Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2024, 03:17 PM

966 posts, read 514,798 times

Advertisements

All the available scientific evidence says that when we die our bodies return to their base elements. That is how the matter is changed. Not created or destroyed, but merely changed. Anything beyond this fact is pure conjecture w/o any proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2024, 05:59 PM

19,016 posts, read 27,562,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenMM View Post
All the available scientific evidence says that when we die our bodies return to their base elements. That is how the matter is changed. Not created or destroyed, but merely changed. Anything beyond this fact is pure conjecture w/o any proof.
This is absolutely correct. Just one correction. As bodies decompose (bones and teeth take VERY long time to do so), elements, BORROWED from The Nature to build it, are being returned.
It may sound same, but there is slight spiritual aspect to this. As we own NOTHING, even our bodies are on borrowed time. yet, we blatantly go through our lives, claiming, My body, My money, My house, My car, and so on.

Old 04-07-2024, 06:02 PM

OP, why don't you change "electricity" concept to "energy" concept? That'll make it work, though will become trivial, done before many times. And you could come up with some cool terms, like "energy cocoon, wandering the planet searching for foetus".

Old 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM

9,325 posts, read 12,995,234 times
This is among your better science fiction creative writing treatments. You could potentially turn this one into a solid short story. Maybe jazz it up by working in Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Edison, Nikola Tesla, and/or other early electrical pioneers.

Old 04-08-2024, 10:29 AM

58 posts, read 8,581 times
I would say spirit and souls are made from dark energy which happens to be the most common form of energy and cannot be detected.You would be able to detect anything that interacts with electromagnetic energy and spirits cannot be detected.Scoence has to be able to measure the energy and it can't be done with spirit.They say when a spirit manifest itself it draws all the heat energy around it to be visible.Many say the room goes ice cold.

Old 04-08-2024, 04:42 PM

19,956 posts, read 13,450,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul888 View Post
I would say spirit and souls are made from dark energy which happens to be the most common form of energy and cannot be detected.You would be able to detect anything that interacts with electromagnetic energy and spirits cannot be detected.Scoence has to be able to measure the energy and it can't be done with spirit.They say when a spirit manifest itself it draws all the heat energy around it to be visible.Many say the room goes ice cold.
Even science can't produce dark energy for examination -- it is indirectly hypothesized basically because the equations don't balance out any other way, but there is an alternative minority position that states entropy is not being properly calculated and that can account for things. Yet it is popular with apologists. In fact I daresay that the phrase "dark matter" is cropping up in parasychological and religious writing almost as often as "quantum" has been omnipresent since Deepak Chopra came along.

In any event you can only speculate that souls are made of dark energy, or even that souls exist to begin with. It still is an article of religious faith.

Old 04-08-2024, 08:43 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post
I'm open minded to anything that has to do with the afterlife and in my opinion, I believe this is what takes place when when we die.

So our bodies have electricity. When we die, that electricity exits the body. But where does it go? Energy cannot be created nor destroyed.

When we die, that electricity makes home to a developing fetus. The electricity is able to reside in the fetus at around 5.5 to 6 weeks which is when the heart begins to beat. The heart begins to beat because of the deceased persons electricity.

Electricity travels 60-80 percent of the speed of light according to scientists, so it's nearly instantaneous. No matter where on the planet the deceased individual is, it will find a new body to reside in even if that body is on the other side of the planet.

If the individual dies and there is no fetus near the 5.5-6 week mark then that electricity will continue to roam until it finds a fetus that has reached that mark.

Animals also have electricity, but we cannot come back in the body of an animal because the electricity has genetic code and it's incompatible.

However...... It may be entirely possible that we could take the bodies of gorillas and monkeys and vice versa since we are 98 percent identical.

My HO: none of this is of much consequence if our consciousness, the thing that makes is say, "I'm So-and-So, I've had these experiences in my life that made my personality like this...." simply turns into unconscious electrical energy. In the final analysis, I suppose whether we're energy without any awareness zapping through the universe or everything that makes us, US simply vanishes in a puff of smoke doesn't make a bit of difference. I could do either but of course in either case I'd be completely ignorant of any of it.

Old 04-08-2024, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahAstin View Post
This is among your better science fiction creative writing treatments. You could potentially turn this one into a solid short story. Maybe jazz it up by working in Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Edison, Nikola Tesla, and/or other early electrical pioneers.
Hey, there is a very peculiar and completely not understood by science phenomenon.
Ball lightning.
Falls right into the category of what OP describes.

Ball lightning is a rare and unexplained phenomenon described as luminescent, spherical objects that vary from pea-sized to several meters in diameter. Though usually associated with thunderstorms,[1] the observed phenomenon is reported to last considerably longer than the split-second flash of a lightning bolt, and is a phenomenon distinct from St. Elmo's fire.

Old 04-09-2024, 09:18 AM

58 posts, read 8,581 times
Well you could go to the hologram theory which has stood for 27 years without anyone able to prove it wrong. Which implies everything exist only as information on a 2 dimensional surface coming from somewhere else and everything is a illusion. There would be no right or wrong evil or good no mistakes everything is flowing just like its meant to be.There would be variation for choice like an interactive game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality