Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 12:27 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times

Advertisements

I'm so sad. I was just going to ask if you'd lend it me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Nevermind. I didn't read the book, only the test and the info afterwards. As GBG said, I'm not willing to spend my money on your propaganda. If you would like to send me a copy, I would read it with an open mind and get back to you.

Last edited by ontheroad; 04-02-2007 at 01:33 PM..

Old 04-02-2007, 01:15 PM

923 posts, read 3,513,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Why, Christianity sprung from Judaism, yet Judaism has neither heaven nor hell, nor Satan, can you help me out here?

I HAVE read "Dante's Inferno" ....
And I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express. lol

Old 04-02-2007, 01:20 PM

923 posts, read 3,513,701 times
Exclamation Dear NorthSouth:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Hey all you atheists, unbelievers, doubters and sitting on the fencers...here's your answers to every single argument you could possibly think of. Read it and weep, cause if you don't get it after this you're going to hell. I used to think scare tactics were cruel, but you gotta do what you gotta do to get people to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour and repent of their sins. I am the first to admit I am not equipped to handle what Satan and his army throw at me as far as questions, disbelief and needing "proof", but let me tell you this young man who wrote this book is soooo prepared.

Name of Author: Mark Cahill
Name of Book: One Heartbeat Away
Publisher: BDM Publishing

He also has a first book that he wrote called "One Thing You Can't Do In Heaven", which I haven't read but you can bet your doubting minds that I will. My son came home from church one Wednesday evening with Mr. Cahill's book, and don't think it is by accident. I've been praying and waiting for something like this that I could refer unbelievers to...other than the Bible, of course. But since you all seem to have such a problem with the world's best-selling book, maybe you will read this one. Don't even think about responding to this post unless you have read this book. I'm not going to argue with you.
Sweetie If you Truly believe this, try not to judge others.
Respect their beliefs as you would want them to respect yours

"By their LOVE(not animosity nor hatred)You shall know my people"

"Judge Not, Lest Ye be Judged..."
"I am with you(believer or not) Till the end of Time"(there is no end)

Old 04-02-2007, 01:32 PM

3 posts, read 6,560 times
Default pushiness does not bring souls to Christ

Northsouth,
One of the most important lessons you need to learn is that God wants His people with an open and willing heart. We are to speak with truth and love in our hearts, not turn people off by comments that only put others on the defensive. We should also lead by example. If God does not force us to believe who are we to push our beliefs on others. God gives us all a choice to accept or reject Him. If I were not a believer I would have been totally turned off by your thread. Also, bear in mind that we are responsible for sharing our beliefs with love and respect and we are to leave the consequences of our sharing to God. Anything else would imply that we do not trust God with the seeds we "plant."

Old 04-02-2007, 01:57 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,796,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
I don't need proof! I consciously choose not to believe your religion. I don't care if you think I'm going to hell.
Okay. Just let me ask you this...if there were a heaven and a hell and you died today, do you know where you would go? Doesn't it just make more sense to assume that there is an after life and live like there is a God, rather than run the risk of living like there is no God and finding out you were wrong and spending ETERNITY (not just 70 or 80 years as in this life) in hell? I can see that plainly you want answers from me and you're probably not going to read Mark's book, so fire away.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:59 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,271,498 times
Red face Questions about Christianity

This thread began with a challenge about reading a book and most of you didn't exactly thrill to the idea of that. So I hate to go down this road again, BUT I'm going to! Anyone that is genuinely seeking answers about Christ and Christianity should read "Letters from a Skeptic" by Gregory A. Boyd. (It is not a "scare tactics" book, I promise!) It is rather an intellectual and philosophically written book which addresses the questions/objections that many non-believers express about Christianity. It is readily available on Amazon.com, but hey if you don't want to "waste" your money on it, but would actually read it if you had a copy, send me a private message with your address and I'll send you one.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:01 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,435,009 times
All religions were created by some very smart advanced people who knew it would solve alot of problems and gain them alot of money and power...that is why religion and GOD exist in my humble opinion.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
I have no intention of reading your book, did you see the one he wrote supporting Islam, and the one supporting Hinduism? Well, he didn't but you may rest assured someone of those faiths wrote a book similar in tone.

That you put credence in superstition is fine, but I shan't waste my money buying it, if you would like to send me a copy that is fine.

Here is the problem for me, somehow Satan, got from Babylon to skipping Christianity skipping Judaism, dunno how,, I need help here.
I have noticed from all of these "religion" threads that you are a big participant. I want to help you because you are clearly seeking answers. I will be more than happy to send you a copy of the book if you will promise to read it. As far as Satan, I'm not sure what you are asking. Someone posed a question to a Christian in a documentary I watched like this: "So, you're saying that all this boils down to is a battle between good and evil?" His reply was simply, "Yes".

Old 04-02-2007, 02:06 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times
I really value and appreciate this response. If you've followed other threads here in the dark waters of P&oC, you might clearly see and almost instantly that there are those that do, and those that don't subscribe to formalized religion.

Offering up "all the answers" isn't going to bring any sheep into the fold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntosado View Post
Northsouth,
One of the most important lessons you need to learn is that God wants His people with an open and willing heart. We are to speak with truth and love in our hearts, not turn people off by comments that only put others on the defensive. We should also lead by example. If God does not force us to believe who are we to push our beliefs on others. God gives us all a choice to accept or reject Him. If I were not a believer I would have been totally turned off by your thread. Also, bear in mind that we are responsible for sharing our beliefs with love and respect and we are to leave the consequences of our sharing to God. Anything else would imply that we do not trust God with the seeds we "plant."

Old 04-02-2007, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Nevermind. I didn't read the book, only the test and the info afterwards. As GBG said, I'm not willing to spend my money on your propaganda. If you would like to send me a copy, I would read it with an open mind and get back to you.

Fair enough...I will be glad to do the same for you as GBG. And I knew you were lying about reading it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality