Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 09:23 PM

122 posts, read 172,124 times

Advertisements

iPhone 5 is likely the best Smartphone launched ever, but it does not change the world again. In fact, there's no line waiting in front of Apple's store in Shanghai although Apple's market share in the US reached record high. But in other part Windows Phone is eating iOS's share.

Recently Apple cut its orders to suppliers which led to the drop of share of Foxconn, and the analysts believe iPhone 5 stands no chance.

Apple really needs something revolutionary, but I do not think it's easy.

Analyst: Apple iPhone 5, game over
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2012, 07:20 PM

17,715 posts, read 29,859,001 times
Default Be a man

and short AAPL.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:08 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,875,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlanguide View Post
iPhone 5 is likely the best Smartphone launched ever, but it does not change the world again. In fact, there's no line waiting in front of Apple's store in Shanghai although Apple's market share in the US reached record high. But in other part Windows Phone is eating iOS's share.

Recently Apple cut its orders to suppliers which led to the drop of share of Foxconn, and the analysts believe iPhone 5 stands no chance.

The iPhone is the best phone ever made by far. There is no phone even close to the iPhone. And each new version of it breaks records in sales.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:49 PM

3,465 posts, read 4,847,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
The iPhone is the best phone ever made by far. There is no phone even close to the iPhone.
That is a matter of opinion. No doubt it is a nice phone but the Samsung Galaxy S3 is quite marvelous as well. If I was going to go get a new phone right now it would be the Galaxy S3 but that is just my preference.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:26 AM

2,131 posts, read 4,918,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
That is a matter of opinion. No doubt it is a nice phone but the Samsung Galaxy S3 is quite marvelous as well. If I was going to go get a new phone right now it would be the Galaxy S3 but that is just my preference.
I would wait. Several of the tech sites are reporting that the S4 could be released any day now.

Old 12-25-2012, 04:48 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,253,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
The iPhone is the best phone ever made by far. There is no phone even close to the iPhone. And each new version of it breaks records in sales.
I don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlanguide View Post

The iPhone changes very little from model-to-model, lacks many features that are standard on other smartphones, and outside of working seemingly well (usually), it is not the most advanced out there. Nor will it ever be. By Apple standards, it is up for a complete overhaul. Apple is holding back, and in my opinion, it is so they can release a completely new phone. My guess is that the iPhone 6, which will not be much different than the iPhone 5, will be the last iPhone.

Old 12-25-2012, 08:17 PM

122 posts, read 172,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
I don't think so.
My guess is that the iPhone 6, which will not be much different than the iPhone 5, will be the last iPhone.
How could that be? Apple is not to disappear in the Smartphone industry any time soon, and iPhone 6 could not last Apple a few years.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:00 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,479,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
I got my wife the iPhone 5 and I got the Samsung Galaxy S3 and I love it! I wasn't extremely excited about her iPhone when I saw it, and in fact, my wife was more impressed with some of the features on my Samsung that she didn't have on her iPhone.

All in all, I guess it's which ever flavor, but I would say Samsung has done an excellent job in closing that gap between Android and IOS.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:02 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,479,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcousert View Post
I would wait. Several of the tech sites are reporting that the S4 could be released any day now.
Ya know, I wouldn't just because I believe you roll with what you know is very good right now, and the S4 might be the phone that takes a step back or if anything, doesn't change much from the S3. Maybe a quad-core processor as opposed to a duo-core, but other than that, I have not regretted my smartphone purchase at all.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:31 PM

2,131 posts, read 4,918,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Ya know, I wouldn't just because I believe you roll with what you know is very good right now, and the S4 might be the phone that takes a step back or if anything, doesn't change much from the S3. Maybe a quad-core processor as opposed to a duo-core, but other than that, I have not regretted my smartphone purchase at all.
They say the S4 could have 1080P resolution. That would be a waste. The average person wouldn't be able to tell the difference on a device that small.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones