Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 02:09 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,641,043 times

Advertisements

yeshuasavedme wrote:
Quote:
Why don't you do yourself a favor and begin looking into the technology of the ancients by reading books on the subjects, which books report ancient records and artifacts, complete with pictures and site locations and museums, both private and public?
You can write anything in a book but that doesn't make it reality. I'm completely open to any evidence that can be physically examined and documented but I don't see any point in reading a book filled with alot of far fetched stories based on a wild imagination. Is anyone in possession of any high tech device that has been proven to be ancient and is available for public viewing? You posted a photo you're claiming is a depiction of an airplane which is probably a stylized depiction of a bird but has anyone actually found an ancient airplane itself? Obviously not. Your boring machine is just an artistic piece although I will admit that it's boring.
To make a strong case for your belief in ancient high technology you're going to have to deliver the goods and present us with an actual physical device, piece of machinery or anything that is complex enough in it's construction to back up your claims.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:57 PM

31 posts, read 67,246 times
If adults continue to believe this tale when provided with the evidence to the contrary, they really should be sterilised to protect future generations from their stupidity.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:59 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,685,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomdido View Post
If adults continue to believe this tale when provided with the evidence to the contrary, they really should be sterilised to protect future generations from their stupidity.
OMG!!! you just made me choke on my coffee!!! Great post

Old 09-21-2009, 03:05 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,963,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Now, some believe the tomb lid of Paschal in Peru, above, [found under 17 feet of stone? -I think it was] is evidence of Paschal flying an aircraft, but I think Paschal is at the wheel of a tunnel boring machine.
None of the above.

"The widely accepted interpretation of the sarcophagus lid is that Pakal is descending into Xibalba, the Maya underworld. Around the edges of the lid are glyphs representing the Sun, the Moon, Venus, and various constellations, locating this event in the nighttime sky. Below him is the Maya water god, who guards the underworld. Beneath Pakal are the "unfolded" jaws of a dragon or serpent, into whose mouth Pakal descends. This is a common iconographic representation of the entrance to the underworld." - Michael Finley, "Von Daniken's Maya Astronaut" (Website)

"A more credible, and in fact, as interesting an explanation for the sarcophagus lid of Lord Pacal is that the engraved relief represents a division of the universe in three layers; the Upper World, the Middle World, and the Underworld." - David Hatcher Childress, "Lost Cities of North and Central America" (1992)

"Frozen in a perpetual fall, Pacal, the great ruler of Palenque, drops at the instant of death into the jaws sf an underworld monster, just as the sun sinks each day in the west. This interpretation holds that, again, like the sun, he will ascend into the heavens, thus fulfilling a cosmic cycle." - Howard LaFay, National Geographic, "The Maya, Children of Time" (December 1975)

The best is, of course, from the Maya themselves who say in their legends that the tomb lid represents Pacal's descent into the underworld. Who better to believe?

Last edited by Fullback32; 09-21-2009 at 03:15 PM..

Old 09-21-2009, 03:10 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,462,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
yeshuasavedme wrote:

You can write anything in a book but that doesn't make it reality. I'm completely open to any evidence that can be physically examined and documented but I don't see any point in reading a book filled with alot of far fetched stories based on a wild imagination.
You consider Darwin's writings reality and you have never physically handled any evidence that proves Darwin's fables are true [nor can you] and Darwin made up stories, as his biography states, from his childhood - he told "lies".

I gave you information about finding and reading for yourself books with hard evidence recorded in them of ancient artifacts, now residing in many places around the globe, where you can go looky see for yourself, and you come back with a condemnation of your own acceptance of Darwin!

Old 09-21-2009, 03:45 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,641,043 times
yeshuasavedme wrote:
Quote:
You consider Darwin's writings reality and you have never physically handled any evidence that proves Darwin's fables are true [nor can you] and Darwin made up stories, as his biography states, from his childhood - he told "lies".

I gave you information about finding and reading for yourself books with hard evidence recorded in them of ancient artifacts, now residing in many places around the globe, where you can go looky see for yourself, and you come back with a condemnation of your own acceptance of Darwin!
I have physically seen fossil evidence with my own eyes in museums in a number of different countries which do prove evolution is a fact. There is so much fossil evidence that they have to store most of it because the museums don't have room for all of it. I've also dug up fossils myself.
You didn't actually present evidence of a complex manufactured item that was built in ancient times and references to books don't prove anything. Let me ask you again. Can you simply name one specific item that can be viewed by the public anywhere in the world that has been proven to have been constructed in ancient times and is an example of advanced technology from that era? Fossils are real and can be studied and viewed by anyone in thousands of locations including the University of Washington's collection of about 45,000 fossils. I see you live in Seattle where I lived for many years so you can see them for yourself. However, ancient advanced technology is not real unless you can prove it by presenting us with even a single example. I don't think you'll find one at the U of W.

Old 09-21-2009, 03:45 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,685,114 times
Quote:

Darwins all you got? You need to bounce into the century we are actually in. We have gone a lot further than Darwin.!! And no you give us creationist propaganda and clear out frauds. Fail again.

Old 09-21-2009, 03:56 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,406,763 times
For one thing the book of Jasher is not in the bible. Not that I believe the bible...but still. There is no way that animals migrated from the ark to where they are now. I could just see a gila monster tromping along to it's island in the pacific, passing up a cute little kiwi bird trying to find New Zealand, and NOT eating it! How silly! Could you imagine the mud!? The large cows and elephants would have gotten stuck. It would take a very long time for the land to dry out. And what did all of the herbivores eat along the way. I'm pretty sure any substantial amount of vegetation would have taken some time to grow.

Old 09-21-2009, 03:57 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,420,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virtue_summer View Post
So my mom was wrong to teach me about "the boy who cried wolf" and George Orwell was wrong to write Animal Farm and Dante should have burned The Divine Comedy and Plato's Allegory of the Cave should be banned from discussion in philosophy classes. Got it.
Are those taught as facts?

Old 09-21-2009, 04:08 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,057,629 times
Quote:
Over the past several decades, South African miners have found hundreds of metallic spheres...
Err, keep woo woo evidence out of my country esp when you cite other woo woo publications.

Refuted:
An Interim Report

In the NBC program The Mysterious Origins of Man the following claims were made by Charlton Heston
In Klerksdorp, South Africa, hundreds of metallic spheres were found by miners in Precambrian strata said to be a fantastic 2.8 billion years old. The controversy centers around fine grooves encircling some of the spheres. Lab technicians were at a loss to explain how they could have been formed by any known, natural process.
In the above comments, The Mysterious Origins of Man is vague in two matters. First, as noted in Forbidden Archeology, the mystery spheres actually come from wonderstone quarries closer to Ottosdal, West Transvaal, South Africa than Klerksdorp. Saying that these spheres come from in Klerksdorp is confusing as it implies incorrectly that these nodules come from local gold mines. This lead to incorrect speculation on the basis of this bad data that they were pyrite concretions from the gold-bearing quartzite conglomerates. Finally, this video fails to name who the lab technicians that examined these spheres were. As a result, it is impossible to make any assessment of their expertise and credibility.

More..
Charlton Heston, the same guy who starred in the documentaries of the Ten Commandments and Ben Hur?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality