Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2024, 10:14 PM

328 posts, read 262,183 times

Advertisements

I often wonder why a lot of people have a hard time grasping this. I mean at the end of the day, you are who you are. You are living as the person you are right now.

Who's to say that if you were born on December 19th 1980, that when you die, you will be born again on that same exact date to do it all over again?

A lot of people want proof of the afterlife, but what about the proof that you are living as the person that you are right now? Is that not proof enough?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2024, 10:46 PM

50,762 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post
I often wonder why a lot of people have a hard time grasping this. I mean at the end of the day, you are who you are. You are living as the person you are right now.

Who's to say that if you were born on December 19th 1980, that when you die, you will be born again on that same exact date to do it all over again?

A lot of people want proof of the afterlife, but what about the proof that you are living as the person that you are right now? Is that not proof enough?
That's interesting!

Old 04-07-2024, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
That's interesting!
Thank you. It seems to make the most sense then any other theory.

Old 04-07-2024, 07:06 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,443,647 times
Quote:

Just to be clear, are you speaking of reincarnation, or is it more of a Bill Murray's Groundhog Day type thing going on? (Which would be more of a Groundhog Life)

Old 04-07-2024, 08:15 AM

17,772 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
Just to be clear, are you speaking of reincarnation, or is it more of a Bill Murray's Groundhog Day type thing going on? (Which would be more of a Groundhog Life)
His theory is close... and you are close.

I believe that we live the same life over and over up until the point that we see the movie Groundhog Day.... And at that point we live the day that we saw the movie Groundhog Day over and over.

Old 04-07-2024, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
Each time you're reborn, you have free will to do what ever you want. I know this because I have free will. What I do not have free will over is my own death.

Since our bodies break down over time, we have to die in order to live again for we are biological entities.

I do not remember any of my previous lives. But that is because there is nothing to remember. How can you remember anything from your past lives if you can't even remember your birth? You die and restart over in the life that you are living right now.

Now even though I do not remember my birth, what you and I 100% do know what happened is that we were born on a specific date at a specific time. What you and I DO 100% know is that we WILL die on a specific date at a specific time.

If you think about it, you know both of these events will occur at specific times. You do not however remember your birth, nor will you remember your death. There is a reason we do not remember either of these, yet know they both happen.

We have no free will over our birth nor do we have free will over our death.

Last edited by blue777; 04-07-2024 at 08:41 AM..

Old 04-07-2024, 08:50 AM

I would like to leave you all with this last thing that really makes sense.

We always hear the only thing guaranteed in this life is death.

But that is only the partial truth.

The FULL TRUTH is the only things we are guaranteed in this life are death AND BIRTH

Think about it..........

Old 04-07-2024, 09:01 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
I would like to leave you all with this last thing that really makes sense.

We always hear the only thing guaranteed in this life is death.

But that is only the partial truth.

The FULL TRUTH is the only things we are guaranteed in this life are death AND BIRTH

Think about it..........
Don't forget taxes!

Old 04-07-2024, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Don't forget taxes!
Right. Can't forget about those!

Old 04-07-2024, 09:12 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Because we dismissed it the first 100 times and so are doomed to dismiss it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality