Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 02:51 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,697,147 times

Advertisements

you can be a good moral loving person that doesnt fully worship god and if there is a god he will understand and let you in the pearly gates, if he is not it isnt somewhere i want to be. I dont reject god, just most the things that hapened in the bible, I dont know if there is a god, there is a difference.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:56 PM

5 posts, read 11,408 times
Default Heaven and Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
I don't need proof! I consciously choose not to believe your religion. I don't care if you think I'm going to hell.
I am a Christian and I don't think you are going to hell. I think you will go to heaven just like millions of others who are shocked to learn upon ariving that Jesus is the only door to the heavenly hereafter. And you will be accepted based on your trust in The Being of Light that you will meet for the second time because you once knew Him before you volenteered to come to this earth and live a lifetime.

skipbaker@cox.net

Old 04-02-2007, 02:59 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,466,172 times
Default I saw it coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Okay. Just let me ask you this...if there were a heaven and a hell and you died today, do you know where you would go? Doesn't it just make more sense to assume that there is an after life and live like there is a God, rather than run the risk of living like there is no God and finding out you were wrong and spending ETERNITY (not just 70 or 80 years as in this life) in hell? I can see that plainly you want answers from me and you're probably not going to read Mark's book, so fire away.
Hell is not a place to me but if I died today and went to the hell as described in the bible, I would have no regrets because I lived my life true to myself. Besides, judging from how alot of religious folks act, I would want to be as far away from them as possible.

Since were on the subject of Pasqual's Wager, what if you are wrong? What if the Hindu's had it right all along?

Old 04-02-2007, 03:05 PM

5,918 posts, read 3,819,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I dont think it (evolution) is any more unbelievely stupid an idea than that man comes from dirt and a woman his rib. Or the idea of talking snakes or Noahs ark or parting of the red sea or walking on water or a burning bush!!! I just dont buy the whole earthlis 7000 years old, sorry cant rule out science on that one. Or the violent rules that sometimes apply in the bible or the fact I havent met one non judgemental christian yet. Or the fact there are so many discrepincies in the bible and gospels left out.
For a non-believer, you sure know your Bible stories. God created us and the world....you think He can't destroy what He created or part a sea? Science, schmience. I really wish you would read the book. Unbelievers always see believers as being "judgmental" and you are right, there are those Christians who have a holier than thou attitude. That's why you don't take what you see or hear as truth - you find it for yourself, after giving your life over to Jesus. Why Jesus first? Because it just doesn't make sense unless you do.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:08 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,697,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
For a non-believer, you sure know your Bible stories. God created us and the world....you think He can't destroy what He created or part a sea? Science, schmience. I really wish you would read the book. Unbelievers always see believers as being "judgmental" and you are right, there are those Christians who have a holier than thou attitude. That's why you don't take what you see or hear as truth - you find it for yourself, after giving your life over to Jesus. Why Jesus first? Because it just doesn't make sense unless you do.
Who said I was a non believer? I just think a few editors ofthe bible put their own spin on it to get people to be afraid and follow the ways. People back then needed it, and didntknow any better.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:09 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,466,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipbaker View Post
I am a Christian and I don't think you are going to hell. I think you will go to heaven just like millions of others who are shocked to learn upon ariving that Jesus is the only door to the heavenly hereafter. And you will be accepted based on your trust in The Being of Light that you will meet for the second time because you once knew Him before you volenteered to come to this earth and live a lifetime.

skipbaker@cox.net
I don't think heaven and hell are places and I don't think believing in jesus is the only way to eternal bliss.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:09 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,451,821 times
Why do you think your version of god is any better than Zeus, or Krishna?

You can believe all you want, but you cannot provide evidence.

Arguing about Evolution is just plain dumb, it happened the evidence is there. Not even worth discussing, like arguing over whether fingernails grow.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Hell is not a place to me but if I died today and went to the hell as described in the bible, I would have no regrets because I lived my life true to myself. Besides, judging from how alot of religious folks act, I would want to be as far away from them as possible.

Since were on the subject of Pasqual's Wager, what if you are wrong? What if the Hindu's had it right all along?

Hey!! You know I didn't even know about Pasqual's Wager until I read this book. What an intensely brilliant yet completely common sense wager! If you read the book, you will see why the Hindu's don't have it right. Living life true to yourself is complete nonsense. Who do you think instilled in you the moral code that you have? Think that evolved? And those "religious folks" you mentioned probably won't be in heaven. Like I said, it has nothing to do with religion.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:14 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,451,821 times
Yawn,, why do Christians feel the need to witness, is this a compulsion with the type of person who becomes a Christian.

NorthSouth, pursuing women of uncertain virtue is a lot more fun that worrying about whether you are going to fry in olive oil for eternity.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Why do you think your version of god is any better than Zeus, or Krishna?

You can believe all you want, but you cannot provide evidence.

Arguing about Evolution is just plain dumb, it happened the evidence is there. Not even worth discussing, like arguing over whether fingernails grow.

First of all, it's not "my version". It is THE VERSION. I don't need to provide evidence, and it's not blind faith. "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear". Hebrews 11:3. No one throughout time has "seen" God. No one. Representations of God in the Old Testament, and Jesus Christ his Son, as a man, in the New Testament. And just as we all are condemned to die, no one has ever come back to life to attest to what is beyond this life. Jesus is the only one who arose from the dead, but only to prove He was who He said He was. He spent 40 days making sure that there were plenty of witnesses to the fact that He died on the cross and then rose from the dead. No one escapes death. We don't need all the answers, people!!! Deep down you all know that what I am saying is the truth. So what if you are persecuted!! Stand tall for the Lord, because it makes no difference what any one human being thinks of you, only God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality