are prayers to "allah"; some are prayers to "the virgin Mary", and some are school lessons on rock, a practice continued in recent centuries in some countries [celts]; and some are lessons on the globe of the earth for navigation, with equator, poles, longitudes and latitudes shown, and some are business records, and so on.
They came from many parts of the globe, and they left their writings here.

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 09-21-2009 at 09:00 PM..

Old 09-21-2009, 09:56 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,923,337 times
Default amazing assumptions.....

Old 09-22-2009, 04:48 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
The Tri-Lobed Disc of Sabu
SCIENCE & ENVIRONMENT
March 12 - 18, 2009
The Epoch Times http://epoch-archive.com/a1/en/ca/yt...-Mar/12/B6.pdf

The s8intcom Blogger » Arsip blog » The Mysterious Egyptian Tri-Lobed Disc The mysterious tri-lobed disc of Sabu.
-"impeller blades"?
[
Didn't mention that many people think its a foot oil lamp

Old 09-22-2009, 05:49 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,416,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
yeshuasavedme,
Even YSM's highly biased site claims that the Egyptians only knew how to work copper.

Not exactly a high tech metal, and not exactly a metal for high tech applications either.

The link mentions something about it being an "impeller". Anyone with any sort of mechanical apptitude (or internet access) would know an impeller is used to make liguids move, and thus needs to be shapped LIKE an impeller, ie the blades canted like a fan's blades.

It looks much more like a three wick oil lamp made to sit atop a pole to me.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:41 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virtue_summer View Post
Well truth has a lot of meanings. They may not be historically true but that doesn't render them untrue from a spritual or emotional sense. In any case I never said the Bible had to be revered as truth. I personally don't see it as inerrant or infallible myself, but I do think there's a lot of wisdom within those covers if one is willing to step away from the literal/historical worldview and just look at some of the stories.
And wisdom is not necessarily the same as truth.

BTW, how many meanings does "truth" have? Those who claim to have "faith" say that they have received the "truth". Are they wrong, in that you say the truth has a lot of meanings? Wouldn't that mean that the "truth" contains lies? If some "truth" is not historically true then it is false. In other words a lie. Throw in a "spiritual or emotional" argument and you are admitting those beliefs to contain lies.

Nothing so great about truths that are not true or can be viewed as having different "truths" to different people.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:43 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,923,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Thank you...
The item in question cannot even be made from the material it is made of, with the precision it is made using current technology of modern man.
Very assumptive, and driven by your complete ignorance of modern manufacturing methods. This object WAS made by the hand of man.
Look into powdered metal technologies, laser prototype resin formation, lost wax casting and CNC machining.

BTW, you mention precision: Our CNC shop can make things to less than 15 millions of an inch in precision. Not tight enough for you?

http://www.precise-inc.com/custom3.jpg (broken link)

Or this one. Look vaguely familiar? Unproducable?

http://www.jprosock.com/images/horseshoes.jpg

take a peek at this page, if you dare!

Yahoo! Image Detail for http://www.jprosock.com/images/horseshoes.jpg

Laser sintering rapid prototyping technology:

Selective Laser Sintering on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/organ_printer/878476066/ - broken link)

...which can easily produce...

RP nylon laser syntering on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/oneoff/1919263208/ - broken link)

or...

rapid prototyping test on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/thehyrax/2943573233/ - broken link)

or...

http://www.hoerdler.de/files/img/lef...n_8_detail.jpg

(those internal reverse threads would be a bytch to do any other way.)

We don't have advanced manufacturing technologies? What books do you read, YSM? The 1957 Annual Science Digest? Sheesh!

The items pictured are easily made by any number of methods, and out of any number of materials. Titanium, aluminum, ceramics (most likely), stone, pre-powdered and then cast, or laser interference resin prototyping. Then a nice plasma coat of titanium, and, voila, your "unmakable" oil lamp.

You have really ventured (happily run?) into conspiracy theory territory, as well acknowledging the types who insist they have been abducted, or that vast superior technologies preceded us, oddly leaving absolutely no physical traces but instead ambiguous carvings and etching.

You blindly read and believe (because you choose to, without adding in the "critical thinking" part...) that someone found that oil lamp, that it's somehow ancient. It was likely made in very modern times. Formed in a casting oven out of ceramics, which can be molded to any shape.

And if your ancient but vastly superior technologies existed, and were so superior, why are they no longer here? Why again?

Vastly superior technologies leaving nothing but crude etchings and vegetable die paintings on cave rocks? Obsidian spear points instead of plasma coated steel alloy spear points? Why spears at all? Where's the ray guns? Where's the un-erodable titanium-shelled temple or buildings? Where are the vaults in your so-called "miles of underground tunnels" that no-one's ever found? (We're not talking about the naturally formed but very rough Carlsbad Caverns here, but something like a laser-burrowed mining tunnel with the necessary internal support structures or a fused material hard wall. You know; advanced technology stuff.)

Where is all this stuff again? Photos? Geologist's reports? Oh, I forgot; scientists are hiding all of this, right? A vast global conspiracy that no-one has ever "leaked" or exposed.

Alternately we have such quality stuff as this, which I found when Googling "Hidden underground tunnel networks" (my highlights, for humor and drama, in blue):

"According to the Brotherhood of the White Temple in Sedalia, Colorado, entitled Mysteries of Mount Shasta, that it is Atlanteans, not Lemurians, who inhabit Mt. Shasta. Though the Lemurians had indeed created vast, underground pleasure palaces beneath the mountain, they had lost their freedom in a great war with the Atlanteans, and remain imprisoned by the Atlanteans in their pleasure palaces even today. "After their retreat, the Atlantean victors sealed the entrance and established an elaborate guard system which prohibits the Lemurians to ever escape their bondage. The Atlanteans, Dr. Doreal states, still reside in their colony beneath Mt. Shasta and commute every three months by strange cigar-shaped airships to an area in the South Pacific in order to check the sealed entrance of the imprisoned Lemurians." It is these aircraft, some say, that accounts for the occasional appearances of UFOs above Mt. Shasta."

Riiiigggghhtttt.... Any more humorous anecdotes? Anyone? Anyone?

Oh yeah: Dr. Doreal?

http://bwtinc.org/default.aspx

("Send money. Soon." BTW, YSM: you a member by chance?)

(Oh look! Logic and reason just flew on by in an odd cigar-shaped spaceship, lost for all time!)

Last edited by rifleman; 09-22-2009 at 10:25 AM..

Old 09-22-2009, 10:45 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,630,095 times
What I see happening here is that when we just don't have any historical records for something we discover that would explain what it is and what it's used for then people just make up goofball stories. If we didn't have a detailed account of some of the advances in architecture that led to the construction of some of the cathedrals in Europe we'd be reading books about alien engineers or miracles from God. We really just need to give credit where it's due. People who lived hundreds or even thousands of years ago were just as intelligent as people today and they developed very sophisticated skills that didn't require electricity or modern tools to work with the materials that they used such as stone. Because modern technology has replaced the need for those skills they've been lost to history but this tri-lobed disc is just an example of that kind of skill.
But getting back on topic, there is one particular item that we're not going to discover and that is Noah's Ark, because even a skilled woodworker with 600 years of experience couldn't construct a wooden vessel of that size that would be seaworthy. A guy in the Netherlands built a wooden replica but had to place it on top of a metal hull to keep it from sinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.