Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2024, 02:53 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times

Advertisements

This is figured in Christians beliefs and I find it amazing that this small item(!) is so important. Everyone else is quite interested in it too. Apparently it 'resides' in a church in a small village called Calcata rather than going with Jesus into Heaven.

Quote:
What happened to Jesus's foreskin?
After being lost for almost 1500 years, Christ's foreskin (known as the Holy Prepuce) was discovered in the small Roman town of Calcata, disproving a theory by 17th century theologian Leo Allatius that it ascended into heaven to become the rings of Saturn. The Holy Foreskin was immediately attributed with numerous divine miracles, including perfumed mists and freak storms. It supposedly had divine attributes: rubbing it upon the eyelids of the blind could make them see.

https://www.wired.com/2006/12/whatever-happen/

.It is amazing how something like this has lasted for so long without being turned to dust by the winds of time...and how do you identify one small kids foreskin from anther? Maybe it is just a good marketing coup? What do people think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2024, 04:06 AM

16,758 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
This is figured in Christians beliefs and I find it amazing that this small item(!) is so important. Everyone else is quite interested in it too. Apparently it 'resides' in a church in a small village called Calcata rather than going with Jesus into Heaven.

.It is amazing how something like this has lasted for so long without being turned to dust by the winds of time...and how do you identify one small kids foreskin from anther? Maybe it is just a good marketing coup? What do people think?
I believe the number is 16 foreskins, 5 heads of his grandmother from Mary's part of the family, and 2 heads of John the Baptist.

Old 01-07-2024, 07:43 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:

Yes. That's all it is. A marketing gimmick.

Old 01-07-2024, 07:53 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,443,647 times
When it comes to relics, from my standpoint it is nothing more than idol worship. It is similar to what happened with Gideon's ephod, and the bronze serpent Moses made. (Scripture tells us the people put the bronze serpent inside the Temple, and made offerings to it). Now, all these famed relics, I very seriously doubt they are authentic, especially "Jesus' foreskin". (Why would anyone search for such a thing?) Yet even if they were all authentic, its still idol worship to see them as anything unique. People are obsessed with Jesus' foreskin, and not Jesus Himself? My spiritual opinion is, all you need is Jesus. Embrace Him.

Old 01-07-2024, 10:18 AM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
When it comes to relics, from my standpoint it is nothing more than idol worship. It is similar to what happened with Gideon's ephod, and the bronze serpent Moses made. (Scripture tells us the people put the bronze serpent inside the Temple, and made offerings to it). Now, all these famed relics, I very seriously doubt they are authentic, especially "Jesus' foreskin". (Why would anyone search for such a thing?) Yet even if they were all authentic, its still idol worship to see them as anything unique. People are obsessed with Jesus' foreskin, and not Jesus Himself? My spiritual opinion is, all you need is Jesus. Embrace Him.
But be sure to know Jesus, the One and only Word of God (Logos), and not confuse Him with the scriptures.

Old 01-07-2024, 11:23 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,443,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
But be sure to know Jesus, the One and only Word of God (Logos), and not confuse Him with the scriptures.
I agree we shouldn't worship the Bible, but the Bible speaks to Jesus. So its good for instruction.

Old 01-07-2024, 12:00 PM

993 posts, read 782,612 times
Quote:
Perfect!

Old 01-07-2024, 01:31 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
I agree we shouldn't worship the Bible, but the Bible speaks to Jesus. So its good for instruction.
The Bible speaks ABOUT Jesus but NOT for Him. We must make the effort to discern the "mind of Christ" from His actions and attitudes toward us as depicted in the Bible to ensure that anything attributed to Him by our ancestors is accurate and compatible with His Holy Spirit as revealed on the Cross and demonstrated unambiguously. That is why Jesus insisted upon our remembering Him on the Cross, IMO. Sadly, our ancestors used THEIR beliefs about God's wrathful attitude and motives toward us to interpret Jesus' actions on the Cross, NOT Jesus' clear agape love and forgiveness for our ignorance and brutality. It has been a travesty!

Last edited by MysticPhD; 01-07-2024 at 01:50 PM..

Old 01-08-2024, 04:50 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
This is figured in Christians beliefs and I find it amazing that this small item(!) is so important.
And why on earth is this "small item" so important? What would be the grand result of it being found to be authentic (as if that could conceivably happen)?

Old 01-09-2024, 04:19 AM

4,190 posts, read 2,501,136 times
Traditionally, the foreskin is buried. Sometimes, it's given to the parents for burial; some folks bury it by a newly planted tree.

But faith trumps all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality