Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2024, 06:48 PM

33,526 posts, read 37,125,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
First of all, he killed every human but eight...not two.

Secondly, he killed them because they "deserved it".

And finally he killed all the little kids and unborn children because if he would have allowed them to grow up they would have "deserved it" anyway.
My boo boo. I'm not an expert on bible tales.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2024, 07:38 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,777,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Too bad god didn't get it right the first time.
According to the bible he killed every human except two and the same with all the animals in the great flood and started over again.
I am amazed at what some folks believe.
What was the reason given for doing that?

Old 03-27-2024, 08:19 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,907,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Too bad god didn't get it right the first time.
According to the bible he killed every human except two and the same with all the animals in the great flood and started over again. I am amazed at what some folks believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horn of ‘83 View Post

He had a bad day.

Old 03-27-2024, 09:17 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,865,664 times
So, recognizing that:
Advanced technology appears like magic, and a being with advanced technology is a god to us.

Where does that leave religion?

Old 03-28-2024, 04:20 AM

16,765 posts, read 4,971,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horn of ‘83 View Post
For doing things like sex out of wedlock. Then he got a virgin pregnant over 2000 years ago, and we haven't heard from him since.

Old 04-02-2024, 12:16 PM

58 posts, read 8,939 times
Well if it is false all you are is intelligent meat I call it the intelligent meat theory.Do you think all your are is meat? Kind of diminishes life doesn't it but if that what you want to believe I'm good with it.

Old 04-02-2024, 12:31 PM

50,770 posts, read 24,270,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul888 View Post
Well if it is false all you are is intelligent meat I call it the intelligent meat theory.Do you think all your are is meat? Kind of diminishes life doesn't it but if that what you want to believe I'm good with it.
it is what it is

Old 04-02-2024, 12:34 PM

19,967 posts, read 13,455,445 times
Quote:
You can couch it in intentionally disgusting framing if you want but you would still be wrong about it "diminishing life". I could just as well accuse you of "embellishing life".

The ability to find meaning and purpose is unimpeded by the absence of celestial realms inhabited by gods. Indeed, if anything, it is enhanced, because the palette you have to work with is much bigger. And by that, no, I don't mean a list of exclusively depraved or dysfunctional behaviors.

The caricatures of humanists seem never-ending. But ... at least you're "good with it", as I'm good with you believing in your sky wizard.

Old 04-03-2024, 03:28 AM

16,765 posts, read 4,971,895 times
Quote:
Diminishes life? It means we have one chance to live a good life as best we can, and to leave a better planet for our descendants. Your belief is to say who cares, you will go to heaven, where you will sing in the choir eternal, a slave to a tyrant of a god who lays down the laws you must follow, otherwise you may end up in Hell for all eternity.

Old 04-03-2024, 10:04 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,865,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Diminishes life? It means we have one chance to live a good life as best we can, and to leave a better planet for our descendants. Your belief is to say who cares, you will go to heaven, where you will sing in the choir eternal, a slave to a tyrant of a god who lays down the laws you must follow, otherwise you may end up in Hell for all eternity.

Yet some believe in reincarnation so it would NOT be living in 'Heaven' forever, but taking many, many more trips to other Earths to learn other lessons to educate and grow the soul. There is evidence for reincarnation which folks often dont recognize as valid or real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality