Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 02:30 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,105,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I know that a Rhino can be killed with a spear, yet according to the Bible, a spear, or arrow will have no effect on the Leviathan.
Yes and according to the Bible snakes and donkeys can talk.

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
The thing is most of the world's Christians are not Fundamentalists or Evangelicals in the narrow sense. (Pretty much all Christianity is evangelical, but Evangelical means something slightly different) You, and many of the Christians here, are taking a small slice of Christianity and extrapolating from that that there is an established Christian idea on dinosaurs or biology or physics or whatever. And I just don't think that's so. I doubt even the Southern Baptist Council or Lutheran Church Missouri-Synod has any documents specifically discussing dinosaurs. (I picked two groups that are officially/semi-officially Creationist)
Most Churches are not interested in documenting or speaking about issues the will make them look Religulous.

Regards
DL

Old 07-14-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
there are monsters mentioned in the Bible, could it be that that is what they spoke of ? could it be that in the part of the world (middle east) there were no dinasours to have been seen in Biblical times. At that time im not sure the writers had any idea how big the world was, I mean, in the 15 th centurey people thought the world was flat, so what did people think in biblical times
If you want to believe in the monsters of the Bible then Revelation has a seven headed one and Genesis has a talking snake.

One has to wonder who taught the snake to talk. Oops, he is dead from venom.

Regards
DL

Old 07-14-2009, 02:52 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,546,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Most Churches are not interested in documenting or speaking about issues the will make them look Religulous.

Regards
DL
Hmm some sort-of Maher dittohead then. Sorry to waste both our time.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:10 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Apparently the center top carving has been found to be a forgery but that aside, stylized paintings and carvings are not uncommon.
These compared to whole skeletons that are hundreds of thousands of years old are poor evidence indeed.

Even the last two popes have endorsed evolution. I think it time for all Religionists do the same.

Regards
DL
Could you please give us the link that shows the center top carving to be a forgery. Because I know most of what is stated about these carvings are usually without any scientific review. And in most cases, I would like to see who or how they came to that conclusion.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:43 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
In the Book of Job dinosaurs are spoken of, and there are numerous examples of dinosaurs in ancient art. Consider the link below. You will see a Triceratops, and a T-Rex type dinosaur on Ica burial stones.

omniology.com
The stones were created by local villagers to sell to gullible tourists. Two peasants from Callango, Basilio Uchuya and his wife, Irma Gutierrez de Aparcana, have admitted to carving the stones they sold to Cabrera, basing their designs on illustrations from comic books, school books, and magazines.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:09 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The stones were created by local villagers to sell to gullible tourists. Two peasants from Callango, Basilio Uchuya and his wife, Irma Gutierrez de Aparcana, have admitted to carving the stones they sold to Cabrera, basing their designs on illustrations from comic books, school books, and magazines.
...So don't let anyone try to tell you that Erich von Daniken isn't alive.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:50 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Here's something that should heat up the subject about the dinos. A shocking carving of a stegosaur was found on a stone column at the ruins of the Angkor Wat Temple complex in Cambodia. I'm not sure how old the carving is, but it's very old. The complex itself is over 900 years old. The carving is real and depicts a real creature. How would anyone that long ago know what a stegosaur looked like? Was it from bones they found? Nope, because as you'll see, the creature fleshed out. What do you think?

Although I'm no expert about Cambodia, I do have family and friends in neighboring Thailand and I'm quite aware of the carving. You'll need to scroll down the page to see closeup photos of it. I'll leave it for you to wonder about for now.

Dinosaurs in ancient Cambodian temple

Old 07-14-2009, 10:35 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

Just as there are fake fossils, so we have fake Inc burial stones. Yet to assume that the tens of thousands are all fakes would be ridiculous. In 1535 Father Simon who was a Jesuit missionary asked this question. What are all these strange animals found on these Ica burial stones? And he sent a number of these stones back to Spain. So historically, we know such strange animals have existed on these stones. And when it comes to the fakes, they look like the fakes they are, and are of lesser quality then the real stones from ancient times.

In 1970, Dr. Swift was a true believer in evolution, who also believed that the Ica burial stones were fakes. Yet it was during this time he was involved in the exploration of a Nazcan tomb. It was near sunset whe he states that a single shaft of light came through the entrance of the cave. And it illuminated a single Ica Stone. And when that happened he froze transfixed by this image from the past. And before him, for the first time he clearly saw carved on the stone, a dinosaur.

On that day Dr. Swift came to this conclusion.

"What this image revealed to me was that evolutionism's geologic column and fine tuned intellectual tower of time with its yawning gap of sixty five million years between dinosaurs and man, was merely a myth."

Old 07-14-2009, 10:42 PM

305 posts, read 1,233,692 times
Quote:
What Is The Christian View On The Dinosaur?

Dino museum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31mlbB8KFmY
This museum has received much criticism from the scientific community who see the timeline for creation to go well beyond 6 days and deny that man walked with dinosaurs.
If dinosaurs were around in the days of Noah then I cannot see how the arch would have held all the animals and the only animals mentioned in scripture are basically the animals we have today. There are ample ancient cave drawings, pictures and sculptures of early man but not a one of the largest animals to ever live. Why the ancient art world would have ignored this is unclear.

Is science wrong?
Is the Bible wrong?
If on the arch then where are the dinosaurs today?

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=47681

Regards
DL

they couldnt fit in the boat.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality