Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2024, 12:02 AM

16,756 posts, read 4,968,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Why, what will happen?
His fictional friend will spank your Po.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2024, 02:29 AM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Why, what will happen? If Jesus was going to do anything to me he'd have done it already, don't you think? Jesus isn't going to do squat to me, Mystic. He'll just sit on his throne in heaven, belch, pass hot air and scratch himself.
There are no punishments but you will not be happy with what you have become

Old 03-26-2024, 06:23 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There are no punishments but you will not be happy with what you have become

Eh. Let's wait and see.

Old 03-26-2024, 11:46 AM

5,456 posts, read 3,908,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Zero errors? So the Jews now rule the world under one religion, and they were never in Babylon?

Your cross references and 'prophecies' are because many of the later works are based on the earlier ones, so Jesus fulfilling OT 'prophecy' is evidence for a fictional character being invented out of the OT.
Hey now, he did say 'without zero errors'. His own error makes his statement accurate

Old 03-27-2024, 02:58 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Are you serious? The God of the Bible ordered Saul to kill "man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass" in 1 Samuel 15.2-3. The Bible contains hundreds of other cruel acts of God. How are these good and moral messages?

OK, but there are some good bits as well. I mean, anyone who is remotely a moral person can probably come up with some good advice so it is not a particularly Big Deal. I agree that there are many examples in the Bible which are not examples of good behaviour. I was just trying to be positive about parts of it.

Old 03-27-2024, 04:02 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
OK, but there are some good bits as well. I mean, anyone who is remotely a moral person can probably come up with some good advice so it is not a particularly Big Deal. I agree that there are many examples in the Bible which are not examples of good behaviour. I was just trying to be positive about parts of it.
Too bad god didn't get it right the first time.
According to the bible he killed every human except two and the same with all the animals in the great flood and started over again. I am amazed at what some folks believe.

Old 03-27-2024, 05:10 AM

5,901 posts, read 3,789,744 times
Quote:
At the risk of being labelled the anti-christ, I want to explore another related topic. Although if I was the anti-christ, I would probably not limit myself to a fairly obscure forum website, (everyone uses social media these days) anyway...

It seems to me that the Bible could be an ancient screenplay with all the associated dialogues, scene changes, plots and twists in it. I can imagine a bunch of screenwriters all sitting around in a room and making up the story outline, drawing up the storyboard, and then working out the characters and their dialogues. If it is one, then it has certainly been a hot series.

Bearing in mind that the Bible (NT) was written long after the events which are described, what other explanation than the above could there be?
Many things have crossed my mind about the Bible but not this scenario. It's just as plausible as any other take on it, except for the insane belief that it is the word of some god.

"These scholars assert that John of Patmos wrote Revelation but neither the Gospel of John nor the Epistles of John. The author of Revelation identifies himself as "John" several times, but the author of the Gospel of John never identifies himself directly."

John of Patmos was insane. Revelation is written like some kind of bad nightmare, or even more possible was that he was on some type of drug. My guess is mushrooms. He fantasized/hallucinated all of it and then wrote it down as if it came from a god. I mean, come on!

The bible says that "god is not the author of confusion" and that is true, since there isn't a god. Mankind causes the confusion. And like you said, it could really only be just an elaborate play. Not a screenplay like you said, since movies didn't exist. It's more like a sick and scary Shakespearian type play.

I always imagined those ancient ignorant goat-herders that supposedly wrote this bible book.......years after these things they describe can only be from those shepherds imaginations. I don't get it and I never will understand how fully grown, somewhat intelligent people can believe it. Yes, I was once a Christian but that was what I was taught and it was ONLY fear that kept me a Christian. When I let go of the eternal hell belief, then it all started to fall apart. It's pure madness to think it is some god's word.

I like your thinking. My latest thing of how we arrived here on this planet is that it is a penal colony for the wicked in previous lives. We were left in the dark on purpose because we're being punished. It's a test by the aliens that dropped us off, we're originally pod babies.

J/k I have more ridiculous ideas, sort of like the ridiculous notion that the bible is inerrant and the word of god. LOL.

Old 03-27-2024, 11:20 AM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
One day when I went to a funeral and was listening to the eulogy, I was shocked at what a highly cleansed version of the man's life was being described. I mean to the extreme. And as I sat there thinking about it, at one point I thought to myself that 'a person is really only as good as they are at their worst'. And I guess I would say the same thing about the bible.

Old 03-27-2024, 11:33 AM

17,772 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Too bad god didn't get it right the first time.
According to the bible he killed every human except two and the same with all the animals in the great flood and started over again. I am amazed at what some folks believe.
First of all, he killed every human but eight...not two.

Secondly, he killed them because they "deserved it".

And finally he killed all the little kids and unborn children because if he would have allowed them to grow up they would have "deserved it" anyway.

Old 03-27-2024, 12:24 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
First of all, he killed every human but eight...not two.

Secondly, he killed them because they "deserved it".

And finally he killed all the little kids and unborn children because if he would have allowed them to grow up they would have "deserved it" anyway.
You certainly do have a way of putting things!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality